Blaming the economy for unemployment is now taboo

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Blaming the economy for unemployment is now taboo

Post by Tsar »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
Tsar wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:You see? THIS is an actual problem with the west. Everyone wants someone who is megaqualified, and can't be arsed to train anyone. They want a taxi cab driver that can explain calculus, or a waitress that has a masters in biology, or a line cook with a doctorate. What is with this unbalance? I think it's applies mainly to the western and southern parts of the US. It seems like the north/northeast still has SOME sense left and actually enjoys hiring people who fit the bill evenly.
It's not so much about college degrees these days. The problem is that many of these menial jobs nowadays require prior experience. Out of all the jobs I applied for in my area, not one but two required at least two years experience. The hiring process is the main reason I gave up looking for work domestically and turned to making money online instead. Right now, I make my online income from GoAnimate grounded videos I upload to YouTube and then monetize with ads.
How is GoAnimate working out for you?
It's going a lot better now than ever before. The views are going up as is the income.
I'd like to see the videos. Are they on YouTube?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Tsar wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
Tsar wrote:
MattHanson1990 wrote:
Blue Murder wrote:You see? THIS is an actual problem with the west. Everyone wants someone who is megaqualified, and can't be arsed to train anyone. They want a taxi cab driver that can explain calculus, or a waitress that has a masters in biology, or a line cook with a doctorate. What is with this unbalance? I think it's applies mainly to the western and southern parts of the US. It seems like the north/northeast still has SOME sense left and actually enjoys hiring people who fit the bill evenly.
It's not so much about college degrees these days. The problem is that many of these menial jobs nowadays require prior experience. Out of all the jobs I applied for in my area, not one but two required at least two years experience. The hiring process is the main reason I gave up looking for work domestically and turned to making money online instead. Right now, I make my online income from GoAnimate grounded videos I upload to YouTube and then monetize with ads.
How is GoAnimate working out for you?
It's going a lot better now than ever before. The views are going up as is the income.
I'd like to see the videos. Are they on YouTube?
Yes they are. My YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/CubsRuleProductions
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MattHanson1990 wrote:Yes they are. My YouTube channel is http://www.youtube.com/user/CubsRuleProductions
Weird. Does this make much money? I guess this would be a way of launching a future syndicated cartoon.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

I would also like to know if it makes much money.

I started using GoAnimate's Free Trial in my free time to make funny cartoon shows to split my free time between productive creative writing and creating productive cartoon movies.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Those people are confusing confidence with willpower. You can have plenty of confidence, but without the strength of will, it will be useless. That's what women mean when they say they like men with confidence. What they really mean is they want men with willpower. As in the will to HANDLE THEM (e.g. put them back into their place) when they play that game where they get upset over nothing (I know ideally she won't be a gameplayer, this is just an example), and the willpower to follow through from start to finish and knowing how to get there. They want to pretend in their minds as if things are flowing naturally and unplanned (because it absolves them of guilt, or it makes them feel more feminine, take your pick), but in reality, she is simply depending upon the man to arrange things seemlessly so that it appears as if things flowed naturally.

Confidence doesnt get you there. Will power is what gets you there.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.