Why do we hear more negativity than positivity?

Vent your rants and raves here about whatever makes you mad, angry or frustrated.
mattyman
Junior Poster

Why do we hear more negativity than positivity?

Post by mattyman »

I mean, why do we seldom hear from people who genuinely are happier abroad, who are having a good time.

Why do we hear so much of the disillusioned rubbish, such as 'all women want men with money, alpha males, hate nice guys etc.'? The whole 'women want a mane for money' thing seems a bit like a mixture of a myth and the opinions of people who've had bad experiences.

'Foreign women want you for your money', 'ALL women are the same, there's no good ones', 'they will all f**k you over'. 'If you're not an uber kick-ass, bad boy, rich etc. or else you'll have to accept what's given to you'. I thought the whole going abroad and dating foreign nationals thing was all about expanding your horizons to find an alternative to that? An alternative to bimbo's, sluts, materialistic types.

Why don't we hear very much from people who are genuinely happier abroad, who have met a nice woman, who are in a happy place? Yet, we hear a disproportionate amount of the above negativity. Maybe those who've found a better niche for themselves are too busy being happy and getting on with their lives. Maybe this just answered my own question.

TBH some of the stuff that comes up on this board is pretty horrible and depressing, hardly captivating. It makes me wonder, how come we don't hear a fair share of positive stuff, such as more balanced opinions on women, reports of happiness, good girls who treat them with respect or even just seeing the positive in things (e.g. at least having women giving you the time of day vs. not being given the time of day as an improvement).

Then there is the bit about 'success'. Success in finding girls open to serial dating, casual sex etc. or success in coming-across girls that are actually good girls, who value you for you, who don't turn nasty as soon as they don't get their way. You know, that type that many of you from the US and also us lot from the UK continually moan about not being able to find.

An alternative to manufactured personalities. I thought the international option was all about the fact that, you never know what's out there, there is always the possibility to be pleasantly surprised, if you've been living in 'anglo matrix' what you've experienced of the world so far is by no means representative of the whole world.

I think we don't hear from people who are genuinely happy, who're dating nice girls etc who's opinions of women deviate from 'they all want a rich man, an alpha, a fun time' etc. is because such people are busy enjoying their lives.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

It's just human nature. People bitch when things are going badly for them, but take it for granted when things are going great.

For example: ever see a sign on the back of a truck that asks "How's my driving? Call 1-800-xxx-xxxx" How many people do you think call that number with compliments?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

You want people to speak the truth and not blow 'sunshine-up-your ass.' That's a problem I have with some other forums, where people like to brag and post fantastical tales about themselves--with only bits of truth in it. (cough...RooshV...cough.)

You want the good balanced with the bad, or else you might lead some people astray by having them believe in fairy-tales--and then get burned-in-the-process. That doesn't help anybody in the end...

But most people on the forum who are like what you describe, Mattyman, are trolls on this forum, but guys like Rock, bitch-and-moan when I take a harder stance on moderation, since they advocate 'freedom-of-speech'--even when it's obvious some people are here to stir trouble and cause problems on this site...
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

It's not only women who love drama. Look at the dramatic trip reports (positive or negative) and see how much activity they get. Now look at the basic (positive) trip reports and see how few follow ups there are.

It's human nature but that's certainly magnified on this forum.
Temprano26
Freshman Poster

Post by Temprano26 »

When I came back from Costa Rica I immediately found America to be more negative and filled with business-minded unhappy people.

Too many people are all about business with the people around them so of course they believe attractive women in the Phillipines or Latin American countries just need money. America doesn't believe in love anymore, only using people.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

I am happier abroad. While I am here in the crappy USSR i mean the USA I can complain about what I see.

hey why don't you take some more of your prozak don't complain.

seeing negative things un-American. Just censor yourself and shut up. Just happy posts. Your slut ex-wife takes half your crap just smile and be happy. How dare you complain about American women how dare you say that some foreign women may treat you better.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I think those who are happier abroad don't like to gloat and boast. Their contributions that give advice on HOW to emigrate is the positive feedback you are asking about.

Also, this forum is, by definition, one that validates peoples' dismissed and discouraged expression of dissatisfaction about the west and America in particular. That makes negativity a necessary component of the forum to counteract the "positivity at all costs" crap of society.
Jonny Law
Experienced Poster

Post by Jonny Law »

Energy derives from both positive and negative. Every battery has a positive and negative side. I think that people should feel free to express their opinions positive and negative.
FrancisUser
Freshman Poster

Post by FrancisUser »

It's all relative. What might be positive for one can be negative for another. For example, Winston leaving the USA for a better dating life is good for him while the American women resent that, or vice-versa, Winston getting rejected by stuck-up American women inflates the hubris of American women while giving Winston a negative experience.

In Canada, the economy is good for Alberta and bad for Ontario, it's all relative, and a balance of positive and negative narrations are suitable.