Against the Men's Rights Movement

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Against the Men's Rights Movement

Post by fschmidt »

I just want to post a link to this article:

Patriarchists should shun The Spearhead

It is written from a Christian perspective, but as an atheist, I agree with it.
Last edited by fschmidt on March 9th, 2011, 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

I agreed with some of what he said. Many of these men grew up after the 1960s, and they don't realize that they have been indoctrinated with the 60s mindset, and so they are actually reasoning from the same mindset that created feminism. Most of them don't have a clue how real men acted or thought before the 60s came around.
Enishi
Freshman Poster

Post by Enishi »

I agree with his criticism of the tendency of some MRM types to discard all traces of social roles and obligation in favor of individualist hedonism, along with the AWALT argument.

However, statements like these destroy any respect I might have felt for the author:

"Most of them also despise chastity, going so far as to endorse the abominable practice of onanism."

"Of course, anyone who cares about maintaining normative gender roles knows that we have no more fanatical enemy than the male sodomites, who work tirelessly to destroy the patriarchal family so that they can gratify their obscene lusts without social censure. Anyone who wants sodomites on his side isn’t on our side."

"Patriarchy holds the allegiance of one billion Muslims strong, millions of traditionalist Catholics, and others."

If, however, he is referring to the content at the Mgtow and Happy Bachelor forums, then I do partly agree with this:

"MRM is mostly the hobby of a few socially maladapted masturbators."
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Enishi wrote:However, statements like these destroy any respect I might have felt for the author:

"Of course, anyone who cares about maintaining normative gender roles knows that we have no more fanatical enemy than the male sodomites, who work tirelessly to destroy the patriarchal family so that they can gratify their obscene lusts without social censure. Anyone who wants sodomites on his side isn’t on our side."
I also disagree with this statement. But you can't expect everyone to agree on everything. Cooperation requires compromise and requires focusing on shared goals instead of on differences of opinion. I think these Christian types are capable of real action, while the MRM is totally useless, so I would much rather side with the Christians even if I, as an atheist, don't agree with everything they believe.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

MrPeabody wrote:I agreed with some of what he said. Many of these men grew up after the 1960s, and they don't realize that they have been indoctrinated with the 60s mindset, and so they are actually reasoning from the same mindset that created feminism. Most of them don't have a clue how real men acted or thought before the 60s came around.
Agreed.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!