Hypothetical question about divorce and dividing assets

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
Winston
Site Admin

Hypothetical question about divorce and dividing assets

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
I have a hypothetical question.

What if, just before a man gets a divorce, he transfers all the title of all his assets and his bank account balance over to his parents, so that his wife can't steal half of it under the legal system? Would that work? Has that been tried before? If so, what was the outcome?

I don't understand why a woman who divorces a man can just take half his assets. That's like legalized stealing. How come the man can't take half the woman's assets too? What is the rational behind such a huge double standard?

And how come feminists aren't complaining about this inequality?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I think it would depend on when it was done. If it was done before the marriage or early into it when things were ok, then there wouldn't be a problem. If it was done before divorce proceedings started, than I think the court would get into it and still give the money to the wife. I think this has happened numerous times already. Guys can rarely get away with anything now in western courts in regards to keeping his finances unless there was a pre-nump and the state in which they reside honor it. Even they are being fought against now and judges can nullify them if he/she thinks its "unfair" to the woman. It's getting pretty tough to get into a marriage in America nowadays and think you're safe. I don't think I would ever consider marrying an American woman, too dangerous. I know too many guys who have been screwed over personally by their ex wives and pay up the ass financially for it. That's one crucial mistake I have not made yet, marriage!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here is what a divorced friend of mine who has worked in law enforcement had to say about this issue. He explains one way you can keep your assets during a divorce.

"The answer depends. Does the wife know of this bank account and any property? Was this property or money accumulated before or during the marriage? If she does, then the court will order the return of all assets and you will be penalized by the judge and her attorney.

Forget pre-nups as the do not work for the average person. A judge can simply throw them out as unfair, one sided or especially with a foreign wife. You can not leave your wife in poverty. She has to maintain her "same" life style as held during marriage. In a divorce, her attorney will primarily be looking for assets that are owned prior to and during marriage looking at least 5 years in the past (prior to marriage), in order to pay her off. My experience is that women certainly try to financially benefit in a divorce. If you marry a poor woman, you will raise her to your living standards.

The only 100% way to protect yourself is to have your house title in your mother or fathers name and to have a (secret- meaning wife does not know) bank account in your mother or fathers name. Then after you are married, you pay rent every month or borrow money if needed. The new wife will believe you are borowing money from your parents, you both sign promissory notes for borrowing the money if it is needed, and same for paying rent. In a divorce, she is obligated to pay her share of the community debts and if she can not obtain possession of your house. Cruel? You have to determine if you want to lose everything or not.

If you own property or money, you must have a plan several years before marriage. No property in your name ! Remember, even if you have a house that you owned prior to marriage, your wife is entitled to the increase in equity of the house and if any rent money is used in the marriage, this is a community asset also.

For example, say you own a $200,000 house in year 2000 that is paid off (no bank) and that you rent for $1000 per month. In this example, you live in another house with your wife. You own the house before the marriage . The rent money goes into your seperate or joint bank account. Sometimes you use the rent money for house repairs, property taxes or keep the extra in another bank account entitle, "investment property, " or you use some for your family, such as to buy a car.

In year 2005, you are in a divorce. The house is now appraised for an asset for your wife by her attorney at $250,000. Your wife is entitled to 50% of the $50,000 in the equity change. Now you have to obtain a $25,000 line of credit or a mortgage to pay her off.

The attorney will of course ask for more...if she helped to manage or rent your house during those marriage years. Now as far as the rental income...., did you declare this with your normal joint tax return or did you set up a investment corporation that files its own taxes. Now it can be argued that the rental income was and should be part of your earned marriage income, and that she is entitled to 50% of all your rental income, regardless if it was spent or not and that on child support calculations, the rental income will increase your monthly amount by another $1000 per month, so you will pay more child support.

Now you want to pay your child support so for the next five years you work a second job and have no social life, you live on little money and then when you think that everyone is happy that you are paying your support, the ex-wife finds out about the second job and is upset that she is not getting more. So back to court for child payments and the Judge says your past five years of extra income must be included in the calculations and now as your reward, you are now further in debt, owe $20,000 in back child support for those five years of working to pay off the previous child support.

Sorry, I carried this past your orginal question."
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

It's insanity. That guy in california who dressed up in a santa outfit and killed his exwife, he had gotten
royally screwed. She decided to divorce him after two years cause he had taken a disabled child off as a deduction.

She got 3.5k spousal support. He had lost his job but was making 120k. So the government takes 1/2 in taxes
: he gets to keep 60k , then his wife gets 42,000 spousal support. He gets to live on 20% of his income.

THE BITCH DESERVED TO DIE. SHE GOT WHAT WAS COMING TO HER!
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

As I understand it, in a community property state, it is very clear that assets brought into the marriage stay separate. So if a man owned a home before he got married, it would be his. The only contribution to the community would be payments made to the principle of the loan, which would be considered to be an investment into the home, so the amount of gain of the home attributed to the payments would be divided.

A great way to shield assets is to have all retirement accounts such that no contributions are made during the marriage. Then the total amount would be considered separate. This would mean having to get a new employer for the case of a 401K.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

The only 100% way to protect yourself is to have your house title in your mother or fathers name
If they are still living that is.
and to have a (secret- meaning wife does not know) bank account in your mother or fathers name.
But how do you withdraw the money from it? You have your mom go to the bank all the time? An elderly lady? Or will she give you an ATM card in her name?

Then after you are married, you pay rent every month or borrow money if needed. The new wife will believe you are borowing money from your parents, you both sign promissory notes for borrowing the money if it is needed,
Wife and you sign a promissory note for borrowing money from parents and how long will you be borrowing? All your lives?
Marriage is supposed to last decades. Parents die you know. And what will you be putting on your tax returns? That you are living off of loans from your parents?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Nate
Freshman Poster

planning...

Post by Nate »

Keep your assets?

It's all about planning....with that and about a year's head start...a lot of money goes down a black hole....never to be seen again...no paper trail....I have seen this work quite well...one man I know lost over $800,000 to bookies in a years time it seems...
and his treatment as a compulsive gambler only added to his wife's rage...it seems that after about 20 months and divorce...
the money somehow surfaced in the Caymans...while this same man miraculously turned up in Columbia with a fine local babe and...
well, you get the picture....his ex never figured out that a keystroke recorder was put on their home computer...
His "gambling habit" was a response to her affair that was ongoing....he could have won an oscar...

Nate
Nate
Freshman Poster

Marriage USA

Post by Nate »

My Father's Definition of Marriage in the USA:

The Girl: "You and I live together and if it does not work out, I get to keep your stuff"

The Reality: Few American girls can measure up to an average Bangkok whore...but they are ever so sure that
they are God's Gift to the men of the world...who are ever so privileged to even sniff their old panties....being as they
shit gold wrapped candy bars...

The Reality: American men especially are sought around the world as mates...Yankee men are considered to be top choices
by many women all over. Few American women are sought out by foreign men.

Unfortunately, most American men have long ago submitted to the p***y Cartel...or the Gold p***y Association of America...
and are pretty well whipped. For most men of my age...(52) their wives long ago cut off their pecker and now keep it in their
purse...letting them have it back a few times a year if they totally kiss their ass in the mean time...

Am I bitter? Hell No! I have the time of my life...a tart girl friend who adores me...asks me to come home for lunch and a little
lunch time lov'in... a delightful little nympho really...I just feel sorry for those dumb-asses back in the States sucking shit through
garden hoses for some 300 lb "empowered" cheese monster....

Flee Flee Flee!

My 2 pesos worth...

Nate
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Marriage USA

Post by ladislav »

My Father's Definition of Marriage in the USA:

The Girl: "You and I live together and if it does not work out, I get to keep your stuff"

The Reality: Few American girls can measure up to an average Bangkok whore...but they are ever so sure that
they are God's Gift to the men of the world...who are ever so privileged to even sniff their old panties....being as they

The Reality: American men especially are sought around the world as mates...Yankee men are considered to be top choices

Unfortunately, most American men have long ago submitted to the p***y Cartel...or the Gold p***y Association of America...
and are pretty well whipped. For most men of my age...(52) their wives long ago cut off their pecker and now keep it in their
purse...letting them have it back a few times a year if they totally kiss their ass in the mean time...

Am I bitter? Hell No! I have the time of my life...a tart girl friend who adores me...asks me to come home for lunch and a little

Most American men do not travel so while they are 'sought after', they are rarely seen abroad alone. However, guess who is reaping the glory of American men? All other white men. Ozzies, Germans, Kiwis, the ones who are travelling. Most Asians and Latinos cannot tell an America from a Kanuck or an Aussie
so, these are devoured by many a local lady. Thanks. America! Now a German has all these girlfriends because he looks like an American.

So, whereabouts are you Nate? Colombia?
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
polya
Junior Poster

Post by polya »

None of what I read is here watertight. Don't be offended, but you don't want to take financial/legal advice from a Police Officer as they aren't lawyers. Unfortunately, you don't even have to marry to lose your assets, de-facto marriages also will cause you to lose your assets upon breaking up. If you try to get assets out of your name (by giving them away for less than they are worth) just before you serve divorce papers, this is called Comtempt of Court & will land you in jail.
The courts can nullify EVERYTHING you do - even watertight things like off-shore trusts, or companies. Basically, you just can't own things yourself - especially a car (try leasing it) or house (put it in your parents name when you buy it). Not only is this good advice to save you from a divorce, but will save you from the IRS, phoney lawsuits, etc.

These laws have been made on purpose to turn the sexes against each-other, so don't play along. Make everything difficult, flood the courts with paperwork. E.g. every time an order is made against your wages, quit your job (it'll take months to track you down again). They can't put every man in jail for failing to pay child support (but at the same time don't think that you are above the law).
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Marriage USA

Post by jamesbond »

Nate wrote:My Father's Definition of Marriage in the USA:

lunch time lov'in... a delightful little nympho really...I just feel sorry for those dumb-asses back in the States sucking shit through
garden hoses for some 300 lb "empowered" cheese monster....

Flee Flee Flee!

My 2 pesos worth...
Nate
I especially loved the line "I just feel sorry for those dumb-asses back in the States sucking shit through garden hoses for some 300 lb "empowered" chesse monster." LOL :shock: How funny but true!

One guy on another forum said this about American women: "American women are domestic terrorists, they divorce men (72% of all divorces in the US are initiated by women) for no good reason (80% of all divorces in the US are over trivial things) then as a parting gift they get 50% of their ex-husbands net worth, not to mention child support until the kids turn 18."

The man is left in financial ruins for years, because his wife was "bored with him" or "needed her space" so she leaves him and then he is stuck holding the finacial bag for her for years to come. That is one business deal I want no part of, thanks but no thanks! :roll: