Nice time to call it a day!

Discuss Anti-Feminism, Men's Rights, and Misandry (hatred of men in America).
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Nice time to call it a day!

Post by publicduende »

What did you do immediately after selling your company?
Kevin Kruse
Kevin Kruse, KevinKruse.com, Entrepreneur, NY Times bestselling author

Got divorced and lost half the money. Well not immediately…

As soon as the deal closed I drove home, very excited, and asked my wife to log into our online banking account to confirm the wire transfer went through.

She sat in front of the laptop. I stood behind her, looking over her shoulder at the screen. That boot up sequence took forever (yeah, it was a Windows machine).

Finally, she logs in and clicks the account number and…there it is! A totally life changing amount of money. I feel happy, and relief, so much hard work and…

“Wow, I could leave you now, take half and never work another day the rest of my life,” she said flatly. And then she chuckled as if it were a joke.

Even as a joke I thought it was a weird thought for her to have in that moment. I chuckled.

Two weeks later she sat me down and said she feels disconnected in our marriage. We should go to a counselor to try to save things, but if we can’t fix it, we should split up while we’re still young enough to find someone else and get married again.

Six months later we were separated.

Six months after that we got divorced (yes, she got half plus alimony plus child support).

Six months after that she got engaged to the guitar player from church.

Am I bitter? Nope. Life is too short to be stuck in a bad marriage, and she was right, it was a bad marriage. She just had the courage to call it.

Making money is WAY easier than finding love or happiness. But the next time I decide I’ve found the love of my life, a prenup will definitely be involved. ;-)
https://www.quora.com/What-did-you-do-i ... ef=fb_page

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Nice time to call it a day!

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
Kevin Kruse

As soon as the deal closed I drove home, very excited, and asked my wife to log into our online banking account to confirm the wire transfer went through.

She sat in front of the laptop. I stood behind her, looking over her shoulder at the screen. That boot up sequence took forever (yeah, it was a Windows machine).

Finally, she logs in and clicks the account number and…there it is! A totally life changing amount of money. I feel happy, and relief, so much hard work and…

“Wow, I could leave you now, take half and never work another day the rest of my life,” she said flatly. And then she chuckled as if it were a joke.

Even as a joke I thought it was a weird thought for her to have in that moment. I chuckled.

Two weeks later she sat me down and said she feels disconnected in our marriage. We should go to a counselor to try to save things, but if we can’t fix it, we should split up while we’re still young enough to find someone else and get married again.

Six months after that we got divorced (yes, she got half plus alimony plus child support).

Am I bitter? Nope. Life is too short to be stuck in a bad marriage, and she was right, it was a bad marriage. She just had the courage to call it.

Making money is WAY easier than finding love or happiness. But the next time I decide I’ve found the love of my life, a prenup will definitely be involved. ;-)
Most of the time, marriage in America is pretty simple. She says, " You and I will live together and if it dose not work out, I get your stuff and money."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
Kevin Kruse

Most of the time, marriage in America is pretty simple. She says, " You and I will live together and if it dose not work out, I get your stuff and money."
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

publicduende wrote:
Kevin Kruse

Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

All of a sudden, the ex-wife felt disconnected after she saw the money.