Suburban crime

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
HappyGuy

Suburban crime

Post by HappyGuy »

Four teens charged for murder

HappyGuy

Re: Suburban crime

Post by HappyGuy »

In today's America you can get charged for murder for getting shot and having your friend die next to you :shock:

"It's the case that divided a small Indiana town and ignited a nationwide debate."

The Elkhart Four: Teens Convicted of Murder in Botched Burglary

Pt. 2
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

These kinds of felony murder charges are nothing new in the U.S. Though it was obviously a just resolution, I'm surprised the conviction was overturned. The lawyer missed the mark saying that violence could not have been foreseen, which is the test. You break into somebody's house, especially in a black neighborhood, you can expect someone to start shooting at you.

The kid who didn't even go in the house reminds me of a client I had in juvenile court -- a black kid appearing before a black judge, charged with robbery along with his buddies. He was present when the plan was hatched, but several blocks away when it went down. I argued that these boys probably proposed felonious activity to each other several times a day, but that doesn't indicate complicity in any given crime that is carried out. Nor is it necessarily evidence of criminal intent, since peer pressure leads them to participate in such conversations without necessarily assenting to the plans in their own minds. You need participation in the actual crime. The judge said it was the stupidest argument he'd ever heard.

I, by the way, have been burgled five times in the last two months. Crawled in through the bathroom window while I was at work. Got a laptop, phone, Echo speaker and cash. Got my baseball bat ready if they ever come while I'm there. God bless America.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

gsjackson wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm
I, by the way, have been burgled five times in the last two months.

Got my baseball bat ready if they ever come while I'm there. God bless America.
You reminded me of this case, retired man Byron Smith hid in his basement and shot two teens who broke in regularly while he was away

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

gsjackson wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 8:04 pm
I, by the way, have been burgled five times in the last two months. Crawled in through the bathroom window while I was at work. Got a laptop, phone, Echo speaker and cash. Got my baseball bat ready if they ever come while I'm there. God bless America.
See I would be, shall we say, discussing stuff with folks it I were you. Burgled five times? There would be a mess to clean up.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Cornfed wrote:
December 23rd, 2019, 10:14 pm
See I would be, shall we say, discussing stuff with folks it I were you.
He doesn't want to wind up on one of these threads after being on the news. :lol: He's a lawyer and knows better, it's much less of a legal hassle just to scare someone with a baseball bat and let them go than it is to play Dirty Harry. And unlike most American men today he doesn't have small penis syndrome controlling his mind so he doesn't need to hide behind his guns and regularly announce on and offline how his Glock is always ready to shoot first and ask questions later at any person or dog if they enter his personal space like today's American men like to do for some reason. If you don't believe me read the comments section of any crime news story. The weaker a man is the more he's ready to shoot someone for a minor offence because he's insecure around other men or he's overcompensating to show everyone he's to be respected. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=41749
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

Teen thugs run over by robbery victim :lol:

Teen facing 44 felony charges 'a menace to society'

Last edited by HappyGuy on June 8th, 2020, 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

:lol:

Homeowner rushes out of shower to stop bulldozer from destroying his home :shock:

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Crime has been increasing in suburban neighborhoods for a while now throughout the United States. It's still safer to live in the suburbs and not the city.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

jamesbond wrote:
June 4th, 2020, 9:57 pm
It's still safer to live in the suburbs and not the city.
But there's more diversity in the cities :o

The suburbs are usually real boring unless you live in a trailer park :D