The Trayvon Martin debacle

Discuss racial, ethnic and multicultural issues. Warning: The topics here are likely to be taboo, so if you are easily offended, you are better off not participating here.
The_Hero_of_Men
Experienced Poster

The Trayvon Martin debacle

Post by The_Hero_of_Men »

I heard about this online, and I do think that this case was/is a tragedy, but in a lot of newspapers I have read, all I have seen is that racist Zimmerman killed a defenseless, innocent little black kid. I did not know what truly happened, but I do know that I will not jump on that "Fry that racist Zimmerman because he shot an innocent, defenseless little black kid" bandwagon, like most of the black community has no doubt done. If it turns out that Zimmerman did kill Trayvon Martin in cold blood, then I will say "Hang/Fry the bastard!!!" Until then, I won't jump to conclusions.

What are your thoughts?
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light. This man, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Men. The man's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend...

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The Trayvon Martin shooting illustrates just how bad race relations are in this country and I fear a major race riot is going to occur as a result of this case. The main issue is one of mistreatment of black people by racist police departments around the country. I myself have witnesses many instances of abuse towards black people by police. At the same time, racial arsonists like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are only adding fuel to the fire by making this into a race issue when the facts still aren't completely known about this case and we still don't know what exactly happened to Trayvon and George that day. And Zimmerman was not a police officer, but a stupid wanna be, crazy vigilante neighborhood watchmen. And shame on the media for making him out to be a white male when he is in fact, half-Jewish and half-Hispanic, which makes him a person of mixed heritage and not White.

The gist of the problem is that many whites fear blacks and stereotype them as being criminals, thugs, and animals, but what white people often forget to take into account is the amount of oppression and discrimination that black people have endured from white people for decades resulting in poverty and neglect in many black communities. Of course, any oppressed group of people anywhere in the world will eventually resort to crime as a way out of their situation; for example, the gypsies, the Chechen Muslims, Koreans in Japan, etc., are all good examples of this...

Whites also fail to (or refuse to) recognize the dual problems of white privilege and white racism endemic in Western societies. This angers many blacks and other minorities resulting in increased racial tension. On the other hand, many blacks blame all of the problems of crime and poverty on white people neglecting to admit that their own culture has had a negative effect on the minds of black people everywhere in the world. As a result, blacks often do not take responsibility for the actions of their community, resulting in poor work ethics and low test scores among black youths in the country . Blacks grow up angry and resentful, and sometimes this results in violence towards Whites, Asians, and other more 'successful' groups in the country. Many good, hard-working Blacks are often unfairly identified with ghetto Blacks resulting in discrimination in jobs, housing, and other areas. This creates further tension. And as you can see, nothing gets solved as a result of this continuous cycle.

Honestly, I don't think race relations will ever be fully healed in this country and all I see is continuous racial strife far into the future; and I haven't even mentioned the other problems plaguing this country, such as the number of undocumented illegal Aliens flooding into the country, uncontrolled legal and illegal immigration, and ethnic tensions involving minority groups fighting amongst each other for turf and political power. As a result, I don't see a very bright future for the United States to be honest.
FreeYourMind
Freshman Poster

Post by FreeYourMind »

Whites get abused plenty in the U.S. by police. Young, old, handicapped, women, too many cops regard citizens as enemies. Check some of the police brutality videos on Youtube and you'll see how often whites get the crap kicked out of them or are tased on the flimiest of pretexts.

There is also no "white privilege." Cut me a break. If this was a "white supremacist" country, why then is immigration policy geared toward non-whites? Why is there affirmative action? Why are white men constantly mocked and portrayed as wimps and buffoons in the media? Why is it an instant kiss of death for a politician or celebrity to say anything that can be construed as pro-white? Every group is encouraged to celebrate their heritage but for whites to do so has practically been criminalized.

The vast majority of White Americans have no "privilege." A good chunk of them are poor, and a lot of ones in the middle class are fast joining them. I don't think minorities have it easy either. But blacks target whites and asians a lot when it comes to crime, and a disproportionate amount of crime in general is committed by blacks. Feminism and the welfare state has greatly aggravated the problems of urban blacks but it's only basic common sense for whites to be wary of young black males.

The only "privilege" is held by the 1%. No one else has any, and for average people of whatever racial background to have grievances against other races rather than the elites who keep the races divided and conquered, is exactly what the elites want.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on October 27th, 2016, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkMinxMish
Freshman Poster

Post by DarkMinxMish »

The Trayvon case was a tragedy all around and I feel for the family, but there are other high profile racial cases that could be used as examples that aren't being discussed in the news. Like the muslim lady who was murdered or this black elderly man that was intentionally killed by the police in New York on what was suppose to be a medical emergency call, not a criminal one. The facts for these cases were far more clearer, but they don't represent them in the media.

Trayvon's case has been taken and used as a beacon even when the story is distorted a bit on both sides. Al Sharpton is a big mouth that needs to shut up, because he lost actual legitimacy a while ago. He's nothing more then a instigator and race baiter for the camera at this point. Showing up for causes he never actually helps. The man Zimmerman should get some time though, because he shot a teen in the head when he could have shot to scare or maim Trayvon in the arm; if any incident did actually occur between them that caused him to FEAR for his life.

I highly doubt he had to kill him and I think Zimmerman is just a gun ho vigilante who saw a black kid and got scared/excited. Now if Trayvon was trying to mug him still the older man still had a weapon, so he shouldn't have had to even go there with the teen.
Either way though that man killed a boy unnecessarily and should serve some time to give the family closure.

The racial tension in this country is just festering. It never went away and it's only getting worst I think, because of the economy and resources. People are scared, stressed, and ever since 2001 the U.S has fed this xenophobic monster that attacks anyone who stands out and is different. People don't take the time to understand one another and they've gotten clannish and suspicious of each other. The atmosphere in this country is horrible...I want to be able to say it'll get better, but I think things will have to boil over and matters have to be addressed before things will change.
Pricking up her golden head:
We must not look at goblin men,
We must not buy their fruits:
Who knows upon what soil they fed
Their hungry thirsty roots?"