reddit?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

reddit?

Post by fschmidt »

Could someone please explain to me what is the appeal of reddit? The design seems horrible to me. When you respond to a thread, it doesn't move to the top, so why even bother responding? The UI sucks. So why do people use this site?
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: reddit?

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I don't know why they use it. I certainly don't. All I know is, it is hugely popular for some weird reason which is why I would suggest you to give it a try, if recruiting men for your co-alpha society is still something you are interested in. Even in a sea of shit you should still be able to find a few pearls worth keeping.

Reddit's only appeal is it's popularity.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

fschmidt wrote:Could someone please explain to me what is the appeal of reddit? The design seems horrible to me. When you respond to a thread, it doesn't move to the top, so why even bother responding? The UI sucks. So why do people use this site?
I think it is because Reddit is operating almost without moderation, without editing and deleting.

Most men are angry as many of their non-PC comments are plainly erased by some bigot-forum-moderator.

Often pro-feminist websites complain about Reddit considering parts of it as hate-speech etc. etc.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

It looks to me like each forum (subreddit) has moderators, so I don't see why the moderation would be any different from any other forum.

I was actually looking at reddit for business reasons, not for recruiting.

The only explanation I have for the success of reddit is that it is designed to prevent substance and quality, both of which members of modern culture are allergic to. This seems to be the pattern for all successful content sites. All are pure crap. Any hint of substance or quality would drive users away. This applies equally to the Left and Right, to feminists, MGTOW, or any other group in modern culture.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

There's some great stuff on reddit. I'm not sure about using it for HA related niches, but there's some good IT stuff on there sometimes.

I used to be a great fan of 4chan for a while, that's fairly similar(ish).

Both sites have such big readerships it's kind of fun to read a thread and realise one of the posters lives a few streets away from you.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

xiongmao wrote:There's some great stuff on reddit.
link?