Marissa Mayer: Yahoo's new CEO. Can women be good leaders?

Discussions computers, internet and mobile technology (cell phones, smart phones, iPads).
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

As Yahoo's CEO, only her performance and company revenue will define her success -- or failure. As a shareholder you'd want a CEO who will increase company revenue regardless of gender.

She is not the first female Yahoo CEO. Carol Bartz did a great job at Autodesk, but fared poorly as CEO of Yahoo. It remains to be seen how well the new CEO will perform.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Has anyone here who uses Yahoo Mail noticed that the new Yahoo Mail, which was forced onto all Yahoo users, SUCKS MAJORLY? It is really slow, hangs a lot and takes a long time to send emails and open emails. Definitely a devolution, a change for the worse. Mine also keeps opening up Yahoo Messenger as I'm typing emails for some reason, which I keep having to log out of and close. Annoying as hell.

I'm not surprised everyone else hates it as well. See these links below:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 403AAU9Xpv
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/inde ... 808AAoxB2P
http://www.webpronews.com/yahoo-mail-cl ... ve-2013-06
http://www.techtip.org/the-new-yahoo-mail-sucks/
https://www.google.com/#q=new+yahoo+mail+sucks

Ha! Even Yahoo's own employees refuse to use the new Yahoo Mail, which speaks volumes!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -mail.html

Yahoo's CEO, Marissa Mayers, who is responsible for this, seems clueless. Why doesn't she try using it herself? Duh. Here is an article about how clueless Mayers is about this change for the worse in Yahoo Mail, which all users are vehemently opposed to.

http://nypost.com/2013/11/11/yahoo-user ... il-change/

I guess this just goes to show that women CEO's tend to make bad leaders. What was Yahoo thinking? All Yahoo has to do is study basic history. Women are not natural born leaders. Very very few women in history have been good leaders. Sorry to all the politically correct liberals out there, but that's the truth.

There has never been a great female general that has won great battles against all odds, such as Napoleon's masterful victory at the Battle of Austerlitz. Or Alexander the Great's epic victory at the Battle of Gautemala against a Persian army 4 or 5 times the size of his. Women just aren't good at that sort of thing. In fact, they tend to screw up in military strategy.

For example, Queen Cleopatra, the last Pharaoh of Egypt, screwed up her lover Marc Anthony's battle strategy at the Battle of Actium against Caesar Augustus, by giving him bad advice. She persuaded him to fight the battle by sea instead of by land, as his officers wanted. By listening to her, he lost that crucial and pivotal battle. If he had listened to his officers instead, he might have won that battle. So much for female advice on military strategy.

How do feminists and liberals explain this? They can't. They are totally out of touch with reality and logic. All they care about is their hatred for men, and all they see everywhere is the word "misogyny" in everything, which they use as a broad brush to smear everything and everyone they don't like. But it's mostly all in their delusional twisted hate-filled heads.

Anyway, women especially don't make good leaders of internet companies. Working with computers and internet require a lot of logic and analytical decision making skills, as well as great vision. Women are not usually good at logic and in fact tend to hate logic. That's why they overwhelmingly hate chess and don't do as well in math. In fact, generally speaking, men score HIGHER on IQ tests than women do. How do liberals and feminists explain that? They can't.

I've never understood why it is that in America, you are only allowed to say that women are smarter than men, but you can't say that men are smarter than women? Why does America consider women to be smarter than men? On what basis? There seems to be none. If women are smarter than men, then why do men tend to score higher on IQ tests than women? How come there are no female equivalents of Einstein, Leonardo DaVinci, or Mozart?

Therefore, this "women are smarter than men" rule seems to be a religious doctrine in America that's treated as a given, without any justification or logic. Kind of like how Christians claim that the Bible is God's word and absolutely inerrant, as a given, without logical justification. Their only rationale is that "if everyone says it, it must be true, no matter how nonsensical".

Such bizarre beliefs seem to be a religion in America without any logical justification. Bad beliefs like this have brought led to social decay and down empires as great as the Roman Empire. I wish America would heed this history lesson.

The truth is, men and women are different. They are smart in different ways and good at different things. Women are smarter at certain things like fashion, interior design, cooking, raising babies, etc. No one doubts that. But that doesn't make them good leaders of companies, countries, governments, militaries, or even scouting parties.

Men are more logical, while women are more intuitive. Men are natural conquerors, pioneers and explorers, while women are better nurturers. Everyone knows that. It takes a lot of logic to be a good leader, not just intuition. Nurturers do not tend to make good leaders. America and its liberals fail to realize this or are in denial.

So I don't know why Hollywood tries to portray women as leaders nowadays in its movies. Is Hollywood that stupid, or are they trying to turn everything upside down as part of a nefarious agenda? In the last Snow White movie, for example, they had Kristen Stewart lead a military raid on a castle, which was stupid, insulting, unfeminine, nonsensical and out of character for Snow White.

Here's my pet peeve about this: If women aren't natural born leaders, then why is it that in America, a husband has to call his wife "The Boss"? It's as if women are the head of the household in America now. Wtf? How can that be, when they are nurturers, not natural born leaders?

Moreover, if women are not smarter than men, as the liberal feminist myth claims, then why are they "The Boss"? Shouldn't a boss or head of household be smarter and wiser than the rest of the household? It doesn't make any sense at all. Stuff like this can only mean that America is majorly F-ed up big time.

Anyway, sorry for the long rant and grip against liberalism and feminism. I'm just so fed up with how illogical, hypocritical, warped, unnatural, toxic and destructive their ideologies are. They are clearly bringing America down into a moral decay, and are trying to bring down other countries as well, which has got to be stopped.
Last edited by Winston on April 2nd, 2014, 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Check out this image of Marissa Mayer. Doesn't she look like a brave, courageous, wise leader with passion and vision? LOL. Or does she look like a creature whose femininity has been inverted and twisted, like Hillary Clinton does? LOL

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Marissa Mayer: Yahoo's new CEO. Can women be good leader

Post by Winston »

Marissa Mayer is being sued for illegally terminating male employees to try to create an all female workforce at Yahoo. No wonder Yahoo is going down the tubes. Why would she do this?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/06/y ... t-charges/

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The "billionaire" Elizabeth Holmes, CEO of Theranos is now being racked thru the coals in the press. Just last year, she was held up as the 32 y/o wonderkund who was making waves in STEM leadership. Now she is likely to be indicted and her net worth will be $0 after her investers are paid.

Women can be leaders, but it does not help when the media promotes incompetent women as noteworthy.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:The "billionaire" Elizabeth Holmes, CEO of Theranos is now being racked thru the coals in the press. Just last year, she was held up as the 32 y/o wonderkund who was making waves in STEM leadership. Now she is likely to be indicted and her net worth will be $0 after her investers are paid.

Women can be leaders, but it does not help when the media promotes incompetent women as noteworthy.
Does someone, somewhere have a nice large database of all those collected blood samples?
Will we be seeing some new and horrible retroviruses soon?
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What do you guys think of Oprah or Martha Stewart? Are they great entrepreneurs or did they just get lucky? Are they smarter or brighter than other women?

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Marissa Mayer: Yahoo's new CEO. Can women be good leaders?

Post by Winston »

Does marissa mayer have any qualifications or accomplishments? What qualified her to be CEO of an internet company?

If she sucks why doesn't the shareholders of Yahoo and chairman of the board fire her and can her ass? What are they waiting for? Even steve jobs was fired at one point from his own company so why can't she?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 9th, 2016, 7:09 am
The "billionaire" Elizabeth Holmes, CEO of Theranos is now being racked thru the coals in the press. Just last year, she was held up as the 32 y/o wonderkund who was making waves in STEM leadership. Now she is likely to be indicted and her net worth will be $0 after her investers are paid.

I started a new topic about her. See here:

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=42059

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Winston wrote:
November 17th, 2017, 12:20 am
What do you guys think of Oprah or Martha Stewart?
They were useful to the elite and appealed to morons in some ways.