Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to our new forum! Here are some new features.

Post by Winston »

Attention Everyone:

I've just uploaded all the avatars from the old forum onto our server into a zipped file. Here is the download link to it. If you need the file image of your avatar, then download the zipped file below and unzip it. After unzipping, you will see a folder containing all the avatar images. Find yours and reupload it. Thanks for your attention and sorry for the inconvenience.

http://www.happierabroad.com/avatars.zip
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Welcome to the new upgraded forum! Some new features.

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:A lot of features are still disabled.

Please turn on BBCode.
When I edit your posts, I see that you have BB codes and smilies turned off below your post form. For some reason, they seem to be off by default for you. Go to your UCP panel and turn them on. It's linked at the top left of the forum under the logo and is called the User Control Panel.
Still not working, for some reason in just this announcements section. Works fine in other sections.
Ok I figured out what happened. For some reason, the forum permissions on the Announcements board was set so that bbcode and smilies were not allowed by standard users. I don't know why. But I fixed the permissions so they should work now. Try quoting something in this board or adding smilies and bbcode.

This forum involves lots of permissions settings for boards, users and roles. It's very complicated. Now you see why I was reluctant to upgrade to this.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

WINSTON When are you going to put the Happier Abroad logo at this link? Image
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:WINSTON When are you going to put the Happier Abroad logo at this link? Image
As soon as I get to it of course. I have that in mind.

Why? Does that logo bother you? lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Winston wrote:
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:WINSTON When are you going to put the Happier Abroad logo at this link? Image

Ok I've placed the HappierAbroad logo there, but it looks kind of tacky. I'll see if Eurobrat can design one for us that looks better there.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

I've changed the color theme of this forum to something similar to what we had on the old forum. The default colors of this new theme were kind of too blue and too bright. Jamesbond and Mr S were complaining about it too.

So I changed it to something easier on the eyes. I used the dark blue color from the old forum by fetching its html color code and re-colorizing this theme with it using the colorize panel. When I did that, the other colors were automatically tuned to match it. So the background is not so baby blue now either.

What do you all think? Do you like these colors better?

Jamesbond, is this better now?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New feature:

In this new version of the forum, you can change your vote later after you cast it, whereas you could not do that in the old forum. You can also change your vote in previous polls you voted in as well. To change your vote, just select a different option in the poll results and hit Submit.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
Winston wrote:

Ok I've placed the HappierAbroad logo there, but it looks kind of tacky. I'll see if Eurobrat can design one for us that looks better there.
What are the maximum dimensions allowed and I will design one.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote: Ok I've placed the HappierAbroad logo there, but it looks kind of tacky. I'll see if Eurobrat can design one for us that looks better there.
I'm not sure. At this point, the maximum dimensions are what you see in the top left corner. If the image is bigger then it is automatically shrunk to that size. However the dimensions may be altered. I'd have to do some research on that.

Or, the entire header of the forum could be changed into a graphic as well, kind of like it is in the phpbb support forum. Have a look:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:
eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote: Ok I've placed the HappierAbroad logo there, but it looks kind of tacky. I'll see if Eurobrat can design one for us that looks better there.
I'm not sure. At this point, the maximum dimensions are what you see in the top left corner. If the image is bigger then it is automatically shrunk to that size. However the dimensions may be altered. I'd have to do some research on that.

Or, the entire header of the forum could be changed into a graphic as well, kind of like it is in the phpbb support forum. Have a look:

https://www.phpbb.com/community/index.php
Here is is 160 height by 850 width I measured.

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Wait here's a better one with modern rounded corners

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:Wait here's a better one with modern rounded corners

What? It doesn't show the whole "Happier Abroad", only some of the letters. That would look strange. Why not just use that image and put "HA" in it if the two words can't fit? Or just have "HA" and a globe somewhere around it?

eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Winston wrote:

What? It doesn't show the whole "Happier Abroad", only some of the letters. That would look strange. Why not just use that image and put "HA" in it if the two words can't fit? Or just have "HA" and a globe somewhere around it?
What are you talking about, it has the whole introduction to the forum. To a new forum member this will peak interests. I'm a world class marketeer who has had several decent jobs in different countries, I know what I'm talking about.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

eurobrat wrote:
Winston wrote:

What are you talking about, it has the whole introduction to the forum. To a new forum member this will peak interests. I'm a world class marketeer who has had several decent jobs in different countries, I know what I'm talking about.
Ok we can try it. I wonder if anyone will complain though. lol

Why not just have a logo with just an H and A in it and maybe a globe behind it?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New subforum feature:

Just to let you all know, we can create subforums in this forum now. They would be forums under the boards we have now. Not sure if they are necessary though. But it's something to keep in mind.