Attn: Please SAVE your posts during our migration to Bluehost

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
Winston
Site Admin

Attn: Please SAVE your posts during our migration to Bluehost

Post by Winston »

Hi all,

In the next two days during our migration to Bluehost (until I let you know that the migration is complete) please SAVE all the new forum posts that you post in an offline file such as Notepad or MS Word so they don't get lost.

The reason is because during the migration, this entire site and forum will be copied to Bluehost's servers. This means that a copy will still remain on Godaddy's servers, until the domain name's DNS is pointed to Bluehost.

So if you post something in the forum, and it goes into the version on Godaddy's servers, and then the domain name DNS gets pointed to Bluehost servers, your post may be lost if it is posted AFTER the migration is done, but BEFORE the domain name DNS gets re-routed.

You see what I mean?

So just in case, in the next two days, please save all your posts offline in Notepad or Word. That way, if it gets lost, you can simply repost it by copying and pasting.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Attention:

I've just been told by Bluehost support that the migration has just begun. Please SAVE all your new posts that you are writing and submitting in an offline file starting NOW until I tell you that it's done. I'm not sure how long the migration will take.

If you don't, the posts may be gone if they were submitted after the forum database has been migrated over. If that happens, you can just repost them, as long as you saved them first.

Thanks for your attention.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Wait. Scratch my last post about saving your posts.

I have a better idea. After the migration, before I change the nameservers of this site to Bluehost, I'll just lock this forum so no posts can be made. Then I'll change the nameservers and back up and download the database of the forum and then upload it to the new hosting server at Bluehost. That way, the forum will be locked from posting until the migration and nameservers are complete.

I will place a message at the top of the forum when it is locked to explain what's going on.

However, after I change the nameserver, I'm not sure if the re-routing to Bluehost servers will be immediate or take a few days. I'll have to ask about that.

Man this is so complicated and confusing.