I'm calling for a two week hiatus on racial topics

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

I'm calling for a two week hiatus on racial topics

Post by zboy1 »

In order to get the forum straightened-out, I'm calling for a two-week hiatus on any race-related topic. I know some people have been bitching and whining about it to me (like a little P.C. wussy) and calling everyone on this forum a racist-including me, so I've decided I will erase any thread or post related to topic of race for the next two weeks. I'm sorry if some people have been offended by some of things written on here...

I think this will help cool down all the racial tensions that have been building-up over the year on this forum. I want to bring back some of the valued people we have lost due to the constant bickering that have turned some people off from this website. Please understand this is only temporary. And, I hope Winston understands and doesn't decide to overturn this decision and punish me because of it. He's always stressing "freedom of speech" on this forum as I have, but I guess some people on here don't want that--and want it curtailed..?
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@Zboy1,

I don't like it, but I respect your disposition. I shall wait with patience; two weeks vote in for me. :-)
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Why just 2 weeks? Why not 6 months?
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:Why just 2 weeks? Why not 6 months?
Would you like to see it extended to 6 months, Contrarian? I'm sure Kai, Chad, and SilverEnergy would love that--especially coming from you, LOL!
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

zboy1 wrote:
Would you like to see it extended to 6 months, Contrarian? I'm sure Kai, Chad, and SilverEnergy would love that--especially coming from you, LOL!
I actually do not care about it anymore, but I do appreciate Contraian's gesture if he was not being snide about it. I figure I would help DJfourmoney with his initiative instead and perhaps write a couple guides if I can squeeze in the time. I will send you a PM zboy1 for a sticky request maybe this week or next week.
Chad114
Freshman Poster

Post by Chad114 »

zboy1 wrote:
This is typical. for however long black people have been allowed to be disparaged on this board. Called dumb, violent , smelly...the minute some of us respond, there's a ban on put race topics. It's not tough to see who you cater to. The ban is really against a black codified response to the racist white supremacists here.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

zboy1 wrote:
My thing is that I would rather read and post about life abroad or how it sucks in my home country. If guys can't get past race as a complaint, it probably means that their problem is likely something else, stupidity or a sucka** attitude.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I once picked up a pamphlet by Hari Krishnas on the NY subway. It stated that perhaps the biggest madness of mankind was people's excessive self-association with their temporary bodies. I fully agree.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I just banned SilverEnergy for breaking the rule today. I said no more racial topics for two weeks--and he did not listen or care...
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

ladislav wrote:I once picked up a pamphlet by Hari Krishnas on the NY subway. It stated that perhaps the biggest madness of mankind was people's excessive self-association with their temporary bodies. I fully agree.
I've sat in on Hare Khrisna gatherings a few times. I get what they say. One thing that has stuck with me is, they explained our body is like a vessel we travel in, that's why we say "my body" "my finger" etc, in the same way we say 'my car'. Just as we use a car to move around in we use this body to move around in too. It isn't so far fetched actually; just as we upgrade cars we can modify our bodies too with plastic sugery, but who we are, the consiousness remains the same.

Interesting concept indeed.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote: My thing is that I would rather read and post about life abroad or how it sucks in my home country. If guys can't get past race as a complaint, it probably means that their problem is likely something else, stupidity or a sucka** attitude.
This.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

People have been disobeying the ban on racial topics on this forum, so I'm going to have keep reminding people to lay off on the subject until the two weeks have passed.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Haha, this forum is turning into a mini-police state. Just extend the ban permanently. We know Winston won't give a shit, he lets the racial profilers post whatever the hell they want!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Racial topics here, afaik, originally were meant to:

1) clarify and squash the arbitrary apartheidal US ( or Anglo) racial terminology, its incorrect and unfair ways of classifying and dividing Americans ( Canadians, etc) and helping people break those shackles by telling them to step out of those by self-internationalizing and self-multinationalizing. Tell them not to succumb to the evil caste structure based on appearance.
2) provide advice and support to those who are still reeling from under the effect of this unjust and divisive system.
3) identify places in the world where one's physical body will be accepted and even be an advantage. Helping people to relocate there permanently or long term and live happy lives free from the memories of the US ( or other) apartheid and its ill treatment.
4) Help them heal, teach them to stop hating other groups as revenge or whatever, and move on. Help them extinguish the hurt within.
5) Warn them of places where they should not go because of the way they look and giving them alternatives.

For example, my last trip to Jamaica has removed decades of programming, fear and grudges. I am a changed man now. I made more friends there in one week than I made on one year here in Akron. Yeah,mon!

I don't think that section was meant for haters to suddenly appear and heap filth on people ( usually fellow-Americans) by again grouping them into categories and doing it without any intent of helping them self-internationalize or self- multinationalize. What is the purpose? Why are they even here? Are they about to travel or help other people travel and offer residence alternatives?

So, my suggestion is this- watch racial topics and only allow those which directly lead to being liberated through adding other countries or relocating. But if you have Stormfront people here or some other nationalists spread hatred to people who happen to be wearing bodies of certain physical characteristics and not offering any suggestions as to how improve their lives, then these posts and these people should go to some other forums and find support there. Some are here to find support and guidance, some to vent and then, find guidance and advice. Some are here to warn where not to go and tell people where to go. I don't think someone should be here to spew hatred that does not lead to being happier abroad.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

ladislav wrote:For example, my last trip to Jamaica has removed decades of programming, fear and grudges. I am a changed man now. I made more friends there in one week than I made on one year here in Akron. Yeah,mon!
WTF was wrong with you man?

I'm more than willing to make friends, however until then all are guilty until proven innocent. I'm not even a racist! I just hate humankind for all the dumb stuff it has collectively done throughout its history. You get hurt less that way. :lol: