The new Ladies Forum is now up and running!

Announcements and site updates.
Forum rules
Welcome. If you are new here, please read the Forum Rules.
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

BellaRuth wrote:
AmericanInMexico wrote:Winston, you're about the biggest idiot in the entire world. The very reason why you created this site in the first place is because of how bad Anglosphere women are and yet here you are bowing down to them. How much sense does that make?

Don't be fooled by BellaRuth's little nice girl act. Just like all Anglosphere women, if I ran into her down here in Mexico she would be the first to call me a "creep" simply because I prefer approachable and feminine women. She would call me a chauvinist for refusing to date fat women, single mothers, or women who have tattoos. She on the other hand would demand a perfect Greek-godlike 6'4 man with lots of muscles and a big penis.

This was the stupidest thing you could have ever done.
Winston just directed me to this.

To be frank, AmericanInMexico, I don't think it actually matters what you think I am 'really' like, so there's no point in me telling you if your opinion is true or not.

I'm finding it hard not to smile a little, though, and I think anyone who has spoken to me in the past will know why. Maybe that's because it's accurate, maybe the opposite. What difference does it make? You don't want to talk to me, and I don't want to be on the main forums, so it's irrelevant.

(I also didn't realise I was coming across as a nice girl, I thought I was coming across as quite strict and nerdy, so I'll gladly take that compliment.)

All that needs to be said is this:

- The female members didn't ask for a seperate forum, it was suggested by a male member. I haven't visited the forum for a good couple of years and have been brought back for this.

- Winston seems to like the idea of his own accord and has spent time and effort creating it, so I think it would be very rude of me to not try and participate as one of the past female members.

- If you don't want to interact with female members, this forum should be a blessing for you as we are more likely to go there than the main forums.

- As I've pointed out before, the main Happier Abroad forum isn't actually a male-only forum (until you get under the surface). I believe it should be specifically and clearly a male-only forum to make members like you more comfortable, reduce friction and confusion, and attract more suitable members. Maybe you should talk to Winston about this, as I have.
She has a point AIM. TBH, if I'm not looking at her username, I would think she is a man from her postings and logic.

I support this forum should be clearly made men only to avoid confusion and though I don't advocate creating a female members forum, I could live ignoring the fact it existed and focus only here.
Johnny1975
Experienced Poster

Post by Johnny1975 »

The arguments and bitchiness have already begun, and the forum has barely been up and running for 24 hours. I knew this would happen.

I would advise everyone to stop arguing about the ladies forum. It's pointless, and a complete waste of energy. The only thing anyone will get out of it is the satisfaction of giving an opinion, but that opinion is wasted. Instead, go and join it. Let's see how it works out. I still don't think it's the greatest idea but sometimes crazy ideas end up working out.

And let's get some women on it! Come on Winston, contact the female members here, and maybe some women that you've met on your travels. Personally I think that forum could be good if there are lots of actual foreign women there.

And guys, stop acting like idiots, you're making a really bad impression on any female lurkers. Pull your socks up. Go and join the forum and give it a chance. And let's have some constructive ideas to make it better. Try to imagine what that forum could be like.

For example, here's an idea : Contact foreign women on dating sites and ask them to join.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Re: We are all fuc.ked

Post by C.J. »

Johnny1975 wrote:
jboy wrote:Yes we are lol.

Am outta here, this place has degenerated to another feminist sh!thole.
Don't go. I need you.
Bromance is the romance! ^_^

I don't know why anyone would complain. First off, the only reminder I've seen of a woman's forum was a link at the top. Then due to my supernaturally non-existant ADHD, I ignore it and go somewhere else. :D Plus it's a separate forum. Not a board section, ITS OWN SEPARATE FORUM. That you don't have to look at. At all.

Bout the only time a slap from a nigga would be justified. :D
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

LOL @ the Bromance :mrgreen:

Anyway I posted a Trip Report for Venezuela with pics on the shiny new forum, but it looks like I'll be talking to myself over there for ahwile,
where are all the HA ladies at :?
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I wish Winston would spend some of his millions and get the decorators in - that women's forum looks like it was built in 1970. Even the Nana hotel in Bangkok looks more modern.

I think women are interested in being Happier Abroad, but no way to the same extent as men.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:The poll results are 20-9 in favor of no women's board. Does this matter or am I missing something? Is nothing sacred? Is it still possible to have men's only clubs?
Well now more than ever it will be like a Men's only club ... It is by default now a Men's Forum actually, ... due to the Ladies Forum ! :shock: ... Winston you sneaky pete! lol .... so when women come they will be directed to or end up on the women's forum.
I guess I'll be leaving the Frat house too :(
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
jboy
Freshman Poster

Post by jboy »

Renata wrote:LOL @ the Bromance :mrgreen:

Anyway I posted a Trip Report for Venezuela with pics on the shiny new forum, but it looks like I'll be talking to myself over there for ahwile,
Lol! Next thing we know, we'll have cheesy jboy-johnny1975 saga. Its been months in the making lol.

Hey missy! That's not fair of u to hold on to ur Venezuela report until there is a ladies forum! Now I have to swallow my pride, dress up as a girl and go undercover at ur forum to view it. Watch out for Jgirl lol.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

I'm very late at adding my opinion to this thread but better late than never.

I haven't even voted but it seems silly to create a whole forum for a tiny handful of active contributors. In the past, we talked about creating special sections for Asians or blacks which eventually got ruled out for practicality. Creating a separate forum is even more impractical. The whole of Happier Abroad probably has less than 20 active contributors at any given time. It's way to small for intentional fragmentation. So I will be very surprised if it thrives or even survives very long. Only chance is there is a latent market I didn't realize existed within current HA readership.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Rock wrote:

I'm very late at adding my opinion to this thread but better late than never.

I haven't even voted but it seems silly to create a whole forum for a tiny handful of active contributors. In the past, we talked about creating special sections for Asians or blacks which eventually got ruled out for practicality. Creating a separate forum is even more impractical. The whole of Happier Abroad probably has less than 20 active contributors at any given time. It's way to small for intentional fragmentation. So I will be very surprised if it thrives or even survives very long. Only chance is there is a latent market I didn't realize existed within current HA readership.
Well Rock, there are some very sensible reasons for creating it. Here is an outline of them:
http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforu ... hp?f=3&t=2

I sent it to you by email too. Did you read them? Also, we now have 14 registered members there, so that's not a bad start at all. I know of many other females that expressed interest in it, but haven't had time to post yet.

Look at it this way: Everyday about 3,000 people visit this forum. Out of that, 2,000 are new from search engines. That gives this forum a fairly good amount of traffic. Some of these posters could be women and may agree with us, but do not post because there is too much women bashing here. Put yourself in their shoes. Would you want to register on a forum where males are bashed intensely?

This is the only way to help remove some of the barriers that alienate 50 percent of the population from this forum. And that's a lot.

Also, some of our lurkers are females who agree with us but never posted due to all the women bashing on here. Here is an example of a female lurker who introduced herself on there and said just that:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforu ... p?f=2&t=13

And also Rock, I've been good at starting online communities in the past, and have done it twice already (SCEPCOP forum is the other one I started), so have faith in me. :) Everything comes in threes, it seems to be a magic number. :)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Post by PeterAndrewNolan »

Cornfed wrote:It is odd that the owners of non-PC forums always succumb to some form of manginism in the end. Perhaps the PTB have some kind of mangina-ray at their disposal.
Not ALL of us have succumbed.....but on a different note...I think creating a separate womens forum is actually a good idea....I created separate womens CAF sites....and the registration of women is 10% that of men.....which is about normal..women think 10% of the work entitles them to 90% of the proceeds! LOL!
Feel free to check out my blog:Click ME!
PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Hi Winston,
my opinion is that you are going something quite reasonable by giving women their own space to talk in. I think women in this forum is a joke and they should be banned from even talking in this forum. All that happens when women talk here is they stir up trouble for themselves and then claim "victim status" when they don't like being treated like they deserve to be treated.

After all? There is still not ONE woman of note in the ENTIRE ENGLISH SPEAKING WESTERN WORLD who will stand up in her OWN NAME IN PUBLIC and say that women must be treated as equal to men for their oaths, signatures on contracts, and crimes AND is willing to sit on an all womens jury in an all womens court to make that so.

NOT EVEN ONE!!!

And women say "why do you men talk to us so badly"?!?!? Well? How about your claims of EQUALITY you have been making for FORTY YEARS while NOT EVEN ONE OF YOU will say "EQUALITY BEFORE THE LAW...SAME CRIME SAME PUNISHMENT".

How can ANYONE take ANY western woman seriously? Geeeezzzz. How hard is THAT to figure out?!?!?!

But the women REFUSE to even acknowledge this FACT!!!!

It is SO BAD that now that I have even claimed into existence a STATE OF WAR in Ireland and guaranteed that any man who commits an ACT OF WAR against a woman of voting age who is mentally competent and no muslim will be release from any possible incarceration at the end of hostilities and EVEN THEN women will not come to the table to talk about EQUALITY BEFORE THE LAW.

So perhaps the women who see this post would like to copy this video link across and discuss among themselves how they have TOTALLY DESTROYED THEIR PERSONAL CREDIBILITY BY NOT ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE WHEN TOLD ABOUT IT?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yHbVOtYJpc
[/youtube]
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi folks,
The ladies forum has finally been restored:

http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforum/index.php

It was down for over a week. After my site migrated to an upgraded server, the database for the ladies forum disappeared mysteriously. So much for their new and improved servers. It took Godaddy hosting support a week to find it and get it back after giving me the initial run around. Then it would not even restore for some reason. I could not import it properly. When Godaddy hosting support finally imported it, the forum did not recognize the database. No one could figure out why. It was so weird.

Then, finally, after trying the restore function in my database manager and selecting the restored database, it finally restored the forum. For some reason, the database manager worked better than using phpmyadmin.

I guess databases can go down for the smallest reasons, even ones so small that you can't even see them. And I would presume that Godaddy's hosting servers must also have a ton of bugs as well. No wonder everyone says they are the worst for web hosting.

Thanks,
Winston
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Hi all,
Ever since the Ladies Forum has been restored after it went down from Godaddy's server problems, the traffic on it has not returned. So it's remained inactive. I also don't have the time or energy to promote it or create content on it.

So here's my plan. I'm going to follow some of you guys' suggestion and try to find a foreign woman to run it. It would have to be a capable foreign woman who would be able to bring in at least 10 other foreign women to participate regularly, to make it grow and stay active.

In exchange, I would have to offer her some incentives of course. So I would offer to put the Google banner ads on the forum in her name, so she can earn an income stream from it. And she would be allowed to place affiliate ads to make commissions on it as well. Another benefit for her is that since HappierAbroad has a high search engine ranking in Google and Yahoo, the content produced there would get high rankings as well. So the content there would rank much higher than a forum that was started from scratch under a new domain name.

In addition, if she were to bring in a group of foreign women posting there, then that would give you guys an incentive to participate in language/culture exchange with them as well, or in Q&A sessions with them. That's what some of you said you wanted. Remember you guys said that you preferred that the Ladies Forum be run by foreign women rather than Western women who want to go abroad.

This would be sort of an internet business opportunity for them, one that they could control and grow. The only problem is finding the right foreign woman to do this.

Do any of you know any potential candidates? Or shall I place a business opportunity ad somewhere on a freelancing site like Odesk or Elance?

I know some foreign girls but I don't know how capable they would be at this. Maybe I should ask that Ukrainian girl I met in Vegas if she'd be interested. Her English is very good and she is very open minded and curious. But I don't know if she would be able to get 10 foreign girls to participate on a regular basis.

Btw, if you are a foreign woman and interested in this opportunity, then please PM me.

Thanks,
Winston

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I just installed a mobile theme in the Ladies Forum. Check it out.

http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforu ... ile=mobile

PeterAndrewNolan
Experienced Poster

Winston wrote:I just installed a mobile theme in the Ladies Forum. Check it out.

http://www.happierabroad.com/ladiesforu ... ile=mobile
Notice how quiet it is...women will not talk among themselves...they want to attention whore to men.

On my CAF forums? The womens only forums have been available for TWO YEARS and there is not ONE POST by a woman! LOL!!

Meanwhile? We are getting massive hit counts on CAF for men.....I have to check how we did this month...but I think we will be close to 200,000 page views. We were at 114K page views on 19th.....