Wise and Witty Quotes

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Wise and Witty Quotes

Post by Winston »

Great quote from Joseph Campbell, the greatest mythology teacher of all time who inspired George Lucas to create Star Wars. It sums up the reason for HA too!

The full version of the quote is:

“People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. ... I think that what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonances with our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive.” - Joseph Campbell, The Power of Myth (PBS Interview with Bill Moyers)
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Fillip
Freshman Poster

Post by Fillip »

As you think, so shall you become.
Bruce Lee
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

LOL

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great quotes by Winston Churchill.

This one explains why we should not waste time arguing with idiots online (including in this forum, e.g. publicduende).

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great meme that explains one reason why we are misfits in America and similar conformist cultures.

This quote below by Einstein is wise and makes sense and supports my theory and observation too. Often what we think of as coincidences are later revealed to have a purpose after all. Many great spiritual seekers, teachers and authors come to realize this and have noted it in their books and lectures. Perhaps they are right after all in saying that there are no coincidences.

However, in a dualistic universe, both chaos and order must exist because they both define each other by their opposite. Plus no one, not even God, would want to play a game where the outcome was known from the beginning. Every game needs an element of risk, chance and uncertainty otherwise it's not worth playing. I'm sure the gods feel the same way. So it could be that chaos exists at the physical level, but at a higher dimension or level it does not. The universe can also be a paradox of being chaotic yet all be in divine order at the same time, just like everything can come from nothing (a void) which cosmologists now say is possible after all and can be demonstrated mathematically.

This Bible quote supports what I said long ago, that if you gain too much knowledge and wisdom, you will gain sorrow and loneliness too. Dumber people and dogs are usually happier and simpler than complex and knowledgeable people. Truth does not bring happiness, but usually the opposite.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great quote by Socrates about marriage. So true and funny. lol

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Antisthenes

The most useful piece of learning is to unlearn what is untrue.

Your enemies are the first to discover your mistakes.

Iron is consumed by rust; so are the envious by envy.
Last edited by Neo on June 19th, 2020, 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

The law is reason, free from passion.
Last edited by Neo on June 19th, 2020, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Misc

The most dangerous person on earth is a fake friend.

Life is a gift. Wake up every morning and realize it.

Remain silent among fools.

Hard times always reveal true friends.
Last edited by Neo on June 19th, 2020, 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

"I hadn’t seen any novel make the statement that entering the workforce was like entering the grave. That from then on, nothing happens and you have to pretend to be interested in your work. And, furthermore, that some people have a sex life and others don’t just because some are more attractive than others. I wanted to acknowledge that if people don’t have a sex life, it’s not for some moral reason, it’s just because they’re ugly. Once you’ve said it,
it sounds obvious, but I wanted to say it."
- Michel Houellebecq

More about Michel Houellebecq:

https://www.azquotes.com/author/6930-Mi ... lebecq?p=2

https://terrorhousemag.com/whatever/

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

So true. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Great quote by Mark Twain that all the trolls here should keep in mind.

https://academyofideas.com/2019/04/over ... er-people/

“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.” Wrote Mark Twain “Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.”

- Mark Twain

“Interactions with people are the major source of emotional turmoil, but it doesn’t have to be that way. The problem is that we are continually judging people, wishing they were something that they are not… We want them to think and act a certain way, most often the way we think and act. And because this is not possible, because everyone is different, we are continually frustrated and upset. Instead, see other people as phenomena, as neutral as comets or plants. They simply exist. . . Work with what they give you, instead of resisting and trying to change them. Make understanding people a fun game, the solving of puzzles. It is all part of the human comedy.”

- Robert Greene, The Laws of Human Nature

Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

"...focus on....important stuff, like helping others find a better life, self-improvement, useful topics, etc. This is a good test and challenge for you from the universe. If you can handle it, you will become a stronger character and learn to overcome those that annoy you or turn you off. It's a test of character. Every Christian goes through it. Life is full of challenges and obstacles to test your character..."

- Winston, hero founder happy aboard movement and leader bossman forum
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

"...higher powers exist that we don't understand. There are lots of examples and good reasons to believe that, which I can go into for hours and have in the past. Any devout Christian can also give you many examples that indicate a higher power exists. So can many New Agers. Your denial of it doesn't change the truth of it, neither does denying the Holocaust erase the event from history if it really occurred. Denial is not a valid argument, and just because you are ignorant of the evidence and examples, or choose to deny them or ignore them, doesn't mean they don't exist. We all know that..."

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

"Japanese people believe in karma and honor and obey their culture and customs and whatever moral laws it has. That's why Japanese are moral. They are not selfish and do not live for themselves. But Americans are different. They are selfish and live for themselves. They have to have a reason to be moral. Like religion. That's why religion is more important in America than Japan. Japan also has Zen and Shintoism too which teaches them to respect life, as well as their social culture. Japanese not individualists who are self serving. Americans are. So they are different and need different control systems. That's why government and cops in America have to be bullies and dicks, but cops in Japan do not."