The price of being a freethinking intellectual

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

The price of being a freethinking intellectual

Post by Winston »

If you wish to start down the path of becoming a freethinking intellectual, as we have, let me warn you first though, that it comes with consequences as well as benefits. (Though it may not be a conscious choice on your part, but rather a realization of what you already are) By becoming one, you will certainly have a richer inner life that others don't have, and you will be able to see and know things at a depth and level that common people can't. You will also attain the freedom to rise above the programming and conditioning of society, which the common person didn't even know existed. You will be able to see things the way they really are, rather than how you were programmed to.

However, you will find it hard to fit into social groups and circles, for deep down an intellectual does not like to "conform" to something, for conformity is the antithesis of freethought. Also, you will find yourself looking down on common people, who are usually conformists and follow the pack, as ignorant sheeple do, so you will not really feel like you belong or fit in with them. To you, common people will seem like zombies. Thus it will be hard for you to remain modest, as pride and snobbiness may become part of your disposition.

You may find yourself often estranged from others, engaging them merely for superficial greetings or socializing. This means that you will find few people in life who can truly relate to you. Even the ignorant can sense vibes on an instinctual level, and they will sense that you are somehow “different� than them, vibrating at a different frequency. However, since like attracts like, you will certainly find others like you from time to time, through circumstances and coincidences. But you will not be connecting with the majority.

In addition, being able to see things that others can't and know things that others don't, you will find yourself annoyed at flaws and discrepancies that others don't get hung up on. Sometimes "ignorance is bliss" after all. Others may perceive you as "anal retentive" for noticing imperfections that don't matter to them.

An expat friend of mine, also a freethinker, had this to say on my forum about the life of a freethinking intellectual:
http://www.happierabroad.com/phpBB2/vie ... 0&start=10

Why would the government want to properly educate the masses? They would lose their power in government cause then the average person would be able to see all their lies and fallacies. They realize a small percentage will break out of their matrix and they will either be ostracized from main society or they will be brought into the circle of power as one of their own.

To be able to break away from either of those labels takes a strong sense of purpose and some kind of divine intervention that was agreed upon before birth and intertwined into ones life. There are always people like this that break the mold, but society generally doesn't realize their greatness until they have departed the Earth plane. Individuals that are well ahead of whatever is going on in society are the ones that keep society moving forward, but are often ridiculed in the process of trying to make others see the light. Most people do not have the capability to visualize what the future will bring, or they do it wrong cause they interpret the future using their current preconceived notions of reality.

A true visionary sets themselves apart from the mainstream and isn't offended by brash comments upon their person.
That being said, if you seek to find an intellectual majority or population, your best chance, in my experience, would be in Europe, where knowledge, culture, education and broad-mindedness seem to be at the highest levels.
Last edited by Winston on January 9th, 2010, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

I dont think you pay the price

Post by Master »

Why would you want to go down the path of antisocial, loner, intellectual. When you can go down the path of the masses, the pack, the stupid and the resourceful. Loners, scatter and die out. The world is a perfect example of it as they are stupider and stupider. The life of the lone wolf isn’t for the world. You have to be superman. Superiority will kill you. It’s a lot better to live off the pack, get your p***y, food, and survive. Do you think of yourself as this?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well yeah. Being a freethinker has pluses and minuses, like I mentioned.

You have the ability to see truth rather than conditioning. I mean ignorance is bliss, but why would one choose to be stupid if one has a choice? Do you think that the protagonist in the movie "The Matrix" should have taken the blue pill and gone back to his programmed reality?

Sure it's safer to follow the crowd and be simple. But I guess I have a thirst and desire for truth.

Or are you being sarcastic?

An intellectual is not antisocial. They can be very social, especially to pretty girls. Me and Ladislav are examples.

I'd rather see the truth and be free of programming than be a robot.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: I dont think you pay the price

Post by momopi »

Master wrote:Why would you want to go down the path of antisocial, loner, intellectual. When you can go down the path of the masses, the pack, the stupid and the resourceful. Loners, scatter and die out. The world is a perfect example of it as they are stupider and stupider. The life of the lone wolf isn’t for the world. You have to be superman. Superiority will kill you. It’s a lot better to live off the pack, get your p***y, food, and survive. Do you think of yourself as this?

Do whatever that makes you happy. If others disagree with your choice, respond with a healthy dose of apathy and a middle finger. It's your life, live the way you want to. Be it alone on top of a mountain making pottery, or running a tapas bar in Taipei.
globetrotter
Experienced Poster

Post by globetrotter »

momopi wrote:
Master wrote:Why would you want to go down the path of antisocial, loner, intellectual. When you can go down the path of the masses, the pack, the stupid and the resourceful. Loners, scatter and die out. The world is a perfect example of it as they are stupider and stupider. The life of the lone wolf isn’t for the world. You have to be superman. Superiority will kill you. It’s a lot better to live off the pack, get your p***y, food, and survive. Do you think of yourself as this?

Do whatever that makes you happy. If others disagree with your choice, respond with a healthy dose of apathy and a middle finger. It's your life, live the way you want to. Be it alone on top of a mountain making pottery, or running a tapas bar in Taipei.
Of my family 2 people out of 30 see what I am doing as good. One of my sisters, and my 15 year old niece who thinks it is very cool I am in Asia. Everyone else has this distant but polite tone in their voice when I talk with them. My mom, two of my brothers, my aunts and uncles - they just do not (and cannot, likely ever...) undertand.

They are forever locked into the "America is the greatest nation on earth, forever, foreveryone. There is no reason to live anywhere else. If you are American and leave well then f**k YOU BUDDY AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!!"

I am just very polite and tell them what they want to hear. If I go back I tell them "Wow, I sure appreciate the USA more now, efc." We can discuss our true feelings ONLY with each other and like minded expats. This is true for our new country too. You cannot discuss what is good or bad about Oman, RP or China with the locals just as you cannot do so with Americans you know back in the States. Even if they ask, demur and politely tell them you like everything about their country.
firethrower1000
Freshman Poster

lol who would choose to be stupid if he has the choice?

Post by firethrower1000 »

NICELY said Winston but i believe that you and specialy you should see the path you chose as a blessing because its what not only saved the lonely life you had in the US matrix and also what made your life better...Even though you travelled just to discover different women abroad you actually discovered more that you asked for...You discovered TRUTH....and how you had been lied by social conditioning and programming...But looks like in the end your story finishes happily ever after unlike most Americans who would secretely and uncounciously beg to differ...The US matrix is sad but real and 2010 has just started which means Happierabroad will definately grow over thime trouhought this decade...Do you think that in the end this site will have a major impact on the US matrix? Will the minority of US people who know and believe in this site will turn into the majority? or will they simply decline and not believe in it without traveling and personal proof?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

globetrotter wrote:
momopi wrote:

Of my family 2 people out of 30 see what I am doing as good. One of my sisters, and my 15 year old niece who thinks it is very cool I am in Asia. Everyone else has this distant but polite tone in their voice when I talk with them. My mom, two of my brothers, my aunts and uncles - they just do not (and cannot, likely ever...) undertand.

They are forever locked into the "America is the greatest nation on earth, forever, foreveryone. There is no reason to live anywhere else. If you are American and leave well then f**k YOU BUDDY AMERICA LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!!!!"

I am just very polite and tell them what they want to hear. If I go back I tell them "Wow, I sure appreciate the USA more now, efc." We can discuss our true feelings ONLY with each other and like minded expats. This is true for our new country too. You cannot discuss what is good or bad about Oman, RP or China with the locals just as you cannot do so with Americans you know back in the States. Even if they ask, demur and politely tell them you like everything about their country.

XMas gift for the kids:
http://www.1000beforeyoudie.com/Store.aspx

"1,000 Places To See Before You Die Game
Take your family on a trip around the world ? without leaving the comfort of home.

* The best-selling book becomes a fun-filled family game
* Introduces players to travel writer Patricia Schultz's favorite places on the planet
* Be the first traveler to leave home, visit one destination in each of the travel zones, then return home to win the game!
* Includes 135 postcards, 45 movement cards, 6 airplane pawns, die and game board
* For 2 to 6 players

Have fun with your family and teach everyone about geography in a fresh, engaging way. And instill a desire to see different cultures as you expand your children's horizons."
Master
Junior Poster
Location: Insane Asylum, Strip Joints, Playboy Mansion, Public Enemies List No.1, Harley Quinn's Heart

Winston

Post by Master »

Why would they? Because like you mentioned its a bliss. The truth hurts and most people are afraid of pain. If the truth was so enjoyable the world would be a lot different than it is today. In a better way. I do think a lot of people would’ve taken the blue pill and the funny part was that when I first saw the movie I thought he actually did. Lol. Of course it was just my mistake but Reeves doesn’t strike me like the type of person that seeks truth.

You say you have a thirst and desire about the truth. But I know and a lot of people know that you have serious issues but you don’t confront them (you’re inner issues). Do you really think you can handle the truth? What makes you so sure that you don’t hide behind it in someway some how like so many people. You seem very comforted and deceived by a lot of b.s. for the sake of comforting your way. If you’ve seen through the truth, I doubt you’d be the same way you are today.

I was being sarcastic but I wasn’t. You got the right idea, and I’m glad you did. Sometimes my ideas can be deceiving but I am more than sure you are more than knowledgeable to understand.

That is true. It doesn’t have to be antisocial. But it does. It’s just the way it is. Otherwise you’re just a fool. If you hang with something you despise you’re nothing but a fool.

When you mentioned pretty girls you hint at sleeping with them. A real intellectual wouldn’t use women for his own sake. He would respect them and appreciate one woman. His equal. A user has no real intellect.

When you speak of truth you mean social conditioning and everyday lifestyles. When I speak of truth I speak of everything. The most important truth is yourself. I think you fail to realize that. Yes its good to know the truth about life, society, and the world. But it is useless if you can’t be truthful yourself.
Master
Junior Poster

momopi

Post by Master »

So you don’t think its healthy to challenge authority?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: momopi

Post by momopi »

Master wrote:So you don’t think its healthy to challenge authority?
I don't care enough to.

If you do, I'd suggest a risk assessment. It'd be unhealthy to challenge the authority of the King in Thailand (Lèse majesté), or go to Saudi Arabia to engage in a religious debate.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Is this a serious question? If I wasn't a freethinking intellectual, this site wouldn't exist and we wouldn't be having this discussion. Master, please stop asking such dumb questions. They are a waste of time. So are the topics you post like "How many girls have you all banged?" That is a juvenile and pointless question and immature too.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: lol who would choose to be stupid if he has the choice?

Post by Winston »

Loris wrote:NICELY said Winston but i believe that you and specialy you should see the path you chose as a blessing because its what not only saved the lonely life you had in the US matrix and also what made your life better...Even though you travelled just to discover different women abroad you actually discovered more that you asked for...You discovered TRUTH....and how you had been lied by social conditioning and programming...But looks like in the end your story finishes happily ever after unlike most Americans who would secretely and uncounciously beg to differ...The US matrix is sad but real and 2010 has just started which means Happierabroad will definately grow over thime trouhought this decade...Do you think that in the end this site will have a major impact on the US matrix? Will the minority of US people who know and believe in this site will turn into the majority? or will they simply decline and not believe in it without traveling and personal proof?
Good points. Going abroad does solve loneliness. But what I was saying was that being a freethinker or an intellectual creates a mental rift between you and the common people, since most people are followers and conformists, not freethinkers. In the PI, for instance, my personality fits in, but I do not connect with people here mentally, at all. Around Chinese people, I feel a sense of camaraderie, which emanates from shared genes, but I do not relate to them mentally at all. It's hard to explain. What I mean is that I can feel a sense of belonging or companionship in one way while feeling lonely in another. You see what I mean?

In this case, I am talking about mental connection with others.

There is no such thing as "happily ever after" cause life always has challenges and obstacles, but there are ways to be happier generally. In life though, unless you are giving a lot, whatever you get usually results in you losing something else. It's a series of tradeoffs. Things balance out eventually, unless you create good karma. Ladislav and I talked about this recently in Angeles.

I hope this site has a major impact. But it's a very niche market and content. This site does deal with truths that other sites ignore, yes, but not everything that is true eventually becomes popular or widely accepted. Only time will tell. What I do know though is that those who "need" to know the truths on this site, or are subconsciously looking for them, will eventually find this site through a series of coincidences. The universe works that way. If you are in a city and meant to meet someone, you will meet that person through a series of coincidences that will bring you two together. It's kind of like that. By putting this site out there, those in need of these truths will probably find it one way or another. That I do know. But I still try to promote this site when I can though.

Winston
Site Admin

Re: Winston

Post by Winston »

Master wrote:Why would they? Because like you mentioned its a bliss. The truth hurts and most people are afraid of pain. If the truth was so enjoyable the world would be a lot different than it is today. In a better way. I do think a lot of people would’ve taken the blue pill and the funny part was that when I first saw the movie I thought he actually did. Lol. Of course it was just my mistake but Reeves doesn’t strike me like the type of person that seeks truth.

You say you have a thirst and desire about the truth. But I know and a lot of people know that you have serious issues but you don’t confront them (you’re inner issues). Do you really think you can handle the truth? What makes you so sure that you don’t hide behind it in someway some how like so many people. You seem very comforted and deceived by a lot of b.s. for the sake of comforting your way. If you’ve seen through the truth, I doubt you’d be the same way you are today.

I was being sarcastic but I wasn’t. You got the right idea, and I’m glad you did. Sometimes my ideas can be deceiving but I am more than sure you are more than knowledgeable to understand.

That is true. It doesn’t have to be antisocial. But it does. It’s just the way it is. Otherwise you’re just a fool. If you hang with something you despise you’re nothing but a fool.

When you mentioned pretty girls you hint at sleeping with them. A real intellectual wouldn’t use women for his own sake. He would respect them and appreciate one woman. His equal. A user has no real intellect.

When you speak of truth you mean social conditioning and everyday lifestyles. When I speak of truth I speak of everything. The most important truth is yourself. I think you fail to realize that. Yes its good to know the truth about life, society, and the world. But it is useless if you can’t be truthful yourself.
Master, these are dumb points I've already addressed many times and am tired of it.

Who are the people you know who say I have "issues"? We all have issues, but so what? I am not a hypocrite at least. The people who attack me either 1) do not know me and use me as their sick target, or 2) are the type that hates everyone and has major social issues themselves. (e.g. Dave Fuller fits #1 and #2) Again, no one who is happy healthy and has a lot of friends attacks me here.

Why does the truth hurt? Only if there is no solution. But in my case, there was - going abroad. If you present the truth with a solution, such as going abroad, then you present hope. How does that hurt?

To me, truth is an aphrodisiac. That should tell you right there that I am less likely to lie than most people.

Keanu Reeves isn't necessarily a truth seeker in real life. But his character in that movie was. Duh.

How am I not being truthful? Or how am I believing in BS? Can you give some specific examples?

It is a myth that an intellectual does not seek to sleep with girls or has a passion for hot girls. If you go to Italy or France you will see that many guys there are intellectuals who love to flirt and hit on girls at the same time. It's a US myth that they are mutually exclusive.

I was talking to Ladislav about this recently. I told him that many people out there (such as you) think one cannot be spiritual and a womaniser or sex addict at the same time. That is a fallacy though. You see these desires, which seem contradictory, actually balance out each other, so that my character doesn't fall into any extremes. Yeah I need sex, but at the same time, I need meaning and an inner spiritual life to balance out the "debauchery". That's why I have spiritual interests and focus. It doesn't mean that I'm a pure monk with no desires though. That's a misconception of spirituality.

Mr S is the same way. As you can see on this forum, he is into spiritual/esoteric things, conspiracies, and alternative topics, yet he likes banging girls, having a good time, and getting drunk. Those desires can coexist within him because they BALANCE EACH OTHER OUT.

You are simply nitpicking with shallow intentions Master. A wise intellectual would be able to discern this without me having to explain it.

Why did you change your name from Sexybeast to Master? What are you the master of? lol That's a misleading user name.

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re:

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Winston wrote:
January 9th, 2010, 1:23 pm
Well yeah. Being a freethinker has pluses and minuses, like I mentioned.

You have the ability to see truth rather than conditioning. I mean ignorance is bliss, but why would one choose to be stupid if one has a choice? Do you think that the protagonist in the movie "The Matrix" should have taken the blue pill and gone back to his programmed reality?

Sure it's safer to follow the crowd and be simple. But I guess I have a thirst and desire for truth.

Or are you being sarcastic?

An intellectual is not antisocial. They can be very social, especially to pretty girls. Me and Ladislav are examples.

I'd rather see the truth and be free of programming than be a robot.
[/quote

I agree with you Winston 100%!!!