What Are Your Desires?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

What Are Your Desires?

Post by Pixel--Dude »

Certain religions such as Buddhism promote the philosophy of asceticism, which is the objective of escaping Samsara by negating the physical through the method of resisiting desire. This is how we reach Nirvana, according to Buddhist philosophy...

I don't think this philosophy is a sensible way to live life. Desire is a natural part of the human condition and should be embraced, unless of course you desire doing stuff which could cause harm to others, in that case those desires should absolutely be resisted :lol: but back to the original point of this paragraph; desire is natural and shouldn't be resisted. By resistance of base desire you are just desiring not to desire. This is an unachievable goal.

As such, attainment of the perceived goal which serves as the driving force behind complete asceticism is completely impossible. I used to like Buddhism as a religion, but its just another life denying religion which asserts everything is shit and accepting that everything is shit...

So let us embrace desire! I have some questions for you guys regarding desire.

What is it you guys desire in terms of the way your life unfolds? Your ideal woman? Your future? That sort of thing

What is your desire for the direction of society and how society should function? Are there any desires you have for values and ethics that should be commonplace?

I will share my own ideas with regard to these questions when some others join the discussion.

When considering what it is we desire in these areas of life we also have to consider the other variables which could come along with the desired outcome. Of course, your desires could always come true in the future, but as the old saying goes: You should be careful what you wish for, because it could just come true...
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
kukushka
Freshman Poster

Re: What Are Your Desires?

Post by kukushka »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 11:58 am
Certain religions such as Buddhism promote the philosophy of asceticism, which is the objective of escaping Samsara by negating the physical through the method of resisiting desire. This is how we reach Nirvana, according to Buddhist philosophy...

I don't think this philosophy is a sensible way to live life. Desire is a natural part of the human condition and should be embraced, unless of course you desire doing stuff which could cause harm to others, in that case those desires should absolutely be resisted :lol: but back to the original point of this paragraph; desire is natural and shouldn't be resisted. By resistance of base desire you are just desiring not to desire. This is an unachievable goal.

As such, attainment of the perceived goal which serves as the driving force behind complete asceticism is completely impossible. I used to like Buddhism as a religion, but its just another life denying religion which asserts everything is shit and accepting that everything is shit...
well, I believe buddha himself promoted the middle path. part of life is embracing desire, another part of life is leaving desire, I see these existing together like yin and yang, neither extreme is good, and at different times you will go with one or the other:
Monks, these two extremes ought not to be practiced by one who has gone forth from the household life. There is an addiction to indulgence of sense-pleasures, which is low, coarse, the way of ordinary people, unworthy, and unprofitable; and there is an addiction to self-mortification, which is painful, unworthy, and unprofitable.
Avoiding both these extremes, the Perfect One has realized the Middle Path; it gives vision, gives knowledge, and leads to calm, to insight, to enlightenment and to Nibbana. And what is that Middle Path realized by the Tathagata...? It is the Noble Eightfold Path, and nothing else, namely: right understanding, right thought, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness and right concentration.[4]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Way
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

To exterminate most of humanity. I guess I will have to resist that.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
June 8th, 2023, 4:03 pm
To exterminate most of humanity. I guess I will have to resist that.
I understand your frustration. What about your desires for society on a larger scale? How would your ideal society function etc?
You are free to make any decision you desire, but you are not free from the consequences of those decisions.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 12:16 am
I understand your frustration. What about your desires for society on a larger scale? How would your ideal society function etc?
The problem isn't the structure of society. The problem is that people are shit. And this is the point of my Arkian idea, to fix this. My ideal society is simply composed of Arkians, meaning people with intelligence, morals, and drive.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
What about your desires for society on a larger scale? How would your ideal society function etc?
The thought of the word "society" makes me cringe and want to be alone. Just thinking about that question makes me want to go to a far, far away, remote island with a few hundred people, become a fisherman, and literally forget "society".

I'm 37 and honestly at this point in my life I've never despised people more. My desire right now is to live somewhere isolated, maybe an island, far far away from the hordes of despicable, nasty humans that are "society".

I completely understand how native Hawaiians feel about the "haole" coming to their homeland and bringing their entitled, arrogant attitudes with them. It's about conserving their own native Hawaiian culture and not allowing rich white people to take it over.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

fschmidt wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 2:32 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
The problem isn't the structure of society. The problem is that people are shit. And this is the point of my Arkian idea, to fix this. My ideal society is simply composed of Arkians, meaning people with intelligence, morals, and drive.
Hey, I was supposed to be getting an early night as I will be travelling to London tomorrow, but I ended up reading your Arkian Idea and was surprised by how much of it I agreed with. I don't necessarily agree completely as I'm not religious, but I do agree that secular people tend to be among the most ignorant and could never have the moral or intellectual ideals necessary to form a functioning society.

I agree that this is an interesting post viewtopic.php?p=157300#p157300 which summarises the problem of rising stupidity and decay of culture.

Overall I think your Arkian idea seems like a fairly good plan and I can find little fault with the premise besides the heavy enthasis on religion. I'm glad you point out that the Talmud is evil and stupid and I'm in agreement that Jewish bankers tend to be greedy and evil. Aside from these Zionist kleptocrats and their toxic monetary system I have no issues with anyone else. I don't think the hatred of a few select Jews qualifies as antisemitism. This hatred is justified in my opinion.

I am partial to a game of chess myself, but haven't had a good game in a long time. If you're interested I could have you a game at some point. Online or something.

I was surprised to see that you mentioned Go in your Arkian writing. I've only ever played Go on a game I used to have years ago. I used to enjoy the game, finding it surprisingly complex and a challenging strategy game even though the rules of play are pretty simple to grasp. I did a little bit more research on the game and read that Go was considered one of the four essential arts of the cultured aristocratic Chinese scholars in antiquity.

I might write a thread on the four arts when I get back from my trip as I've ended up spiralling into a tangent of research lol
Pixel--Dude
Veteran Poster

Post by Pixel--Dude »

kangarunner wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 3:33 pm
Pixel--Dude wrote:
What about your desires for society on a larger scale? How would your ideal society function etc?
The thought of the word "society" makes me cringe and want to be alone. Just thinking about that question makes me want to go to a far, far away, remote island with a few hundred people, become a fisherman, and literally forget "society".

I'm 37 and honestly at this point in my life I've never despised people more. My desire right now is to live somewhere isolated, maybe an island, far far away from the hordes of despicable, nasty humans that are "society".

I completely understand how native Hawaiians feel about the "haole" coming to their homeland and bringing their entitled, arrogant attitudes with them. It's about conserving their own native Hawaiian culture and not allowing rich white people to take it over.
I can honestly relate sometimes. For the most part, people are unreasonable stupid assholes and this makes them unbearable to be around.

I remember watching the movie Castaway with Tom Hanks. And I couldn't understand what his problem was, he was stranded on a tropical island with enough food to sustain him and fresh water plus shelter. His company was a soccer ball that probably provided more intelligent conversation than most lowly NPC losers of modern society.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Pixel--Dude wrote:
June 9th, 2023, 3:43 pm
Hey, I was supposed to be getting an early night as I will be travelling to London tomorrow, but I ended up reading your Arkian Idea and was surprised by how much of it I agreed with. I don't necessarily agree completely as I'm not religious, but I do agree that secular people tend to be among the most ignorant and could never have the moral or intellectual ideals necessary to form a functioning society.

I agree that this is an interesting post viewtopic.php?p=157300#p157300 which summarises the problem of rising stupidity and decay of culture.

Overall I think your Arkian idea seems like a fairly good plan and I can find little fault with the premise besides the heavy enthasis on religion. I'm glad you point out that the Talmud is evil and stupid and I'm in agreement that Jewish bankers tend to be greedy and evil. Aside from these Zionist kleptocrats and their toxic monetary system I have no issues with anyone else. I don't think the hatred of a few select Jews qualifies as antisemitism. This hatred is justified in my opinion.

I am partial to a game of chess myself, but haven't had a good game in a long time. If you're interested I could have you a game at some point. Online or something.

I was surprised to see that you mentioned Go in your Arkian writing. I've only ever played Go on a game I used to have years ago. I used to enjoy the game, finding it surprisingly complex and a challenging strategy game even though the rules of play are pretty simple to grasp. I did a little bit more research on the game and read that Go was considered one of the four essential arts of the cultured aristocratic Chinese scholars in antiquity.

I might write a thread on the four arts when I get back from my trip as I've ended up spiralling into a tangent of research lol
Thanks for reading it, very few here have bothered.

Regarding the emphasis on religion, note that there is no belief requirement. You can believe whatever you want. But you seem to understand that religious people are needed for a functioning society. The Arkian requirement is only that you know scripture so that you at least know a shared narrative with religious people so that you can discuss moral issues with shared references.

One reason that I picked scripture and Go is that very few people know both. (Probably only Koreans.) More people would already know scripture and chess. I want people to put some effort into becoming Arkian so that I don't get the worthless lazy people who love to complain but who do nothing. I would rather have few Arkains that worthless Arkians. The last person who joined said that he spent a little time studying each day for a month to become Arkian. That seems like a reasonable bar.
Outcast9428
Experienced Poster

Post by Outcast9428 »

I want to be married to my girlfriend forever... I want to have a similar standard of living to the one I grew up with. I want to have 3-4 kids and pass my values down to them and see them succeed in life.

I would also like to deport every single person in this country who whines about "racism." Black people who whine about racism can go live in the Congo. Hispanic people who whine about racism can live in Mexico. Arabs who whine about racism can live in Afghanistan. Whites who whine about racism can go live in Germany. And Asians who whine about racism can go live in North Korea.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Pixel--Dude wrote:

What is it you guys desire in terms of the way your life unfolds? Your ideal woman? Your future? That sort of thing
I wholly agree that desire is natural as well as a fundamental driving force behind all worthwhile actions and am likewise opposed to the undesiring asceticism of certain religions and philosophies. I view these as wholly unnatural.

I personally have a strong desire to grow and forge myself into a greater and more complete form of man. Something like the Renaissance humanist conception of man as a perfectible being. Or the Nietzschean Will to Power according to which life and especially the aristocratic Übermensch constantly strives for its own expansion and self-overcoming. I've always felt this instinct within myself from a young age. I feel joy whenever I'm working towards my own excellence and experiencing results and conversely fall into depression whenever I find myself in a stagnant rut and without personal growth.

I want to cultivate talent and excel in the creative fields which interest me. I feel that in this life I need to take advantage of my writing ability and privileged imagination and produce some sublime literary work, preferably one which explores deep philosophical themes and expresses deeper esoteric truths.

I want to continue to advance at my martial arts training and become a more complete martial artist. Martial arts constitute an authentic path of higher discipline and embody the kshatriya warrior spirit. This same warrior spirit has always dwelt within my soul. I used to teach Jiujitsu at our local MMA gym. I might one day open my own gym in some exotic HA location like Colombia and instruct a new generation of noble disciples.

I might resume my polyglottic goals at some point in the future. I already speak Spanish as my main foreign language and also reached a decent level of Japanese. Maybe I'll add some more foreign languages depending on which cultures I fall in love with, but for now I feel that I should focus more on my creative and martial endeavors.

I would like to start a new life in an exotic Latin American country such as Colombia, a place where I can be happy with a wild and passionate culture and a lower cost of living. I want an abundance of raunchy fun with hot passionate Brown mamasotas with big butts and might even have a baby mama or two (some cute gordibuenas with wide hips and a stacked rear) since my family has superior genetics (especially on my mother's side) and so I should spread my masculine seed on a fertile new continent full of super hot Latinas with nice wet pvssies (our forum's resident warlord and master baby-seeder @MarcosZeitola will be proud! 8) ), but I doubt that I'll ever get married because marriage is full of inane infantile drama, takes too much time away from more worthwhile creative, intellectual and spiritual pursuits and, in most cases, is simply a dud anyway.

As for spiritual and more transcendental goals, I want to open the chakras through spiritual work (meditation, mantras, etc.), raise the Kundalini, cultivate the siddhis and then divinize my soul and ascend to godhood through the completion of the alchemical Great Work. I have no interest in "Moksha" and reabsorption into source as taught in the Vedanta and other life-renouncing religions. Nor do I have any interest in false Abrahamic servilism or its blind and fanatical worship of the "god of Israhell". I want to raise my own soul to the level of godhood so that I can regain my personal power and play life on god mode and then either reincarnate into a higher form of life on this planet without being affected by any negative shackles of fate or transcend this messed-up planet and its soul trap matrix completely and reincarnate on a much more elevated planet/world.

Ideally I'd like to live in a better society conducive to human flourishing and spiritual development, but at this point in time we are at a major juncture and our survival is on the line: either the New World Order will destroy many of us and enslave the few survivors in order to manifest its perverse Messianic Age or what the Kabbalists refer to as the Tikkun Olam (the "Great Reset" will be a pretext for this), or we will awaken and resist their nefarious plans and tear down the whole evil edifice of the NWO. Hard times are ahead. We gotta stay strong and prepare for the chaos which lies just over the horizon.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Lucas88 wrote:
June 10th, 2023, 6:33 am
Pixel--Dude wrote:

I wholly agree that desire is natural as well as a fundamental driving force behind all worthwhile actions and am likewise opposed to the undesiring asceticism of certain religions and philosophies. I view these as wholly unnatural.

I personally have a strong desire to grow and forge myself into a greater and more complete form of man. Something like the Renaissance humanist conception of man as a perfectible being. Or the Nietzschean Will to Power according to which life and especially the aristocratic Übermensch constantly strives for its own expansion and self-overcoming. I've always felt this instinct within myself from a young age. I feel joy whenever I'm working towards my own excellence and experiencing results and conversely fall into depression whenever I find myself in a stagnant rut and without personal growth.

I want to cultivate talent and excel in the creative fields which interest me. I feel that in this life I need to take advantage of my writing ability and privileged imagination and produce some sublime literary work, preferably one which explores deep philosophical themes and expresses deeper esoteric truths.

I want to continue to advance at my martial arts training and become a more complete martial artist. Martial arts constitute an authentic path of higher discipline and embody the kshatriya warrior spirit. This same warrior spirit has always dwelt within my soul. I used to teach Jiujitsu at our local MMA gym. I might one day open my own gym in some exotic HA location like Colombia and instruct a new generation of noble disciples.

I might resume my polyglottic goals at some point in the future. I already speak Spanish as my main foreign language and also reached a decent level of Japanese. Maybe I'll add some more foreign languages depending on which cultures I fall in love with, but for now I feel that I should focus more on my creative and martial endeavors.

I would like to start a new life in an exotic Latin American country such as Colombia, a place where I can be happy with a wild and passionate culture and a lower cost of living. I want an abundance of raunchy fun with hot passionate Brown mamasotas with big butts and might even have a baby mama or two (some cute gordibuenas with wide hips and a stacked rear) since my family has superior genetics (especially on my mother's side) and so I should spread my masculine seed on a fertile new continent full of super hot Latinas with nice wet pvssies (our forum's resident warlord and master baby-seeder @MarcosZeitola will be proud! 8) ), but I doubt that I'll ever get married because marriage is full of inane infantile drama, takes too much time away from more worthwhile creative, intellectual and spiritual pursuits and, in most cases, is simply a dud anyway.

As for spiritual and more transcendental goals, I want to open the chakras through spiritual work (meditation, mantras, etc.), raise the Kundalini, cultivate the siddhis and then divinize my soul and ascend to godhood through the completion of the alchemical Great Work. I have no interest in "Moksha" and reabsorption into source as taught in the Vedanta and other life-renouncing religions. Nor do I have any interest in false Abrahamic servilism or its blind and fanatical worship of the "god of Israhell". I want to raise my own soul to the level of godhood so that I can regain my personal power and play life on god mode and then either reincarnate into a higher form of life on this planet without being affected by any negative shackles of fate or transcend this messed-up planet and its soul trap matrix completely and reincarnate on a much more elevated planet/world.

Ideally I'd like to live in a better society conducive to human flourishing and spiritual development, but at this point in time we are at a major juncture and our survival is on the line: either the New World Order will destroy many of us and enslave the few survivors in order to manifest its perverse Messianic Age or what the Kabbalists refer to as the Tikkun Olam (the "Great Reset" will be a pretext for this), or we will awaken and resist their nefarious plans and tear down the whole evil edifice of the NWO. Hard times are ahead. We gotta stay strong and prepare for the chaos which lies just over the horizon.
Interesting,these are not my desires,to become a 'perfictable'man,rather I want to be a Hedonist.
galii
Experienced Poster

Post by galii »

Pixel--Dude wrote:

What is your desire for the direction of society and how society should function? Are there any desires you have for values and ethics that should be commonplace?

I will share my own ideas with regard to these questions when some others join the discussion.

When considering what it is we desire in these areas of life we also have to consider the other variables which could come along with the desired outcome. Of course, your desires could always come true in the future, but as the old saying goes: You should be careful what you wish for, because it could just come true...
It is unfair but I googled why desire it bad:
Desire often blinds you to what you already have and makes you abandon it. Arturo Graf, the Italian poet and writer, said that to feel safe, motivated, and peaceful over the course of our lives, we should desire little and expect even less.

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”