The Cat And Dog

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Mr. Mistoffelees
Freshman Poster

The Cat And Dog

Post by Mr. Mistoffelees »

Heeeeeeeeeeey y'all 🥰

Today I wanna share with y'all my idea for a philosophical project I'm working on. It's a book I'm writing called 'The Cat and the Dog.' The premise is quite simple really. Each page consists of different thoughts expressed by an anthropomorphized cat and dog. I know the attribution of human emotion, intention and traits to nonhuman entities has been done ad nauseum, but I really like this idea and would like the feedback from those of y'all who don't just hate on me for being a gay guy.

The main point of the book is to ascertain whether or not it is possible to live our lives without hope or the delusions and lies we trick ourselves with in order to function in a confusing and oftentimes bleak existence. 😳 This is represented by the cat in my book, heavily influenced by philosopher John Grey and the reflections I wrote about in my thread about the wisdom of cats. Y'all should read it if you haven't already please for a better understanding of this viewpoint 🥰

The dog represents eternal optimism and the constant need for approval and validation. The dog is happy living his life so long as he is frequently fussed by his master and given constant attention and validation. The dog is representative of those people in life who just always seem to be able to get by without any cares or worries. The dog is the epitome of living life in hope and delusion. 😒

Throughout my book there is also a small boy who must choose the wisdom expressed by both the cat and the dog and find the best way to make these applicable to his life. The dog, though quite silly and optimistic constantly, will also offer some good insights about positivity so the two anthropomorphic animals are more balanced in the dissemination of their wisdom. I don't want the cat to be the only one that offers practical points.

In the end, both the cat and the dog (whichever the reader identifies with) will offer helpful advice for those who are looking for a way to deal with life. The dog offers optimistic outlooks, though sometimes naïve. And for those of a more pessimistic disposition the cat will offer wisdom on how to live life without hope, which sounds depressing at first glance, but can actually be practical for those who already struggle on a day to day basis because of a lack of hope.

=^_^=

Return to “Deep Philosophical Discussions”