Actual, SANE answers . . . (no tinfoil)

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Actual, SANE answers . . . (no tinfoil)

Post by Blue Murder »

traveller wrote:It's really sad what not only parents, but also American (should be WESTERN) schools will do to children. When they are in their single-digit ages, they can be playful and social, interacting with other people, and by the time they reach their teens they have become standoffish, selfish, withdrawn into their own tight cliques, their love and affection has disappeared, literally like the Touch of Amortus, their once soft hearts have been turned to stone.
I'm reading that and I ask myself why. Why is that true? What happened to the west? To be specific, my generation and downwards? I know that every young generation was said to be decadent. You can find BC Roman texts saying the same things about their youth as the current society says about its youth. But I think my generation is deserving of special mention.

A member on here was very charitable and hospitalitous (word?) a few days ago, when I wasn't even looking for charity. Just came right out and offered me assistance. I was truly surprised (which is very hard to do) and touched (also hard to do). I expect to be shouting at the wall with this topic, but for the few I talk to maybe you all will chime in. What happened to make people like that a rarity? Why is my generation glued to their computer/smart phone screens instead of being glued to, I don't know, a seat on an airplane or in a car? And this separation of the sexes. It's to the point where men need to get consent to greet a woman. But at the same time, male spaces are a no-go. So, all men are rapist monsters, yet you want to be surrounded by heaps of them in a small area, almost stark naked? This division is unhealthy. We have men who are killing people because of this kind of stuff man.

And friendship. Why is friendship a lost concept in the west? You can't even so much as go out and greet people (as commonly as you once could) without being labelled a creep. You know I'm not with the tinfoil stuff (Jews, NWO, Agenda whatevernumber, Infowars, Area 51, etc), which is why I have to ask: What the hell happened? Why do sites like Happier Abroad need to exist because of the way things are? Someone fill me in because I'm genuinely running out of possible answers and solutions. I really hope the handful of you apart of the bright/acute minority can tell me. And serious responses only. I'm actively trying to piece this together.
Self-improvement addict. Always striving for perfection.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Actual, SANE answers . . . (no tinfoil)

Post by Moretorque »

It all starts in our homes, dysfunctional homes dysfunctional society. Oh yaa, you better wake up. Our rulers the ones who operate that institution they call the bank want this and most are to dumb to figure. Please do not be one of those.
Time to Hide!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

Moretorque wrote:It all starts in our homes, dysfunctional homes dysfunctional society. Oh yaa, you better wake up. Our rulers the ones who operate that institution they call the bank want this and most are to dumb to figure. Please do not be one of those.
Borderline tinfoil, but believable. I really don't see why this goes on. In Latin America, if you mess with their money your ass is out of office immediately. Why can't that happen in the west? It happened in Green/Iceland some years ago, so it can be done.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

The problem is the me, myself and I mentality that young Western or Westernized people have these days. A by-pdroduct of wealth and decadence is the death of the family unit. Families are smaller, less personal. More people grow up without siblings or with a huge age gap with their one sibling, causing them to never learn how to share. Parents dump their children with caregivers while working, as both the man and the woman often have jobs. Not having children also becomes accepted, if not cheered on; people take home cats and dogs, call them "my baby" and forsake their traditional roles... not only women do (feminism), even men (MGTOW).

It is a deep, intense sense of selfishness permeating every layer of society. Where the future is of no consequence, the past boring, and only showing off and being comfortable in the here and now matter. Even in the Western world, in Europe, in America, I still see healthy, kind and friendly people. They all have one thing in common: they tend to come from a warm and loving family. They have siblings they are close with. Parents who care for them. Grandparents who they respected and to whose council and sage advice they listened.

Then there are all the only children, who act like they are princes and princesses. China has a whole generation of those, and these are intensely selfish individuals. In the West, we can add the children of single mothers to the mix. Mothers with daddy issues, so not only is the father gone but the grandfather is also not in the picture. She may be a feminist and have a general distrust for men, so out go the uncles and there are no male friends. Many young men, therefore, grow up without (positive?) male role models. Then they go to school with the selfish offspring of highly materialistic and career-driven couples.

Decadence breeds self-centeredness, which in turn breeds loneliness. Some of the warmest people I met, had traditional values, traditional families, and lived in close proximity of one another. These people are a dying breed in the Western world of today, but in China, Korea, Japan and other industrialized nations you will also see them less and less. The change happens in the houses, in the schools. And the only way to do anything about it is to go to nations with high birth rates and traditional family values, because this is where you can still escape the sense of meaningless materialism.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

None of this is new, every decaying culture is like this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everyone has to be on guard against his friend.
Don’t trust any brother,
for every brother will certainly deceive,
and every friend spread slander.
Each one betrays his friend;
no one tells the truth.
They have taught their tongues to speak lies;
they wear themselves out doing wrong.
You live in a world of deception.
In their deception they refuse to know Me.
This is the Lord’s declaration.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeremiah 9:4-6

In this environment, it is pointless to socialize.
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

MarcosZeitola wrote:The problem is the me, myself and I mentality that young Western or Westernized people have these days. A by-pdroduct of wealth and decadence is the death of the family unit. Families are smaller, less personal. More people grow up without siblings or with a huge age gap with their one sibling, causing them to never learn how to share. Parents dump their children with caregivers while working, as both the man and the woman often have jobs. Not having children also becomes accepted, if not cheered on; people take home cats and dogs, call them "my baby" and forsake their traditional roles... not only women do (feminism), even men (MGTOW).

It is a deep, intense sense of selfishness permeating every layer of society. Where the future is of no consequence, the past boring, and only showing off and being comfortable in the here and now matter. Even in the Western world, in Europe, in America, I still see healthy, kind and friendly people. They all have one thing in common: they tend to come from a warm and loving family. They have siblings they are close with. Parents who care for them. Grandparents who they respected and to whose council and sage advice they listened.

Then there are all the only children, who act like they are princes and princesses. China has a whole generation of those, and these are intensely selfish individuals. In the West, we can add the children of single mothers to the mix. Mothers with daddy issues, so not only is the father gone but the grandfather is also not in the picture. She may be a feminist and have a general distrust for men, so out go the uncles and there are no male friends. Many young men, therefore, grow up without (positive?) male role models. Then they go to school with the selfish offspring of highly materialistic and career-driven couples.

Decadence breeds self-centeredness, which in turn breeds loneliness. Some of the warmest people I met, had traditional values, traditional families, and lived in close proximity of one another. These people are a dying breed in the Western world of today, but in China, Korea, Japan and other industrialized nations you will also see them less and less. The change happens in the houses, in the schools. And the only way to do anything about it is to go to nations with high birth rates and traditional family values, because this is where you can still escape the sense of meaningless materialism.
Thanks for the input. Now, I have went internally, as that should be the automatic response when talking about social things (i.e. "women don't find me attractive"). I asked myself "why dont i fit in with my generation?". I thought maybe I was an asshole, or perhaps I was offending people without noticing. Were there some things I needed to work on? Yes. But after I began working on these things, everything (everyone) around me stayed the same. Still selfish. Still two-faced. Still lacking in honour. What generation other than my own glorifies sleeping with someone else's girlfriend? It's in all our songs ("I got a missed call from your bitch!"), and I even had a former Christian classmate say to another classmate, "I don't care if she's dating someone, if a naked girl is in front of me i'm doing things". Every time after that when I brought it up as a reason as to why he and I can never be friends, he would come up with one hundred and one excuses. "That's not what I meant", "Well, wouldn't I be doing them a favour by showing my friend she's a whore?", "I never said that", and when those failed, he even went so far as to lie and try to convince me I wasn't there for that conversation. I don't care if this makes me look gay, soft or "bitch made". I'm not going to touch a taken girl. Period. It's non-negotiable and I don't want you around me if you do it. But this is par the course for Generation Y.

Then we have people who don't know how to raise children. They grow up lacking in certain areas, and now it seems like everyone has anxiety, bipolar, BPD or some other kind of mental issue. The worst part is they don't think it's a problem, and now there is this belief that women are supposed to be crazy? On what planet is that healthy? All day, every day, my generation keeps on having kids in high school, dropping out, not even getting a GED and somehow thinking they've made the right choice. When I was held back from graduating, I made damn sure my ass was in school all year until I got my degree. Not GED, not 'ticket of release'. A high school diploma.

I'm not sure it's the lack of traditional families though. Sure, they help, but there is no way a lack of traditional families can cause all of THIS. This mess. Perhaps there is just negative energy permeating the west and the only solution for those with the will to change that is to simply leave. I'm a problem-solver though, as anyone who knows me here or in real life is aware of. I can't help thinking this decadence has a critical mass, like most things not used in moderation.

Snuff sites get more traffic than anything positive. Seeing people die in sick and twisted ways gets you views, but being a positive, kind person earns you a struggle. That's my problem with the west. Not because I can't show up with my cock out and go home with a female, but because it's full of selfish, decadent, narcissistic, mentally-ill, two-faced, untrustworthy cretins who spend their days watching videos of people being lit on fire or celebrity nude pictures instead of things that will make them develop and grow as a person. At this point, I'm going full-fledged happier abroad. It's clear I can't stay here and shouldn't, as the few of you I get along with have escaped. I want to make it work. I want to fix problems. I really do. But I can't force change. Sometimes, the only winning move is to simply not play.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

I think technology is partly to blame. It seems with the invention of the Iphone, Ipad, cellphone, Internet, etc., humans seems to be becoming less human and more hooked on technology than ever before. I remember the days before cellphones, and believe me, people were more engaged with each other than they are now.

Could that be one possible reason for the way things are...?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Zboy the net is getting the word out and making the world a small pace. SO NO!!!!! the problem is most people are just dumb. Can't wait for Droid to get his new orders to clean house. :P
Time to Hide!
Blue Murder
Junior Poster

Post by Blue Murder »

zboy1 wrote:I think technology is partly to blame. It seems with the invention of the Iphone, Ipad, cellphone, Internet, etc., humans seems to be becoming less human and more hooked on technology than ever before. I remember the days before cellphones, and believe me, people were more engaged with each other than they are now.

Could that be one possible reason for the way things are...?
That's definitely part of it. The thing is, I use technology as a TOOL, NOT as a second life. But that's fine. It only makes the truly remarkable people you meet shine so much brighter, and it makes YOU shine brighter as well if you're the adventurous/'different' type.
Moretorque wrote:Can't wait for Droid to get his new orders to clean house. :P
Um, what?
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Droid is a Cyber Dyne model T 101 in disguise waiting for Skynet to do a first strike on all major populated urban areas so he can then spring into action as the Terminator and terminate all the remaining unwanted pests.

Wish him luck.... :wink:
Time to Hide!