Pseudo skeptics are some of the most dangerous people

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
RickyRetardo
Freshman Poster

Pseudo skeptics are some of the most dangerous people

Post by RickyRetardo »

The cult of pseudo skepticism is one of the most destructive forces we face today.

They hate science, logic, and rationality, but they act like they respect these disciplines. They will praise science all day long until scientific findings cease to line up with their deeply-held beliefs, and then they will turn around and spew bile and vitriol and personal attacks while ignoring the subject at hand. Pseudo skeptics worship authority for authority's sake (instead of giving due respect to legitimate authority, which is a different thing), deny obvious truths that don't line up with their world view, and suppress information that could help people all over the world. I honestly believe that pseudo skepticism has, directly or indirectly, led to a tremendous amount of suffering and pain.

Here is one example. A scientific study in Korea showed that pumpkin seed oil can treat prostatic hyperplasia. This was a ground-breaking finding that could have huge implications. If you post about it on a pseudo skeptic forum or bring it up with a pseudo skeptic, they will call you crazy, despite the fact that the efficacy of the oil has been scientifically proven by licensed professionals who complied with the scientific method.

Fanaticism is a great danger to science, and some of the biggest fanatics are the ones who label themselves "skeptics".
Let's get together and feel alright.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Sorry, but.....

Post by Jester »

I'VE never heard that.
Do you have any PROOF of that?
That's been debunked.
According to Snopes that's just an urban myth.
That sounds like some kind of CONSPIRACY THEORY.
Oh REALLY?
And I suppose you've WORKED in the field?
So now everything doctors do is wrong, is that it?
Yeah if you believe that, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale!
Where are you getting your information from? The INTERNET?
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Pseudo skeptics are some of the most dangerous people

Post by Winston »

Jester, you're being sarcastic right? lol

Snopes is a pseudo skeptic site. According to it, everything that challenges the status quo and materialism and the establishment authority, is automatically wrong and must be ridiculed.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

New site exposing pseudo skeptics. Looks pretty good.

http://www.skepticalaboutskeptics.org

Btw did any of you hear about that doctor in the 19th century that argued that doctors should wash their hands before surgery or else their germs could infect the patients? Well he was ridiculed and dismissed from practice by the establishment and pseudo skeptics. Yet he was right all along and his recommendation saved lives.

No doubt the modern pseudo skeptics today like bill nye, lawrence krauss, phil plait, michael shermer, etc, had they lived back then, they would have ridiculed him too. No doubt about it.

Pseudo skeptics always defend the establishment and have no skepticism toward it. Once you adopt a belief, thats what you do, you direct all your skepticism at the other side but never question your side. Thats what nearly everyone does who holds some type of belief system.

Its rare for a skeptic to be a skeptic of all belief systems including his own. I am one of the few that are, so I am rare and a true skeptic. A true skeptic is skeptical of all sides, including his own, not just one side or the side he opposes. That's what these pseudo-skeptics don't understand.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

A video someone put up of me debunking pseudo skeptics.

Description

Excerpts from Winston Wu's videos discussing why many 'debunkers' are NOT real skeptics. The cult of the pseudoskeptic is particularly problematic when it comes to the subject of 9/11 and healthy scrutiny of the official account. Never with a word of criticism against the government account, the pseudoskeptic is ONLY skeptical of skepticism of the mainstream account. The pseudoskeptic will feverishly attack the 'truther', often with great anger and mockery. Never does the pseudoskeptic concede a point, or acknowledge a counter fact, or a stronger argument, and behaves as though defending the official story (the 'establishment' view) is their job. And no matter how many times their arguments are shown to be flawed, or fallacious, the pseudoskeptic will feign victory..... What can be done about this menace?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I've come to realize that I don't need other people to agree with me. Many people have a dim light inside their consciousness. They can't grasp certain things. Also, many people prefer argumentation over knowledge. They delight in the argument for the sake of arguing, because arguing is pleasurable to them. Because they love war and get to win, even if by ignoring truth or self-deception, or wrath or insults.

Why bother wasting words on people who are unable or unwilling to receive them? That would be like talking to a brick wall and expecting it to understand or care what you have to say. Even worse, the brick wall at least won't personally attack you.

Save your breath.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.