The Trap of Equality: A Myth That Will Never Work

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
odbo
Veteran Poster

The Trap of Equality: A Myth That Will Never Work

Post by odbo »

..and could never work.

4 Indian girls (possibly sisters)

You can fill in the blanks. Because a picture is worth a thousand words. How will their lives differ? Just think about one component for example, the magnitude of beauty. And whether it's measured among one's peers, or among other races (in a globalized world or a multicultural society).

Jewish woman:
Image\

Arab woman:

Germanic woman:

This picture is brutal isn't it?
The Arab
Freshman Poster

Post by The Arab »

Son, did you fall off the deep end today ?

I don't understand this thread or what you're trying to impart.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

The Arab wrote:Son, did you fall off the deep end today ?

I don't understand this thread or what you're trying to impart.
LOL Arab. This is Odbo we're talkin' about. He sure makes this forum really interesting even though I don't always understand what he's trying to impart to us sometimes.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on March 26th, 2019, 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
odbo
Veteran Poster

Post by odbo »

Ghost wrote:I thought it was going to be about male and female equality, but I guess this is about female equality and that it isn't true? I.e., some women are more equal than others because they are attractive, both naturally and because of cultural reasons.
Billy wrote a good response to this but all his posts were deleted..

I was trying to express the futility of liberal ideology using photos. People are born rich/poor, smart/stupid, handsome/ugly, tall/short, this has profound implications for the course of their lives. So equality can never exist, and why should it? It is a man made construct, a poisonous ideology which should not be seen as a virtue.

In a healthy society people of all ages co-exist with each other. Everyone understands their lot in life the same way animals are at peace with their existence. A lion doesn't sit around wishing he was an elephant. In the west particularly America and England we've been convinced that we don't have to settle for our lot in life and should strive for equality and fairness. If a person is born smart and becomes an engineer in his 20s and makes a 6-figure salary, does that mean a guy who barely graduated high school should feel entitled to the same? You hear stories every night on the local news about stopping injustice such as a woman not being allowed to be a fireman. Ideology has become more important than common sense. And as we continue marching in that (wrong) direction we're becoming mentally ill as a result of counter-intuitive policies. A woman in Eastern Europe doesn't look at a fireman and wish she could become one. And a man in Eastern Europe doesn't look at a sexy 16-year old lady and wish he could be in her shoes. But men do that here. And what's more, when they start cross-dressing or doing activities well out of their age range or whatever nonsense they come up with, they demand the society bend their social norms to accommodate them.

There is no such thing as fairness or equality in the wild and it cannot exist in civilization either. To strive for it is nothing short of suicidal. Nature should be embraced not rebelled against. Instead of focusing on giving everyone the highest quality of life possible we have been conditioned to care about making everyone "equal" which only ensures everyone is unhappy. Equally damaging as the strive towards equality is the illusion that we have already attained it. Mankind cowardly ignoring that how a person looks greatly affects their opportunities in life is only further ensuring that we will never have anything resembling a just society. A person born "unlucky," is far more likely to rise above his allotment in life in a society honest with its biases, than one that pretends to be equal. By claiming equality you are denying inequality exists thus you are propagating it and ensuring inequality happens beyond the naturally occurring level. Notice how if you go somewhere like Thailand, you won't find equality nor would you expect to find it. But you will find everyone, even the poorest of the poor, possesses something difficult to grasp but which is best summed up as human dignity. But when you go to places like America which pride themselves on equality, you will find people at or below the "lower-middle class" level to be seen as almost a different species from the rest. There is no dignity in America, if you are poor you are a disease.