Do you fear death?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
philosophical_filipino
Freshman Poster

Do you fear death?

Post by philosophical_filipino »

I personally do not fear death. I cannot live my life in a cloud of fear and despair. It takes tremendous courage to go forward and challenge the unknown. That's called taking risks. I believe in NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER because no risk = no reward, since if you never try, you'll never know. The biggest regret in life is not doing what you wanted to do: Talk to that pretty girl, go that country you always thought of, losing that 30 lbs., starting a business venture, becoming your own boss, etc. Whatever you desire to be in life, go after it with all the passion in your heart.

There is a strong animalistic, instinctual motive of self-preservation. This is understandable, since we're conscious organisms that want to protect our own existence from utter annihilation. I am a practical pragmatist in the use of violence in self-defense. Common sense says if someone attacks you and is trying to kill you, you have the right to use force to put them down. Liberal idealism is a fallacy saying you must tolerate others such as Islamic or Christian fascists that are trying to dominate and murder you. This is not paranoia, but practical awareness of a dangerous world.

Honestly, life is too short to be fearful. Do what you always wanted to do and f**k what anyone thinks of you. It's your life, not theirs.

Question to anyone: What do you think happens after you die? Do you go somewhere magical or nothing happens at all?
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the
suffering itself because no heart has ever suffered when it goes in
search of its dream." - Paulo Coelho

"Filipinos don't realize that victory is the child of struggle, that
joy blossoms from suffering, and redemption is a product of
sacrifice." - José Rizal
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

f**k no. That's why I go raw. And that's one of the reasons i loathe America: cannot fight without going to jail anymore!!

Even NYC is like that now! Back in the 80s and 90s, a dude would go to the hospital if he sustained enough injury to him...but not to jail as long as nobody was killed nor razor-gutted (although surviving the razor slashes).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Do you fear death?

Post by jamesbond »

philosophical_filipino wrote:Question to anyone: What do you think happens after you die? Do you go somewhere magical or nothing happens at all?
I believe in an afterlife. After the physical body dies, the spiritual body is then free. I did a research paper in college about life after death and the evidence is overwhelming that the soul survives physical death.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

jamesbond wrote:
philosophical_filipino wrote:Question to anyone: What do you think happens after you die? Do you go somewhere magical or nothing happens at all?
I believe in an afterlife. After the physical body dies, the spiritual body is then free. I did a research paper in college about life after death and the evidence is overwhelming that the soul survives physical death.
Correct. I believe in the entrapy and entropy of the soul into another form of energy - which cannot be destroyed.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

Iawesome60
Freshman Poster

Post by Iawesome60 »

philosophical_filipino wrote:I personally do not fear death. I cannot live my life in a cloud of fear and despair. It takes tremendous courage to go forward and challenge the unknown. That's called taking risks. I believe in NO RETREAT, NO SURRENDER because no risk = no reward, since if you never try, you'll never know. The biggest regret in life is not doing what you wanted to do: Talk to that pretty girl, go that country you always thought of, losing that 30 lbs., starting a business venture, becoming your own boss, etc. Whatever you desire to be in life, go after it with all the passion in your heart.

There is a strong animalistic, instinctual motive of self-preservation. This is understandable, since we're conscious organisms that want to protect our own existence from utter annihilation. I am a practical pragmatist in the use of violence in self-defense. Common sense says if someone attacks you and is trying to kill you, you have the right to use force to put them down. Liberal idealism is a fallacy saying you must tolerate others such as Islamic or Christian fascists that are trying to dominate and murder you. This is not paranoia, but practical awareness of a dangerous world.

Honestly, life is too short to be fearful. Do what you always wanted to do and f**k what anyone thinks of you. It's your life, not theirs.

Question to anyone: What do you think happens after you die? Do you go somewhere magical or nothing happens at all?
I admit, I fear death. I have an abounding amount of fears. I fear other things like heights, riding on roller coasters, guns, and anacondas. I concur that no risk equals no reward, and we should defend ourselves if attacked.

I do not know what happens when we die. I hope something magical happens. When I mean magical, I mean a good sort of magic.

I hope no one takes this the wrong way. We all have fears.
There aren't many attractive women (inside and outside) in America. A man wants a physically attractive woman with attractive personality traits. American women usually don't have that combination.

Ever since I found Winston's website and read the information on there, my life has been much easier and I've been a MUCH more happier person!

No matter how good she looks, some other guy is sick and tired of putting up with her crap. ~Author Unknown (Quote about women)
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E_Irizarry wrote:f**k no. That's why I go raw. And that's one of the reasons i loathe America: cannot fight without going to jail anymore!!

Even NYC is like that now! Back in the 80s and 90s, a dude would go to the hospital if he sustained enough injury to him...but not to jail as long as nobody was killed nor razor-gutted (although surviving the razor slashes).
Irizarry, where is that girl in your avatar from? Is she tall? The more I see her, the more I want her, lol.

Regarding question of OP, I think the most honest answer is that none of us here know for sure (unless a few of the living have been given special access somehow to whatever comes after mortal life). Uncertainty is scary. I sure hope its all good. But for now, I can only speculate on what's to come.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Rock wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:f**k no. That's why I go raw. And that's one of the reasons i loathe America: cannot fight without going to jail anymore!!

Irizarry, where is that girl in your avatar from? Is she tall? The more I see her, the more I want her, lol.

Regarding question of OP, I think the most honest answer is that none of us here know for sure (unless a few of the living have been given special access somehow to whatever comes after mortal life). Uncertainty is scary. I sure hope its all good. But for now, I can only speculate on what's to come.
She's Dominican straight from D.R. :O) ...and she's about 5'4" she told me.

- E. Irizarry (2009)

- E. Irizarry (2012)

Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Rock wrote:

Maybe from Santiago? Seems like a lot of hot girls there for some reason. 5'4" is on the short side. But I bet you still wanna hit that! Plan on going back to DR anytime soon to close the deal?

To OPer, sorry for the distraction. All I know for sure is that I don't know what comes after so-called death. Not knowing what's to come is an exciting and scary feeling.
Empyrian
Freshman Poster

Post by Empyrian »

I'm interested in preparing myself sooner rather than later. An interesting quote from one of favorite movies, Ghost Dog, was borrowed from the bushido code.

"The Way of the Samurai is found in death. Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead. This is the substance of the way of the samurai."

I think it can free you in some ways. I had a bad trip on LSD and thought my heart had stopped at one point. I experienced a flash of tightness in my chest and my eyes closed and things started to fade to black for a couple seconds. I was thoroughly convinced that I had really done it, and that that was it for me. When I was still alive, I felt like I had broke a barrier, since I had already been forced to prepare for death.
Abolish fear; abolish doubt; dismiss pride.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Rock wrote: Irizarry, where is that girl in your avatar from? Is she tall? The more I see her, the more I want her, lol.
She's riding that horse for a while now, she must be getting aroused.
Ginger
Freshman Poster

Post by Ginger »

:)
Last edited by Ginger on July 6th, 2013, 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do not promise to be gingerly :P
lavezzi
Junior Poster

Post by lavezzi »

the purpose of life is very clear: to become conscious. whether death is the end or not has no bearing on this. fear of death is no different than fear of not getting the new shoes you want; it is an idea which arises in your mind and is labelled as negative and attributed with such an emotion in your body. many overly emotional people are actually not even aware that emotion is generated in the chest area because they are so focused on and caught up in the delusions the emotions are being assosiated with. if they would just become aware of the process and stop identifying with it they could become free of it.

there is nothing in life to acheive. gaining an inner peace which allows you to be happy regardless of what you are doing is the only thing worth while. its a very simple and pleasent life everyone takes far too seriously which is what causes unpleasentness. if death comes and that is the end then so be it. i will not respond to the idea irrationality. what do humans really expect to 'gain' from the eternal life they seem to crave so desperately?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

lavezzi wrote:
there is nothing in life to acheive. gaining an inner peace which allows you to be happy regardless of what you are doing is the only thing worth while.
This not "the only thing worthwhile". Not at all.

But it is the first and most important thing.

I am sure you will agree if you think about it.