True Freedom = No Job, Marriage, Children or Mortgage

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
TheLight954
Freshman Poster

Re: True Freedom = No Job, Marriage, Children or Mortgage

Post by TheLight954 »

What do you think about a post-apocalyptic society?
statnerd
Freshman Poster

Post by statnerd »

I don't have a marriage, children, or mortgage. I live frugally, and I'm planning on ditching the working world in my mid to late 40s to move abroad.

Spending my days eating wonderful food, exploring, travelling to nearby countries, learning a new language, and adjusting to a different culture will be a heck of a lot more satisfying than shuffling papers and putting up with crabby bosses and co-workers in a cube farm. Marriage, children, and mortgage are all about constraints which is why I have never been interested. The only reason why I've had jobs is for the money.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

I've never been married, had a mortgage or had kids but I've still felt imprisoned. I've taken inspiration from Henri "Papillon" Charrière and I know now my time for freedom is close. The secret is never to give up and to fight tooth and nail for what's rightfully yours. It's your world as much as anyone else's and nobody has the right to dictate to you if you're a peace loving individual who wishes no harm to others.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

I am a married father of three children, I have a nice house, a nice family and I earn enough to support us all well and to live comfortably. I eat good food, I go places, life is good and I have few complaints. I'm not "there" yet but then again I am only in my late twenties at this point and it's a curve, things take time. I wouldn't feel better or more successful in life if I had no wife or no children. Having no wife would allow me more time and resources to pursue other women for sex, if that was my ultimate desire in life. Even now I still could if I was so inclined. But having children is honestly an amazing experience and it wouldn't be worth trading that experience for 'true freedom', IMO.

My eldest two are now at an age where I can actually have little conversations with them, and it's awesome. If I had a slightly bigger house, a slightly bigger bank account and wore designer suits I wouldn't feel happier than I do now, unless I had all those things while still having the wife and kids.

Plus a wife, a good one, is nice too. I'm out right now as I had an operation. Took a week off from work. My wife and firstborn just came upstairs to my room and gave me breakfast in bed. I like that sort of thing. If I was single and rich I could have had a servant or stay-in-girlfriend to do the same for me, maybe, but with my wife it comes from a place of love.

I realize this is not for everyone, but it is for me, the ideal, or pretty damn close to it.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Out of marriage, children & a mortgage, the latter is the one that should be avoided. I'm not totally against marriage but you need to choose extremely wisely and she has be a model wife, and a mother, if you decide to have kids. You also need to be financially adept. Struggling to make ends meet coupled with bringing up a family is for suckers.

I was never that interested in having kids anyway and I'm past that stage now. I enjoy my own space and time immensely so kids aren't really suited to my personality. I just want to be free from toiling for meagre pay in a toxic society and I would like to share my freedom with a good woman who doesn't want to have kids and likes to travel. Whoever that is will have to earn that right though. Those who enjoy free lunches need not apply.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I am always sceptical of enslaved men who claim that they are happy in their servitude to wife and family. They have to work themselves to early death, they are always in debt, and their children frequently turn out to be disasters soon to be unleashed on society.

I think since these men are programmed from an early age to acheive this model, they consider themselves happy because they achieved what the model requires.

That there are fathers who kill themselves, leave their families, and abandon their children is proof that such a life is not all roses and rainbows. Quite frankly, it sucks as a lifestyle, but these guys are forced to fool themselves into thinking they are "happy" when we all know they are not.

Don't believe me, just listen to some of the weak justifications they give for being so "happy." Some of you might remember @MrMAN bragging that he gets to have boring sex with the same aging hag that is his wive, and his wive keeps his social calender for him so he can be dragged around town like a rag doll by his wife. That sounds MISERABLE, but these guys cannnot bring themselves to actually admit it.

How many of these idiots actually appear "happy?" I bet they all would claim to be so if asked.

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Those guys don't look happy if they have all "dad bodes" like that lower-right picture. Just saying.
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

IF you live in a place with traditional patriarchal laws and culture, traditional patriarchal marriage is fine and dandy. The man has the authority, the man has the final say in each decision. Neither his family nor his money can be arbitrarily taken from him, incentivizing him to invest in wife, kids, and home. Though the loss of freedom is no small price to pay, the payoff comes later when the kids are grown and begin to have kids of their own. It is a tried and true strategy to not be lonely in your later years and to exit life with the satisfaction of having built something that persists.

If instead you live in a place with egalitarian laws and culture such as a Western country...just forget about a traditional marriage! Run screaming from the very idea!
Don't even look for the "right" woman. The right woman can become the wrong woman later down the line and leave you on a whim taking from you everything you built. Only a fool enters into traditional marriage in a Western country.

If you live in an egalitarian country, egalitarian marriage is the only kind of marriage that should ever be considered.
By that I mean a marriage in which the woman contributes equally to the man. She needs to be earning her own money, paying half of the rent, half of all expenses. And since it is difficult to raise kids when both parents are working (and they tend not to turn out so well), having any kids at all is not recommended, thus defeating the main reason for marriage in the first place.

Therefore, egalitarian marriage is close to being pointless. But it is an option for those who still want it.

What's that you say? You say you can't find a woman who will marry a man who isn't making more money than herself? You say you've seen statistics that women are apt to abandon and/or cheat on men who aren't contributing more to the relationship than herself?

Well, that should tell you something about women's capacity to actually love as an equal.

Perhaps after enough generations of women dying alone (complaining "where have all the good men gone?" all the while) they will evolve the capacity. This can only happen if men marry ONLY the ones who are actually able to live up to the egalitarian model Westerners are hell-bent on following until the miracle happens, or until Western society collapses due to low birth rate, whichever comes first.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

If people can find happiness in marriage and family I think that is great but for me and being informed as I am to a degree I will pass. Future generations planet here has turned into a complete mess in to many regards for my taste to nest here and indicaters are a major die off of humanity is coming shortly and denying this is well in denial.
Time to Hide!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

flowerthief00 wrote:
March 22nd, 2019, 10:55 pm
IF you live in a place with traditional patriarchal laws and culture, traditional patriarchal marriage is fine and dandy. The man has the authority, the man has the final say in each decision.
Even that is a myth. Esther Vilar's book, The Manipulated Man, debunks this misconception so thoroughly that if you read that book, you'll be furious at the people who created this impression in your mind.
flowerthief00 wrote: Neither his family nor his money can be arbitrarily taken from him, incentivizing him to invest in wife, kids, and home.
Not true.... Hypergamy is ALWAYS at threat to a man. High-value or extremely beautiful women in traditional societies are known to trade up to a higher status husband when they can, or to become pregnant by a higher value man while the lesser man raises the offspring as his own. This is the true cuckold scenario and the term comes from traditional, patriarchal times.
flowerthief00 wrote: Though the loss of freedom is no small price to pay, the payoff comes later when the kids are grown and begin to have kids of their own. It is a tried and true strategy to not be lonely in your later years and to exit life with the satisfaction of having built something that persists.
Poppycock! If that is what you consider "the payoff," than your life must be devoid of any true joy and satisfaction. Without even touching the issue of kids who grow up to be huge disappointments, I think it is foolish to slave away to wife and family just for the possibility of having offspring to leave behind.

You come into the world alone and you will leave it alone also. Having a smattering of people around your deathbed does not justify being a miserable slave to wife and family. Everyone's life sucks at the end! It is retarded to design your entire life around the possibility that your end of life experience might be a little less sucky because you will not be alone. A better strategy is to life your life to full enjoyment with freedom, wealth, health, adventure, professional accomplishment, and fulfillment. Those of us who do that know that living 70 years of absolute bliss, and 5 years of decline is far better than 60 years of work and servitude and 20 years of family assisted decline. Note that the married man lives to 80 versus 75 for the free man. Those are extra years that I would gladly forgo just to have the privilege of living free, happy, and absolutely fulfilled.

-Never listen to married men who want you to sacrifice and suffer just as they do.
-Never listen to women who want you to aspire to be a slave for some woman somewhere.
-Never listen to religious nuts who simply want to advance the agenda of their faith, your agenda be damned.
-Never listen to "traditionalists" who have no clue that the agenda of the tradition is not in your interest as a man.
-Stay MGTOW or deeply regret it later.

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

flowerthief00 wrote:
IF Though the loss of freedom is no small price to pay, the payoff comes later when the kids are grown and begin to have kids of their own. It is a tried and true strategy to not be lonely in your later years and to exit life with the satisfaction of having built something that persists.
You need to look at it from a different angle. There's absolutely no guarantee that children will look after their parents in their swansong. Both the parents or children could die before it gets that far. The child/children could have mental or physical problems, turn into nasty, selfish or rebellious individuals or simply fall out with their parents. There's numerous potential outcomes that need considering. Anyhow, it's not morally correct to bring children into this world for strategic purposes.

I would say one of the most crucial junctures in your life is when you're a young adult. It doesn't last forever so enjoy it while you can without the need for expensive complications such as kids and relationships. Worry about being lonely nearer the time because that time may never come. If it does, get a cat.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Zambales wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 7:15 am
Worry about being lonely nearer the time because that time may never come. If it does, get a cat.
A cat won't look after you and nor will the government. You just need to accept that you're f***ed.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Zambales wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:
IF Though the loss of freedom is no small price to pay, the payoff comes later when the kids are grown and begin to have kids of their own. It is a tried and true strategy to not be lonely in your later years and to exit life with the satisfaction of having built something that persists.
You need to look at it from a different angle. There's absolutely no guarantee that children will look after their parents in their swansong. Both the parents or children could die before it gets that far. The child/children could have mental or physical problems, turn into nasty, selfish or rebellious individuals or simply fall out with their parents. There's numerous potential outcomes that need considering. Anyhow, it's not morally correct to bring children into this world for strategic purposes.

I would say one of the most crucial junctures in your life is when you're a young adult. It doesn't last forever so enjoy it while you can without the need for expensive complications such as kids and relationships. Worry about being lonely nearer the time because that time may never come. If it does, get a cat.
Very much correct, although I am in my fifties now and I am having more fun than most 20 year olds are having. I don't know how long this "fun" will last, but I still prefer it over a wife and family to whom I choose to be enslaved
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 8:00 am
Zambales wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

Very much correct, although I am in my fifties now and I am having more fun than most 20 year olds are having. I don't know how long this "fun" will last, but I still prefer it over a wife and family to whom I choose to be enslaved
:+1: :+1: :+1:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
March 23rd, 2019, 8:00 am
Zambales wrote:
flowerthief00 wrote:

I do understand that in the West, marriage is often a suicide move for men. It can be considerably different other places. I'm really not feeling my misery - married to a good Filipina who sees to it I get waited on hand and foot. Financially, when I met my wife, she was from a modest middle class family, mother father and brother, but her family has since inherited extensive land holdings in the Philippines, moving them into the wealthy category by any standard. I'm not feeling the slavery bit, sorry that I'm not miserable...lol