Why is the grass always greener on the other side?

Discuss deep philosophical topics and questions.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: - What you want the most is always the hardest to get, and what you want the least is the easiest to get.

- By the time someone becomes financially independent, they will have lost their youth, be over the hill and less attractive, so that they can't enjoy their freedom as much as if they were young.

- Great jobs that involve travel usually go to men with families, rather than to men who are free and single.

- When I am at an intersection and don't know which way to turn, and take a random guess, 90 percent of the time I make the wrong turn. How can a 50/50 chance go wrong 90 percent of the time?!

- Why does traffic increase when you are late? Why do other cars in front of you move slower when you are late?

1. See: Supply and Demand model of price determination.

2. For women, yes. For men, not necessarily. A women who spends 12 years to become financially well off will never recover her lost sexual market value and cannot date young men easily. A 35 year old man who is financially well off is still a good catch and can date young women.

3. Why do you think "great jobs that involve travel usually go to men with families rather than men who are single"?

4. Look at the sun and time of the day to determine your direction. Or buy a GPS.

5. Check traffic online or get a GPS with live traffic feed and traffic avoidance feature.
Supply and demand doesn't explain everything. It doesn't explain why when I take a 50/50 chance at an intersection, 90 percent of the time I take the wrong turn. It doesn't explain why when I'm with a girl or date, a lot more friendly hot girls appear around me, than when I am alone. This happens even in Angeles City, EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! There's on fricking way it could be just a coincidence. For example, when I'm around Dianne, HOT CHEERFUL girls start appearing everywhere - in jeepneys, buses, streets, bars, etc. But when I'm alone, they hardly ever come up. But around Dianne, they come up every 5 minutes! This is NOT selective memory. I am VERY observant and have noticed this OVER AND OVER AGAIN MANY TIMES! It's unbelievable! But true! There is definitely some kind of "Murphy's Law" force that works against your desires and makes things go the opposite of what you want, almost like a practical joker. This is NOT something that can be explained by supply and demand. No way. You are being way too simplistic here. Not everything in life or the universe is explainable.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
- William Shakespeare
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Supply and demand doesn't explain everything. It doesn't explain why when I take a 50/50 chance at an intersection, 90 percent of the time I take the wrong turn. It doesn't explain why when I'm with a girl or date, a lot more friendly hot girls appear around me, than when I am alone.
When you're driving, are you consciously aware of what direction you're heading?

Can you determine your heading by the position of the sun?
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Winston you are so naive. clearly the illuminati and the jews are to blame. they want you to be angry so you do not have the clear mind to analyze their tricks. your thoughts are so 70s. ask odbo :)

just kidding, you are right this life is not ment to make us happy. it´s a gigantic fight (fisting) club. the sperm warriors have to go for their goals. and yes their is always anouther goal. shurly I have never met a really happy person in my life.

sometimes it feels good to accept that you can not be happy. so it´s the closest where you come to it.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

momopi wrote:
Winston wrote: Supply and demand doesn't explain everything. It doesn't explain why when I take a 50/50 chance at an intersection, 90 percent of the time I take the wrong turn. It doesn't explain why when I'm with a girl or date, a lot more friendly hot girls appear around me, than when I am alone.
When you're driving, are you consciously aware of what direction you're heading?

Can you determine your heading by the position of the sun?
Sometimes. We all subconsciously know the time and direction. But I am talking about randomly guessing at an intersection, esp when you don't have time to think about it cause there are cars behind you. Anyway, the point is, this along with many phenomena in life, has nothing to do with supply and demand or simple explainable things.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote: Sometimes. We all subconsciously know the time and direction. But I am talking about randomly guessing at an intersection, esp when you don't have time to think about it cause there are cars behind you. Anyway, the point is, this along with many phenomena in life, has nothing to do with supply and demand or simple explainable things.
Since I'm not you, I cannot say why you think whenever you're out with Diane, other women around you suddenly look more attractive and friendly.

But I will say that, while driving, you should always consciously know what direction you're going. Hypothetically, you might know subconsciously or intuitively what direction you're going and which way you should turn, but your conscious mind is being a "rebel without a cause" and sending you in the opposite direction.

If you really believe that there's some unexplained force screwing with you, do a dice throw test. Write down odd or even, then toss a handful of 6-sided dice and write down the results. Statistically speaking your odds are 50/50 for odd/even results on 6-sided dice (2-4-6 vs. 1-3-5). So if you wrote "even", toss 6 dice per hand, 10 times, and write down the results. 6 x 10 = 60 dice, if you think you should be wrong 90% of the time, then 54 dice should come up with odd numbers (1-3-5).
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Isn't it funny that when your life is full of action and excitement, you yearn for rest, peace and stillness, but when your life is full of peace and stillness everyday, you get bored and start wanting some action and stimulation? It's like you can never be satisfied. Perhaps we are meant to be dissatisfied, otherwise we will never do anything?

abcdavid01
Experienced Poster

Post by abcdavid01 »

Girls care about status. If you have a girlfriend, other girls will take notice because suddenly you're a catch. You have more value than if you were single. It even says in The Game that it helps enormously to have a female friend with you as a wing-woman.