Rooshv Forum bans discussion of pre-marital sex and other sinful behavior

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Rooshv Forum bans discussion of pre-marital sex and other sinful behavior

Post by Shemp »

https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-73256.html

Will Winston be the next to turn away from sin? Is that what was meant by those recent threads about why Chinese people don't discuss UFOs, etc?

Speaking of Chinese, have you guys heard of the Chad Chang phenomenon?

Neo
Junior Poster

Re: RooshVForum bans discussion of pre-marital sex and other sinful behavior

Post by Neo »

He should probably just delete the whole forum. Also, a man shouldn't be disclosing the sex he does with his wife either. That's their business, not everyone's business.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

90% of his books are based on premarital sex and the hunt for it. Will he take those books off the market also? If he does, he better find an actual job.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

He's single and isn't big on consumerism, so very low need for money if no longer trying to get girls. Parents are well-to-do, so he can always live in their basement, worst comes to worst. It's obvious he was never very money motivated because he never tried to monetize his forum. No advertising, in particular.

Roosh never seemed like a guy who was comfortable in his own skin, so I'm not to surprised by this change. Winston, on the other hand, does seem comfortable with who he is, so I'm joking about him making a similar big change, whether a swerve to religion or an opposite direction swerve into opium smoking, dog eating, lean and muscular Chad Chang. Though you never know...
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

So he's basically gone insane then. What is it with all these e-celebs and going insane? Doosh, Andy Warski, Baked Alaska...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

RooshV is really a strange guy.... finally gives up with his PUA ideas?

I wonder if it is not better for him to close down his forum.

He is clearly not my type of a man and it was never a forum I used for posting even a single comment...
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:20 pm
90% of his books are based on premarital sex and the hunt for it. Will he take those books off the market also? If he does, he better find an actual job.
Yes, he did...
I may delete blog posts. I have taken 11 books out of print so far.

https://www.rooshvstore.com/out-of-print/
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on June 3rd, 2019, 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Shemp wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 12:39 pm
.....It's obvious he was never very money motivated because he never tried to monetize his forum. No advertising, in particular.
This cannot be said so easily, he made money out of his rather questionable publications...and got in serious troubles...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roosh_V
Valizadeh has self-published more than a dozen sex and travel guides, most of which discuss picking up and having sex with women in specific countries. His advice, his videos and his writings have received widespread criticism, including accusations of misogyny, promotion of rape, and antisemitism.

Many of Valizadeh's publications have been taken down. On May 30, 2018, DreamHost took down Kings Wiki. On September 10, 2018, several of Valizadeh's books were removed from Amazon.com's self-publishing platform. He was also sanctioned by YouTube, another source of revenue for him, for violating their rules. On October 1, 2018, citing a loss of revenue and traffic due to PayPal's and Disqus's terminating their partnerships with him, Valizadeh announced Return of Kings would no longer be publishing new articles.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Cornfed wrote:
May 23rd, 2019, 3:26 pm
So he's basically gone insane then. What is it with all these e-celebs and going insane? Doosh, Andy Warski, Baked Alaska...
He also mentioned a "mushroom trip" he took recently, and says he is writing an 8000 word screed about what happened. Maybe he talked personally to God while tripping, and God told him to reform.

His conversion is to Orthodox Christianity. He references following family as example of what religion can bring a man: http://orthochristian.com/121228.html
Does indeed seem like a happy family and maybe the church provides a good framework for forming and sustaining such families. Irrelevant to me, since I'm certain I'm not cut out to be a family man, but might be interesting to other men.

Where Christianity went wrong, IMO, is making it's symbols literal and otherwise making the religion inhospitable to higher intellects like me. (Because I'm a selfish and unrepentant whoremonger and hedonist, all religions are inhospitable to me for day to day existence, but at least they don't have to be foolish from an intellectual perspective.) For example, Christ on a cross is a symbol of the human condition: mix of spirit (or mind) and body, yearning to be pure spirit, not subject to bodily pain and material limitations and able to live in pure imagination, but tied by necessity to the cross of matter. In Western Church, Christ's face is shown as tormented. In the Eastern Church, Christ face is shown as serene. Both versions are valid, but I think the Eastern is better. And plenty more such symbols, such as the Virgin, who is Mother Nature, the Father (symbolized by a book) who is the moral code of society, etc. By insisting that these profound symbols be taken literally, the Church chased out intellectual types like myself. Compare with Hindism, where you have similar profound images that are taken literally by the lower intellects, but the higher intellects are free to interpret these images in symbolic terms. Of course, Hinduism has other flaws.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Roosh bascially hit the wall before 40. He couldn't pull women anymore, so questioned his worth in life. Roosh was an extreme. He thought he could bang his way into becoming a man, but he never had the ability to have a long-time relationship with a woman. Most people are the opposite, they looking for a long term relationship and may get banged along the way.

Roosh followers will diminish to almost nothing. He got all his followers because they liked what he preached. Now he’s found God. Nobody ever follows David DeAngelo or Tucker Max anymore. Maybe Roosh will start his own church. He likes being the leader of unquestioning disciples, so maybe this is his calling. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited by WorldTraveler on May 12th, 2020, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

The timing of this revelation tells me that this is a strategy to become eligible to use mainstream platforms and payment services. In early May before coming out as a "man of faith," Roosh announced his 2019 USA tour: https://www.rooshv.com/usa-tour-2019

To facilitate continuous payments and prevent backlash, I believe he concocted this new "faith" motif to keep the heat off of himself.

I am no longer in the USA so I will not be attending his tour, but I am 100% confident that the content of his tour will not be theological in nature. People already paid to see Roosh and they will get quintessential Roosh during the tour.

Part of me also wants to say that he is setting up an exploitable scenario where he can file multiple lawsuits for religious discrimination if he gets deplatformed or locked out of payment systems again.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

He only took out of print books that weren't making money. Like Bang and the Bang country guides which are dated. If he was serious about his new calling in life, he would have removed Day Bang, Game, Poosy Paradise and 30 Bangs. He's releasing "Best of Roosh 2: Understanding Woman?" What does he know about women? He's never been in a long term relationship.

He will preach his religious conspiracy hate bullshit on his USA tour, if it even happens now. He will tell men to find a good woman and get married. He will say he lusted after women and you shouldn't. He's a born again. There is more money and more ignorant followers going this route, than to just get a job and admit you are not special.
WorldTraveler
Experienced Poster

Post by WorldTraveler »

Roosh's USA tour will be like an aging rock band's tour, but the band is not going to play any of their hits. That should go over well. My guess is that it will be cancelled for lack of interest.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

So will Roosh practice what he preaches, marry a woman, settle down and live a traditional lifestyle free of sin?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144