Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown - dead at 61

Discuss news and current events around the world.
TruthSeeker
Junior Poster

Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown - dead at 61

Post by TruthSeeker »

Anthony Michael Bourdain was an American celebrity chef, author, and television personality. He was noted by popular sources as one of the most influential chefs in the world. Wikipedia

Cause of death - suicide Strasbourg, France

chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown - dead at 61

Post by chanta76 »

Really sad. He must of have allot of demons inside. He had money. He had a great job. Still in the end his demon got to him.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why would he commit suicide in such a romantic soulful culture like France? Makes no sense. Was he murdered? Did he have enemies? What a life. He was traveling around the world eating the best food and being paid for it by the Travel Channel. Such an ideal life. Why would he be depressed? That makes no sense. Many people would kill for his lifestyle. I never liked his show though. It was shallow and mundane and lame, with no depth or meaning. It was focused too much on food. Plus he lied when he went to Amsterdam and said that the women there were victims of "human trafficking" just to appease liberals and the PC crowd.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

One less anti-white racist Jew and terrible bore. May he roast in hell.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Why doesn't the CNN article about Bourdain's suicide explain WHY he would commit suicide? Strange.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/08/us/a ... index.html

Btw, suicide rates are up now in the US, especially among women.

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/04/22/heal ... index.html

The successful fashion designer and magazine editor Kate Spade also committed suicide in her luxurious Manhattan apartment. Why would someone rich and successful wanna kill herself? Makes no sense. Not logical.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/06/05/us/k ... index.html

Aren't these people who do this afraid that they will go to hell or a place that's worse than here? What if they reincarnate and have a shittier life, such as being born as a beggar in the Philippines or Africa and having nothing to eat and no money? Don't they consider that? Don't they consider that everything could be worse for them in their next life? Or are they atheists who don't believe in any afterlife or continuation of the soul?

@Adama why aren't these people afraid they could go to hell or a worse place? Don't they have any fear of the unknown? Or are they godless atheists who expect no afterlife? Or are they possessed by demons and hence have no self control over what they do? Why don't these people try to get professional help?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Lots of people don't believe in hell. Some simply believe that death is an end to all suffering.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The reason Anthony Bourdain took his own life.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 11:15 pm
Lots of people don't believe in hell. Some simply believe that death is an end to all suffering.
But how would they know that? They aren't God. Aren't they afraid of the unknown? Don't they consider that? Maybe they aren't smart enough to philosophize about such things?

This is one of the negative consequences of Atheism that should be mentioned, but even Christian apologists like Frank Turek don't dare to mention it for some reason. He is way too nice and easy on them.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Winston wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 11:23 pm
Adama wrote:
But how would they know that? They aren't God. Aren't they afraid of the unknown? Don't they consider that? Maybe they aren't smart enough to philosophize about such things?

This is one of the negative consequences of Atheism that should be mentioned, but even Christian apologists like Frank Turek don't dare to mention it for some reason. He is way too nice and easy on them.
Lots of people don't believe a place of eternal torment could ever possibly exist or be real. It is too harsh of a reality for them to accept. They think it is too great a punishment.

However, I must add: I know nothing about Anthony Bourdain's eternal destiny, and I would not speculate on it whatsoever. For all I know, he is currently in paradise and heaven.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:
June 9th, 2018, 10:16 am
Winston wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 11:23 pm
Adama wrote:

Lots of people don't believe a place of eternal torment could ever possibly exist or be real. It is too harsh of a reality for them to accept. They think it is too great a punishment.

However, I must add: I know nothing about Anthony Bourdain's eternal destiny, and I would not speculate on it whatsoever. For all I know, he is currently in paradise and heaven.
Well there's no logical reason to believe in an eternal hell, and no proof of it either. However, what I meant was that they could go to a worse place than here, so why don't they consider that possibility? Aren't people naturally afraid of the unknown?

Also, anyone who studies NDE's know that the hellish accounts of NDE's are usually from those who were bad or tried to commit suicide but didn't succeed. So that could be sort of an evidence.

Or it could be that suiciders are in so much suffering and pain that they think that anywhere, including hell, would be better than this life. When you are in extreme pain, that's how you think.

Also, some or most of suiciders probably have a biochemical imbalance. And medication doesn't help much. So eventually they suffer too much and see no way out.

Remember that Rock's friend, Ava Paige, was like that too. She had a good life and good future, but she was depressed from a biochemical imbalance in her brain, which could not be helped or fixed by drugs. So she saw no other way out and was tired of the suffering.

So it's likely that these suiciders have a biochemical imbalance that causes their depression. Not a depression from bad circumstances. If it was bad circumstances, they could just wait for things to get better or go on the upswing cycle. Or take a vacation and chill out somewhere. Or talk to a friend or therapist. They know that depression from circumstances is temporary. But depression from biochemical imbalance is like a hell they can't control or get rid of, so it's like a mental prison that they can't escape from. That's the only theory that makes sense.

It could also be that some of them are demon possessed. Sometimes demon possession may manifest as mental illness too. Or if they are celebrities, they may have made a pact with the devil for their fame and stardom, and eventually the devil comes to collect and takes them somehow. There are a long list of rock stars that may have suffered this fate. The movie "American Satan" depicts this deal with the devil that rock stars make. And it may be literal, not figurative. Who knows.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Cornfed wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 10:20 pm
One less anti-white racist Jew and terrible bore. May he roast in hell.
He was a Jew? How do you know? Did he say he was against white people? How so? Well he was on TV so he had to be very politically correct. Otherwise you don't get to be on a TV show.

Btw I never understood what was so good about his show. Anyone can travel the world and eat different foods and show it on camera. That's no big deal and takes no skill or talent. Any average person can do that. So what was so special about him? Did him being a Jew get him special connections in show biz? I didn't see anything special about him. He didn't even have any charisma. He was just an average man.

Also, how did he stay so thin while eating so much? Most men his age have a pot belly.

Also, he didn't seem to age well. He looked older than 61. He must have had a hard life. In contrast, look at George Clooney, who ages very well.

blacktee
Freshman Poster

Post by blacktee »

Winston wrote:
June 8th, 2018, 10:03 pm
Why would he commit suicide in such a romantic soulful culture like France? Why would he be depressed?
Easy.

An imbalance gut biome can make you suicidal/mentally ill. Does selenium poisoning care if you're having a good time? Traveling the world he was probably taking all kinds of antibiotics that throw his system out of balance.

The old story is that depression is caused by a deficiency of neurotransmitters like serotonin. This ‘serotonin model’ led to widespread treatment using selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors such as Zoloft and Prozac. If you’ve been diagnosed with depression, your doctor may have said that you’re “just born that way.” And you may worry that having a depressed family member means that you’ll get depression too.

However, gamechanging science is showing that our destinies are not written in our genes. Further, data revealing that Zoloft and Prozac don’t work (and create dangerous side effects!), along with a mountain of research studies, have debunked the deterministic serotonin model of depression. Instead, we’re finding that depression is often a symptom of chronic inflammation cause by an imbalance gut biome .
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

An interesting fact about depression is that is doesn't occur in Hunter-gatherer communities like in Papua New Guinea. While we might look down on the people there as primitive - in fact every man out in the jungle is much smarter and stronger than anyone of us. He can use many tools, recognize and conquer many dangers. He is not specialized like us and has muscles of iron. So depression is a disease of civilization and what about Anthony Bourdain?

I read Bourdain's book Kitchen Confidential about seven years ago and enjoyed it. Anthony was once a heroin addict. I think once you've abused a drug like this your baseline mood is lower than it once was - you are forever struggling against low mood. Heroin is not supposed to effect your body long term, but what about your brain?

Winston brings up an interesting point: how did Bourdain eat and drink so much and stay so thin? I think the secret is he just about never ate off camera because he was constantly tired and strung out from his brutal travelling and filming schedule. It seems weird that a guy at the top of the industry couldn't pick his hours - but that's the way it is - people are scared if they don't go full tilt another program will come along and steal their audience. An aging Bourdain probably feared irrelevance and obscurity. It's not like you drink a beer with Barack Obama in Vietnam once and are satisfied - you want more - the addicts mind always looking for the next buzz. Bourdain did ju jitsu and so this is another reason he was so slim - he was an older guy trying to keep up with younger women, his ex-wife Octavia was an MMA fighter. It's hard to say what his relationship with his current girlfriend Asia Argento was like. She certainly has some weird tattoos - but how can we judge whether she was a help or hindrance?

I liked Bourdain's original TV show "No Reservations" - however of late with "Parts Unknown" I got a bit bored of him. His knowledge of the countries he visited wasn't that in depth and he was sure to mix a bit of "everybody is the same because the enjoy good food" with liberal politics while wearing a Ramones t-shirt. Nevertheless he may have gone through another change in his life - said f**k it to TV - and come back with another interesting book. RIP Tony.
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
snede
Freshman Poster

Post by snede »

For a former heroin addict to hang himself with the belt from a robe just doesn't ring true to me. I think the conspiracy folks bring up a lot of doubt about it being suicide, particularly since he was on the bad side of the Clinton Machine.

I'm not saying it wasn't suicide, but I have serious doubts.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

snede wrote:
June 10th, 2018, 3:33 pm
For a former heroin addict to hang himself with the belt from a robe just doesn't ring true to me. I think the conspiracy folks bring up a lot of doubt about it being suicide, particularly since he was on the bad side of the Clinton Machine.

I'm not saying it wasn't suicide, but I have serious doubts.
If the Clinton Machine did kill him then it just goes to show that even a broken clock is right twice a day.