Art Bell, the legendary paranormal radio host, dies at age 72

Discuss news and current events around the world.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Art Bell, the legendary paranormal radio host, dies at age 72

Post by jamesbond »

Radio host Art Bell, famous for his show “Coast to Coast AM” and its "X-Files"-flavored focus on the paranormal, died Friday (his fans will note, that was Friday the 13th) at the age of 72, Nevada authorities confirmed Saturday.

Bell died at his Pahrump, Nev., home, Nye County Sheriff Sharon Wehrly announced in a Facebook post to the community. She described him as a “longtime resident” of the area and said an autopsy to confirm the cause of death would be performed later this week.

“Coast to Coast AM” confirmed the news on Twitter, saying its staff was "profoundly saddened with the news that the creator and original host of Coast to Coast AM, Art Bell, has passed away at the age of 72."

Before “Coast to Coast AM” began, Bell, who was born in 1945, was in the Air Force during the Vietnam War and there he “indulged his childhood passion for radio by operating a pirate radio station,” according to the obituary.

During Bell’s National Radio Hall of Fame induction in 2008, his former business partner, Alan Corbeth, said no one was better than Bell at understanding “how to create theater of the mind.”

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... at-72.html
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

SteveUKR
Freshman Poster

Re: Art Bell Dies At Age 72

Post by SteveUKR »

I liked Art Bell over his successor George Noory.

Art was a chain smoker and married a Filipina bride. He was a great guy. RIP Art Bell.

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Art Bell Dies At Age 72

Post by jamesbond »

Here is George Noory announcing the passing of Art Bell on his show Coast to Coast on Friday night April 13.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Art Bell, the legendary paranormal radio host, dies at age 72

Post by Winston »

Do any of you ever listen to Art Bell's old podcasts? I've been listening to a lot of his podcast archives which had a lot of great guests and topics I'm into. However, the more I listen to him the more I realize he was kind of a dick and asshole to his callers. He was only nice to guests. Deep down he was kind of an arrogant dick and egotistical too. I dont understand why all his callers kiss his ass when they call in. hes not really a nice guy deep down. George Noory is far nicer.

One major annoying thing about Art Bell is that he cuts off callers when they are making an important point and interrupts them and changes the flow of the conversation and the caller is never asked to finish his point later. Thats annoying and makes me wanna pull my hair out. Do u notice that too? Why didnt anyone tell Art Bell to stop doing that?

Art bell had a lot of personality flaws and his people skills werent very good when u listen to him longer u realize this. Do u guys notice this too?

If i were interviewing someone and interrupted them id make sure to ask them to finish their point later. But Art Bell never does that. Very annoying. He had personality flaws clearly and shitty people skills. He was only nice to certain guests he liked. U can sense in his voice that hes very egotistical. Even though his voice was engaging.

In contrast George Noory doesnt interrupt as much. He has far better people skills. So does George Knapp.

Do any of you notice that too? That the more u listen to Art Bell the more u realize that deep down he was a dick?

He never deserved all that ass kissing that all his callers gave him.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Did they ever figure out why Art Bell suddenly died? Was his chain smoking a factor? With all those freethinkers he talked to on his show, he should have been educated in healthy holistic living and health.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

George Noory is nicer to his callers than Art Bell was. I have heard all sorts of rumors on what the real cause of Art Bell's death was, we may never know the truth.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What was the official cause from the official autopsy? Anything suspicious about it? Did he have lung cancer from smoking? I heard he was into black magic. Not sure if that was true or not.

Yeah George Noory doesnt act egotistical and arrogant. Hes a lot nicer and not a dick deep down. I wonder why so all the callers kissed Art Bells ass. He didn't deserve that and isnt anything special or unique. He just had a dynamic engaging voice that became legend. But when u hear the way he cut people off during calls, often unjustly and rudely and unnecessarily, u can tell he was a dick deep down.