Self-hating Black women rejoice in the first "Black" Duchess of England soon-to-be

Discuss news and current events around the world.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Self-hating Black women rejoice in the first "Black" Duchess of England soon-to-be

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bla ... d=51569550

Meghan doesn't consider herself Black and neither do I hence why I put "Black" in quotes because the one-drop one is so-ever pervasive here among the myopic ilk of the U.S. of Gay.

"But wuh wuh wait, it gets worse" - Slam - by Onyx (1993)

Guys, see the original headline I've uploaded before ABC changed it:

After Meghan Markle's engagement, some are celebrating [NOT ORIGINAL TITLE OF ARTICLE] – Original Title: “” ^^^^^
By JOI-MARIE MCKENZIE

Dec 5, 2017, 12:05 PM ET

Christopher Furlong/Getty Images
WatchHow Meghan Markle, Prince Harry kept their relationship under wraps while dating
Email
When Meghan Markle's engagement to Prince Harry was announced by his father's office last week, the world rejoiced. But a louder chorus, coming in a harmonized fashion from American black women, sang louder.
Interested in Royal Family?
Add Royal Family as an interest to stay up to date on the latest Royal Family news, video, and analysis from ABC News.
Royal Family
Add Interest
Twitter hashtags such as #blackgirlmagic and #blackprincess -- although royal experts have said Markle's official title will likely be duchess -- began trending almost immediately. Markle, 36, was called a real-life Princess Tiana, the fictional Disney princess of African-American heritage, and other tweets compared the former "Suits" star to fictional future queen Lisa McDowell of "Coming to America."
"Social media gives us the medium to celebrate any win collectively," Kimberly Foster, the founding editor of For Harriett, an online community centered on black women, told ABC News.
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle pose for photographers during the announcement of their engagement at the Sunken Gardens at Kensington Palace on Nov. 27, 2017 in London.more +
"By seeing Meghan Markle...and just seeing that she already had a great career," she added, "it means a lot to us because it means that there's hope for us in our personal lives."
Danielle Belton, managing editor of The Root, an online magazine dedicated to black culture, agreed. To her, Markle's engagement makes fairy tales seem attainable for black women.
"It’s a fantasy where even though you didn't get Prince Harry, part of you thinks maybe I could've ... maybe he was available," she said.
"He’s not available now," Belton added, laughing. "Meghan has that on lock."
Ian Watson/USA Network/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images
Meghan Markle as Rachel Zane in "Suits."
Meghan Markle has already described her dream wedding dress
All the details of Meghan Markle's engagement ring from Prince Harry
Prince Harry says 'stars were aligned' in engagement to Meghan Markle
But beyond the fanciful achievement, Markle's moment also points to a dearth of positive examples when it comes to black women on the world's stage. And many black women feel that the former actress, who identifies as biracial, fills in the gap.
"Black women miss Michelle Obama and I think we’ve been looking for somebody, something to be excited about," Tykeia Robinson, co-host of the adulting podcast "Gettin' Grown," told ABC News.
"We’ve not had someone to represent us in the media recently, and it’s just good to see something good happening to a woman, a black woman specifically, amidst all of the challenging news that we’ve been faced with this last few weeks," she added.
Samir Hussein/WireImage/Getty Images
Meghan Markle and mother Doria Radlan attend the Closing Ceremony on day 8 of the Invictus Games Toronto 2017 on Sept. 30, 2017 in Toronto. more +
Still, cultural experts express caution when looking at Markle's achievement as one black women can hold exclusively -- especially since Markle doesn't identify as either black or white.
In a poignant essay written for Elle magazine, Markle wrote that while growing up in the San Fernando Valley neighborhood of Los Angeles, she was often met with this question: "What are you?"
Markle said she watched as her African-American mother was asked by neighbors if she was the nanny and witnessed her mother being called the N-word over a parking spot. Her father, she wrote, is white.
And in one seemingly defining moment, when Markle said she was mandated to take a census in school, forced with the limiting scenario of choosing either white or black, Markle opted out.

Every time we see a woman flourishing and happy and loved and loving, that matters.
"You could only choose one, but that would be to choose one parent over the other -- and one half of myself over the other," she wrote.
When her teacher suggested she choose white 'because that's how you look, Meghan," the future television actress put her pen down in "confusion," she wrote.
"I couldn't bring myself to do that, to picture the pit-in-her-belly sadness my mother would feel if she were to find out," she continued. "So, I didn't tick a box. I left my identity blank -- a question mark, an absolute incomplete -- much like how I felt."
Later in life, Markle would grow into a "strong, confident mixed-race woman," she said.
And choosing that identifier matters amid black women's excitement, cultural experts say.
"Meghan Markle is claiming this experience ... and it kind of separates herself from some of these narratives about black women and black womanhood that make us feel affinity for her," Foster said. "There's a certain fluidity that she had that we don't have access to and that matters."
Max Mumby/Indigo/Getty Images
Meghan Markle attends a Terrence Higgins Trust World AIDS Day charity fair at Nottingham Contemporary on Dec. 1, 2017 in Nottingham, England. more +
But Foster was quick to note that Markle isn't immune to "anti-blackness in her life," pointing to how Kensington Palace condemned in an unprecedented statement the discriminatory "racial undertones" in some early coverage of Markle after she started dating Prince Harry.
Markle is also aware how her biracial identity doesn't preclude her from her own blackness.
In her Elle magazine essay, Markle wrote about Rodney King and the racially charged unrests in Ferguson, Missouri and Baltimore, Maryland, along with her enslaved ancestors and the first taste of freedom they'd eventually attain in 1865. She described the 13th Amendment, which abolished slavery in America, "so shatteringly recent."
Identity politics aside, many black women are still claiming Markle and her engagement as a win.
"Every time we see a woman flourishing and happy and loved and loving, that matters," Foster said.
Editor's Note: The story headline has been updated. The original headline misrepresented the intention of the story, which was to report on the excitement among some black women about Meghan Markle's joining the British royal family.
Disney is the parent company of ABC News.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Self-hating Black women rejoice in the first "Black" Duchess of England soon-to-be

Post by MrMan »

She's an attractive woman. But it seems to me that in the past, the queen or some royal traditionalists may have limited princes' options in regard to who they could marry. This woman is 36. Isn't the 'spare' supposed to produce heirs? He still might. But look at what Charles did. He married a really young woman, a pretty girl though he didn't seem to care that much for her. But he probably got pressure to marry someone on the prime end of fertility to keep the family going. Maybe the family doesn't care if the spare has an heir if the heir has an heir and a spare. They let girls be heirs and spares now. Maybe the pressure is off.

Still, if you are that big of a celebrity, why go for an American actress? Why not go for someone lower risk, just in terms of statistics or demographics?

I think I've seen a movie or two this woman was in, but don't remember her.

Royal advisers may see it as keeping with the times, as making the royal family more PC. So it is possible they support it for those reasons. She apparently has some royalty way back in her ancestry.
Last edited by MrMan on December 9th, 2017, 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Self-hating Black women rejoice in the first "Black" Duchess of England soon-to-be

Post by Cornfed »

I remember watching a TV program alleging that the real rightful king of England was some guy in the outback of Australia. It would be great if someone like him could take his rightful place on the throne and the current crypto-Zionist usurpers besmirching the monarchy brought to justice.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Cornfed wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 8:32 pm
I remember watching a TV program alleging that the real rightful king of England was some guy in the outback of Australia. It would be great if someone like him could take his rightful place on the throne and the current crypto-Zionist usurpers besmirching the monarchy brought to justice.

I think I saw the same thing. It was based on the idea that a woman in the royal lineage, maybe pre-tutor, got pregnant, possibly by an archer, while the king was away, and so the lineage after that was supposed to be illegitmate. But if Henry the VII'th didn't have the best claim and won by right of conquest, that invalidates the argument.

As I recall, the Australian had voted against the monarchy but said he might change his mind after finding out he might be the heir.

Are you upset that a bi-racial woman might marry into the royal family. Honestly, is she better-looking than some of the girls you have dated?
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I can't get past her age of 36. Some men, Prince Harry included, get caught up on how the woman looks at the moment. In five years he will forget how this woman looks. Granted, she looks about 28 but take away the hair paint, the face goop, and the yoga sculpting, and she is a throw-away.

Personally, I would not give her the time of day:

-Feminist
-American
-Middle Age and Past Child Bearing Prime
-Divorced
-Attention Whore (Hollywood actress)

This marriage will not end well. Mark my words....
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrMan wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 8:56 pm
Are you upset that a bi-racial woman might marry into the royal family.
Harry, William, George and possibly the rest of them are all Jews anyway, and so are rightfully ineligible for European peerage.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

She's divorced? A royal had to give up the throne to marry a divorcee early in the 20th century. His dad paved the way.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Post by Teal Lantern »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 2:09 pm

Meghan doesn't consider herself Black and neither do I hence why I put "Black" in quotes because the one-drop one is so-ever pervasive here among the myopic ilk of the U.S. of Gay.
One need not look back but a few months to find the same women taking issue with Tyrese Gibson's new wife not being dark enough. :roll:
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I don't know why exactly, but I do know that people often fall into their own pits which they've dug for others. Maybe some people have fallen prey to the same things which they have promoted.

So for those men who support feminism, well they shouldn't be surprised if they end up with a disobedient wife. And if you elevate someone on a pedestal, don't be surprised if they rise so high you can't reach them, and then you've turned yourself into a beggar.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 9:39 pm
I can't get past her age of 36. Some men, Prince Harry included, get caught up on how the woman looks at the moment. In five years he will forget how this woman looks. Granted, she looks about 28 but take away the hair paint, the face goop, and the yoga sculpting, and she is a throw-away.

-Feminist
-American
-Divorced

Wives are gifts to men from God Himself. She's God's gift to that man.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:
December 9th, 2017, 12:00 pm

-Feminist
-American
-Divorced

Then how do you explain the millions of wives who cheat, abuse children, abuse husbands, cuckold husbands with other men's seed, become fat and unsightly, initiate "cash out" divorces and represent nothing but misery and toil for a man?

And if a wife is a train wreck do you just conveniently decide that it was simply the man's choice and not God's?

What about wives that kill their husbands and sometimes his children? Is that god's gift too?

Stop it with the religious nonsense and use your common sense for once. Many a life has been destroyed by mindless religious thinking like that.

If you don't, a bad experience will have to show you just how wrong you are......
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Teal Lantern wrote:
December 9th, 2017, 11:18 am
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
December 8th, 2017, 2:09 pm

One need not look back but a few months to find the same women taking issue with Tyrese Gibson's new wife not being dark enough. :roll:
Truly indeed. :-O
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

December 9th, 2017, 12:40 pm
Adama wrote:

-Feminist
-American
-Divorced

Then how do you explain the millions of wives who cheat, abuse children, abuse husbands, cuckold husbands with other men's seed, become fat and unsightly, initiate "cash out" divorces and represent nothing but misery and toil for a man?

And if a wife is a train wreck do you just conveniently decide that it was simply the man's choice and not God's?

What about wives that kill their husbands and sometimes his children? Is that god's gift too?

Stop it with the religious nonsense and use your common sense for once. Many a life has been destroyed by mindless religious thinking like that.

If you don't, a bad experience will have to show you just how wrong you are......

Those are problems for unbelievers; those who have not called upon God. God has promised that His sons will escape from such women. Besides that every good tree is known by its fruit. For those who have knowledge, they know who the evil doers are. They think they are good actors, but a person who knows what evil is also knows about their duplicitous nature. The truth is not hidden. Sometimes though, people ignore their conscience to choose after another guide.

God has promised that He will not let them condemn us when we are judged. Like the woman who accused me of sexual harassment. She fell into her own pit. Her reputation was the one that got destroyed when it was revealed she was a major whore and she doesn't know who the father of her child is.

God is a shield for us. So stop worrying so much. Just figure out what evil is. Open your eyes.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Adama wrote:
December 9th, 2017, 2:01 pm
Adama wrote:

-Feminist
-American
-Divorced

Those are problems for unbelievers; those who have not called upon God. God has promised that His sons will escape from such women. Besides that every good tree is known by its fruit. For those who have knowledge, they know who the evil doers are. They think they are good actors, but a person who knows what evil is also knows about their duplicitous nature. The truth is not hidden. Sometimes though, people ignore their conscience to choose after another guide.

God has promised that He will not let them condemn us when we are judged. Like the woman who accused me of sexual harassment. She fell into her own pit. Her reputation was the one that got destroyed when it was revealed she was a major whore and she doesn't know who the father of her child is.

God is a shield for us. So stop worrying so much. Just figure out what evil is. Open your eyes.
Delusional you are....

I hate to say this, but you deserve the absolute WORST experience with a wife who will physically strike you, create false allegations on you, and ass rape you in family court. Why?

Because only then will you have the insight to lose the arrogance to think that the other men who suffer these things were necessarily "unbelievers." These men were victims of a system that permits and even encourages such treatment from wives. I hate to say it Adama, but you actually deserve this treatment and I hope it comes to you to jolt you out of your benighted and brainwashed views.

The sooner you suffer these abuses, the sooner you'll have hope for know reason and rationality. Right now you are devoid of hope being that you are so detached from reality.

Please, please, please marry soon......

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

December 9th, 2017, 2:24 pm
Adama wrote:
December 9th, 2017, 2:01 pm
Adama wrote:

-Feminist
-American
-Divorced

Delusional you are....

I hate to say this, but you deserve the absolute WORST experience with a wife who will physically strike you, create false allegations on you, and ass rape you in family court. Why?

Because only then will you have the insight to lose the arrogance to think that the other men who suffer these things were necessarily "unbelievers." These men were victims of a system that permits and even encourages such treatment from wives. I hate to say it Adama, but you actually deserve this treatment and I hope it comes to you to jolt you out of your benighted and brainwashed views.

The sooner you suffer these abuses, the sooner you'll have hope for know reason and rationality. Right now you are devoid of hope being that you are so detached from reality.

Please, please, please marry soon......

Conex, if a man abandons the narrow path to walk after his own will, and if he disregards the commandments of God, then he will destroy himself through ignorance and by following after his own will. In other words, if a person isn't following after the commandments of God, he is literally walking upon a snare and a trap which may destroy him.

For example, some men may think that women who date on SugarDaddy are ideal marriage partners. However, as for myself, I would stay away from any woman who has dated through a site such as SugarDaddy.

Another example, some people don't realize that some types of relationships are simply off limits. They engage in those relationships at their own risk, and since the penalty for sin is death, they multiply their own sorrows by not avoiding those types of relationships altogether. They destroy their own lives by engaging in certain relationships which they refuse to accept that God has forbidden. And now these types of relationships are normal and nobody thinks twice about it, yet it is one of the most deadly traps a man could walk upon.