OK, Duterte's got my attention now

Discuss news and current events around the world.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

OK, Duterte's got my attention now

Post by gsjackson »

Anybody who tells Obama, the U.S. and E.U. to go freak themselves sounds like my kind of pol. Anyone on the ground there in Phil. have a view of him one way or the other?

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: OK, Duterte's got my attention now

Post by Zambales »

I like him. Refreshing to see a caring politician with balls rather than the usual useless nest-feathering bullshitters we're accustomed to.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

gsjackson wrote:Anybody who tells Obama, the U.S. and E.U. to go freak themselves sounds like my kind of pol. Anyone on the ground there in Phil. have a view of him one way or the other?
There's a fair amount of discussion about him on Philippine political section of ISG. Some of those expats writing the posts have been in Philippines from 5 years to decades.

Here's a vlogger who's been in Phils a few years making a quick and dirty analysis. Watch from 7:00 to 13:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-1Vf1vF7rg
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This just in...

Philippine leader tells Obama 'go to hell', says can buy arms from Russia, China
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-phili ... SKCN12414A
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Post by Zambales »

Found it funny when he warned the Catholic church not to f**k with him. Yes, he used those actual words. :D
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Taco wrote:This just in...

Philippine leader tells Obama 'go to hell', says can buy arms from Russia, China
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-phili ... SKCN12414A
LOL That stupid Duterte is like a handicapped elementary school kid with Tourettes syndrome. Next he will be in a wheel chair yelling "Timmy!" Doesn't he know that his sh*t hole country has what it has mostly from grants, hand outs and hand me downs? What they do have they cannot maintain. Somebody is desperate for somebody else to take a loan or spend some money that they don't have. LOL
Will N. Dowd
Junior Poster

Post by Will N. Dowd »

I met him by chance 3 years ago when I just happened to be at a mall he was making a speech at. Afterwards he posed for photos with people, including me. I had a brief chat with him and he was very interested in why I was there and offered to help me with anything I might need. He was very polite and well spoken.

He is obviously a controversial figure, but he has a proven track record in Davao and has turned it from the wild west into one of the safest cities in the world. I hope he can turn the rest of the Philippines around with his no nonsense approach and show people his methods work. Who knows, In 6 years all the Phils might be like Davao.

The rest of the world criticizing his methods is somewhat ridiculous. They don't know what it's really like in the Philippines with all it's problems. Could they do a better job than what he did in Davao? I highly doubt it. Hopefully they will stop criticizing him when they see that his methods are improving the whole country.

The guy is red pill and has a major set of balls and admits to being a major philanderer, but also looks out for the interest of women. He banned bikini portions of beauty pageants in Davao, and told police to leave the local prostitutes alone. Maybe it's because he uses them lol.

The president of Indonesia said he wants to copy Duterte's style war on drugs.
adann
Freshman Poster

Post by adann »

Duterte is an alpha president. He's got my respect, unlike the p***y leaders of western nations.
Conjo
Freshman Poster

Post by Conjo »

He's selling his country to the highest bidder just like those who came before him. Only the highest bidder now is China and no longer America. He's not a Filipino patriot by any stretch of the imaginition. He wishes to reinstate the death penalty. If treachery is an offense punishable by death, he will be the first to hang.
Citizen
Freshman Poster

Post by Citizen »

Conjo wrote:He's selling his country to the highest bidder just like those who came before him. Only the highest bidder now is China and no longer America. He's not a Filipino patriot by any stretch of the imaginition. He wishes to reinstate the death penalty. If treachery is an offense punishable by death, he will be the first to hang.
He doesn't follow the rule of law! He sends the police and military to murder people that he doesn't like. He already has a death penalty. It is used upon those who he doesn't like or who oppose him. Filipinos must make a choice, whether or not to follow the rule of law.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

This just in...

Duterte Orders US Forces Out After 65 Years
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/philippines-pr ... at-1585434
Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs