Limits to growth was right

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Limits to growth was right

Post by Cornfed »

Forty years ago, a book called Limits to Growth predicted that civilization would collapse about now. It looks like they were on target.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... g-collapse

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on April 26th, 2020, 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

I stopped reading after I came to "Club of Rome". Funny.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

The population growth was sustainably growing until about the late to mid 1800's and you can see the spike straight up starting the same time as the industrial revolution with oil and coal as a power source to make it go.

Most of your modern civilizations and educated growth #'s have been going down for a few decades and more but other groups around the world keep on having a lot of children.

Our ruler's do not want to come out of the closet because they know their power and portfolio's they have stolen with their cunning cons will fly apart so they are still attempting the herd model they have arranged over the centuries but I have a feeling they want a culling like now.

We need to stop over breeding and world wide be creating jobs for sustainability to repair the ECO system but a lot of scientist feel it is to late and the mass extinction is geared up and coming through.

We have really screwed the up and coming, humans really are a selfish animal at heart.
Time to Hide!
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Ghost wrote:Can't come soon enough. Only psychopaths haven't had enough of this bullshit here on earth.

Also, paging Moretorque.
I try to be positive at times but you are right, what gets me is how most humans are so stupid they cannot see what is coming. I new something was up and not to raise a crop here so all in all I am depressed and happy at the same time. :D

I have gotten to the point where I do not even want the financial gain any more at all. I try and live on like 20 or 30$ a day even though I could be making good credits with no problem. I try and do my part to conserve and use as little as possible. I am finally learning to recycle as well but have the feeling it is to late to change the direction of this mess.
Time to Hide!
WindowLicker
Freshman Poster

Post by WindowLicker »

Moretorque wrote:I am finally learning to recycle as well but have the feeling it is to late to change the direction of this mess.

That's the thing right there- I get a ton of flak for my views in general. Certain firebrand minorities and Europeans right here on HA are a fine example. I get told off endlessly about how "negative", "pessimistic", "racist" and "selfish" I am, and fool after fool attempts to shame me into "changing the world"; but when said world is this far gone and this obviously jacked beyond the final tipping point, what else am I supposed to think- that the hippies and Christians are right? That my supposed "responsibility" to "the community" are enough to save the day, and that "the problem" is seriously my fault?

Lemme tell ya: there's no critic of progressivism like an ex-progressive turned realist and aged beyond the youth years.

edited only for grammar
Last edited by WindowLicker on September 5th, 2014, 8:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

I find the Christians are like Jesus will be a free get out of jail card if you accept him somehow so it makes the whole thing worse. I have found a lot of the bible thumpers I have been around are mostly in this world for monetary gain. Just look at the Catholic church for a start.
Time to Hide!