I.S.I.S. Versus U.S.A. - U.S.A. Launches Air-War!!

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Anatol
Junior Poster

I.S.I.S. Versus U.S.A. - U.S.A. Launches Air-War!!

Post by Anatol »

Hello,

The United States government has started using jet-fighters to launch bombs on I.S.I.S. troops in Iraq.

[~} Points of noting:

[~} This is a different warfare from Vietnam. In Vietnam, America had an aircraft-carrier in the region even after withdrawing from South Vietnam. However, it was rendered null because of thick foliage that protected the guerrilla-war fighters of the N.L.F {(National Liberation Front)} and the Viet Cong. This is a desert and there is no thick forest to protect the guerrilla-war soldiers. Also, technology has advanced much since 1975 and satellites/robot air-vehicles can monitor positions very easily now.

[~} It will be interesting to see how the I.S.I.S. deals with this contingency, as the I.S.I.S. has no method to counter jet-fighters.

[~} Lastly, the entire Middle-East is replete with puppet-governments and at least 25 bases close to Iraq exist. In the Vietnam War, the Soviet Union, India and China were actively/passively against America and the only nearby American ally containing American bases was Japan {(South Korea had just started becoming an American colony at that point)}.

Gentlemen, it should be a very interesting month. Let us watch what happens in this war!!

~~~~ [{(Out of the frigid ice to the North that no man had ever laid foot on, evil in the form of a man called Agahnim The Wizard came and he cast a type of magic never seen before by mortals. But together with the Ball-And-Chain Trooper and his faithful Master Sword, Link repulsed him and the IMPRISONING WAR was ended, to become the things of legend!)}] ~~~~

The evil that is the purest evil possible is feminism and it must be pushed back into its keep!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: I.S.I.S. Versus U.S.A. - U.S.A. Launches Air-War!!

Post by OutWest »

Anatol wrote:Hello,

The United States government has started using jet-fighters to launch bombs on I.S.I.S. troops in Iraq.

[~} Points of noting:

[~} This is a different warfare from Vietnam. In Vietnam, America had an aircraft-carrier in the region even after withdrawing from South Vietnam. However, it was rendered null because of thick foliage that protected the guerrilla-war fighters of the N.L.F {(National Liberation Front)} and the Viet Cong. This is a desert and there is no thick forest to protect the guerrilla-war soldiers. Also, technology has advanced much since 1975 and satellites/robot air-vehicles can monitor positions very easily now.

[~} It will be interesting to see how the I.S.I.S. deals with this contingency, as the I.S.I.S. has no method to counter jet-fighters.

[~} Lastly, the entire Middle-East is replete with puppet-governments and at least 25 bases close to Iraq exist. In the Vietnam War, the Soviet Union, India and China were actively/passively against America and the only nearby American ally containing American bases was Japan {(South Korea had just started becoming an American colony at that point)}.

Gentlemen, it should be a very interesting month. Let us watch what happens in this war!!

~~~~ [{(Out of the frigid ice to the North that no man had ever laid foot on, evil in the form of a man called Agahnim The Wizard came and he cast a type of magic never seen before by mortals. But together with the Ball-And-Chain Trooper and his faithful Master Sword, Link repulsed him and the IMPRISONING WAR was ended, to become the things of legend!)}] ~~~~

The evil that is the purest evil possible is feminism and it must be pushed back into its keep!

You can be sure that Obama will screw it up. ISIS is not primarily Iraqi in origin, they are a conglomerate of the most radical Sunni elements who have seized the moment to capitalize on Sunni
resentments towards Shiite domination of Iraq. Their tactics include mass execution of prisoners, forced conversions and the beheading of both adults and children. This does not represent the morals of most Sunnis in Iraq.

More than likely, this will end up as the partitioning of Iraq. ISIS will never rule the 80% of the
population that is Shia- Iran will never allow it, and the US would certainly use more air power in that threat. A Shiite government in Baghdad is more a puppet of Iran than of the USA.

This is NOT about Iraqis taking back their country. 80% of Iraqis are Shia and Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani has clearly called for the total destruction of ISIS. As you note, in the desert, air power can be the decisive factor, especially as the invincibility of ISIS is exposed as a farce.

I think Vietnam and Iraq do not compare very well, as the populations and motivations are quite different. A historical note: Japan was far from the only ally the US had in Asia. The US had airbases in nearby Thailand, as well as the Philippines and Guam.