Rich Texan Girl Hunts Endangered Species

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Rich Texan Girl Hunts Endangered Species

Post by Tsar »

Travels Africa, kills elephants and endangered species, and gets showered in attention. Wants to host her own own television show next year.

http://nypost.com/2014/06/30/teen-spark ... n-animals/
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Someone else posted this, disapprovingly.

I FB friended her.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Hunting is ok once it's done in a sustainable way & not for profit. We kill & eat so many animals anyway. If I kill it I'll eat it, if I'm not going to eat it I won't kill it.
- It's easy to give, when you know what it's like to have nothing. -

- Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. -
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Renata wrote:
...if I'm not going to eat it I won't kill it.
You're so sweet!
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Jester wrote:
Renata wrote:
...if I'm not going to eat it I won't kill it.
You're so sweet!
Why thank you :wink: that's sustainable hunting 8)
You should see me skin & guts an animal.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Renata wrote:Hunting is ok once it's done in a sustainable way & not for profit. We kill & eat so many animals anyway. If I kill it I'll eat it, if I'm not going to eat it I won't kill it.
What if a higher and more advanced alien species wanted to hunt humans and eat them? Would that be ok too?

Someone posted this before but it was a story about an adult woman hunting lions. That was a different person. Now we have two AW hunting in Africa?

What kind of a woman likes hunting? Not very lady-like.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Renata wrote:Hunting is ok once it's done in a sustainable way & not for profit. We kill & eat so many animals anyway. If I kill it I'll eat it, if I'm not going to eat it I won't kill it.
I understand that big game hunting supports the game reserves financially and keeps the animals living in its habitat. However I do question her ability to hunt lions humanely with bow and arrow. Also I think she distributed the bush meat to local villagers.

I also have a problem with the outrage expressed by many for the simple act of hunting. If they'd prefer to eat meat harvested from animals raised in small cages, then point to hunters as morally despicable for harvesting wild game, then I have nothing more to say.

Americans are pretty barbaric in the sense that we white-wash a living creature into a square fish sandwich patty. In Taiwan we cooked whole fish and everyone understands that the fish has a head, fins, and was a living creature. Eating ox tail and pigs's feet reminds us that the pork was a living pig with 4 legs, and the cow was a living creature with a tail. If you have a problem with it then there's a large collection of vegetarian restaurants available in TW. In America we seem to have a problem with this and our meats have to look like a steak or sausage. By depriving a fish of its identify and turning it into a square patty, it's really an insult to the fish that gave its life for our meal.

Winston wrote: What if a higher and more advanced alien species wanted to hunt humans and eat them? Would that be ok too?
If that is the homo sapien's position in the universe's food chain, then we're not in any position to think it's OK or not. A lobster doesn't get to have an opinion in my kitchen.
Last edited by momopi on July 28th, 2014, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

The problem isn't really with her hunting. It's with her hunting endangered species like elephants or other endangered species. Also, I believe she killed a hippo and that is another animal that should not be hunted.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Tsar wrote:The problem isn't really with her hunting. It's with her hunting endangered species like elephants or other endangered species. Also, I believe she killed a hippo and that is another animal that should not be hunted.
The game reserves in question depends on wealthy sponsors willing to pay top dollar to hunt. This income sustains the game reserves and pay for rangers to patrol the reserve and keep poachers out. If an alternate source of income can be found that paid the same or better to sustain the reserves, then we wouldn't need the big game hunter's money. However asking the local government to pay for it is a losing battle, because that would turn it into an expense and eventually poachers will kill off the wild life and squatters take the land.

You'd find the group who are most vocal in opposition to big game hunting, to be the biggest tightwads when it comes to contributing financially to off-set hunting income in Africa. These people do not put their money where their mouth is. If a million people contributed $100/year, that's $100 million to maintain game reserves and pay the ranger's salaries.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

momopi wrote:
Tsar wrote:The problem isn't really with her hunting. It's with her hunting endangered species like elephants or other endangered species. Also, I believe she killed a hippo and that is another animal that should not be hunted.
The game reserves in question depends on wealthy sponsors willing to pay top dollar to hunt. This income sustains the game reserves and pay for rangers to patrol the reserve and keep poachers out. If an alternate source of income can be found that paid the same or better to sustain the reserves, then we wouldn't need the big game hunter's money. However asking the local government to pay for it is a losing battle, because that would turn it into an expense and eventually poachers will kill off the wild life and squatters take the land.

You'd find the group who are most vocal in opposition to big game hunting, to be the biggest tightwads when it comes to contributing financially to off-set hunting income in Africa. These people do not put their money where their mouth is. If a million people contributed $100/year, that's $100 million to maintain game reserves and pay the ranger's salaries.
Many of the people that hunt pay $6,000-$10,000 and they hunt as much as they want, even killing endangered species, which is not right. Elephants are one of the slowest reproducing animals in the world and they don't repopulate fast enough. The $10,000 isn't what would be considered a large amount of money relative to the killing of endangered species, and endangered species should be preserved. Allowing the killing of an endangered species is just as bad as poaching because both contribute to the decline of the species.
Renata
Experienced Poster

Post by Renata »

Winston wrote:
What if a higher and more advanced alien species wanted to hunt humans and eat them? Would that be ok too?

Someone posted this before but it was a story about an adult woman hunting lions. That was a different person. Now we have two AW hunting in Africa?

Their was a time of cannibalism where people did get eaten, but if we were being hunted by aliens, I wouldn't lke it of course.

Actually the AW got the green light to do this as Africa encourages people to come and hunt. They pay money to do this, it's tourism.

I'm the kind of woman that likes hunting, my father and my enviroment encouraged me, but in a sustainable way. We hunt, we eat. Not for sport. Once I got used for bait :oops: there's an island called Goat-island off the coast of Tobago because it's over run with feral goats with big horns. They killed two that day. Wild meat is the leanest healthy meat you'll ever have.

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Renata wrote:
You should see me skin & guts an animal.
:shock:
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Winston wrote:
Hmmm I guess a tigress is pretty damn sexy... to a tiger.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

momopi wrote:
I also have a problem with the outrage expressed by many for the simple act of hunting. If they'd prefer to eat meat harvested from animals raised in small cages, then point to hunters as morally despicable for harvesting wild game, then I have nothing more to say.....

Americans are pretty barbaric in the sense that we white-wash a living creature into a square fish sandwich patty. In Taiwan we cooked whole fish and everyone understands that the fish has a head, fins, and was a living creature. Eating ox tail and pigs's feet reminds us that the pork was a living pig with 4 legs, and the cow was a living creature with a tail. If you have a problem with it then there's a large collection of vegetarian restaurants available in TW. In America we seem to have a problem with this and our meats have to look like a steak or sausage. By depriving a fish of its identify and turning it into a square patty, it's really an insult to the fish that gave its life for our meal.....

A lobster doesn't get to have an opinion in my kitchen.
+1

momopi is on his game today!
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Renata wrote:Once I got used for bait :oops: there's an island called Goat-island off the coast of Tobago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxnZIoP_5J0