Virginity Auction

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Virginity Auction

Post by Taco »

A virgin would never auction off her virginity.

Virginity Auction
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -300k.html

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Virginity Auction

Post by Tsar »

Taco wrote:A virgin would never auction off her virginity.

Virginity Auction
I mentioned that story awhile ago when her face was hidden. Obviously when a girl wants to auction off her virginity she would have to show her face. It will probably attract higher bids but the odds aren't good that she's a virgin at her age in this modern era.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Self-Described 'Med School Virgin' Hanna Kern Calls Off Auction After Dubious $801,000 Bid

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/1 ... 90291.html
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Virginity Auction

Post by Jester »

Tsar wrote:
Taco wrote:A virgin would never auction off her virginity.

Virginity Auction
I mentioned that story awhile ago when her face was hidden. Obviously when a girl wants to auction off her virginity she would have to show her face. It will probably attract higher bids but the odds aren't good that she's a virgin at her age in this modern era.
I've known a blonde older than her, desirable but driven, high-achieving, moral conservative, who was a virgin.

Bottom line: Just perusing he article, I find her very credible.

Credible but conflicted - a mess of conflicting feminism, virtue, pride, resignation, desperation and compromise.

As repulsive as this auction seems to many of us, hundreds of millions of people, or more, hold "quincinera" or "coming out" party for their daughters, allowing suitors to get a look, and compete "for her hand".

I think
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

Auction was canceled anyway. UW threatened to kick her out if she followed through. She probably got tired of all the hard work and figured she could cash in her V card for millions easily, but that turned out not to be the case, so she backed out.

For the record, there are a surprising number of virgins, both male and female, in med school. To some people sex just takes a waaay back seat to their quest for knowledge or a tenured teaching position (most of them aren't PP money types, they're academics that want to teach).
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

HouseMD wrote:Auction was canceled anyway. UW threatened to kick her out if she followed through. She probably got tired of all the hard work and figured she could cash in her V card for millions easily, but that turned out not to be the case, so she backed out.

For the record, there are a surprising number of virgins, both male and female, in med school. To some people sex just takes a waaay back seat to their quest for knowledge or a tenured teaching position (most of them aren't PP money types, they're academics that want to teach).
Yeah, thank god I never started med school in the US. Lots of med students out there who never get laid. Then again, they probably don't mind it. Like you said, they have different goals.

I think docs used to be a lot cooler in the past. I met a couple docs who make great money and have a great lifestyle. One guy was an amateur bodybuilder and had the body of a greek god. Being an MD, he knew how to maximize diet, exercise, and hormone supplements. He had a ton of cash and loads of model quality girls. Basically, living the Hollywood ideal of a doctor. He took risks, but as doctor he knew that the body ages and living in the now is what matters.

When I thought of having to spend several years with the current crop of medical students, it made me reconsider. It took me a while to get over the guilt of passing up US med school, but I'm glad I finally did. I recently talked with a friend of mine who took the other path and went to the West coast for his MD. We both had similar lives in undergrad: good grades, 95%+ on the MCAT, (extracurriculars- I did undergrad research, he did paramedic work). Both of us put girls on the back burner, delayed gratification etc.

Well, he thought his GF was waiting for him out on the west coast, but he was wrong. She dumped him and he hasn't had a girl in years. He's gotten really fat and can barely walk to class without being out of breath. Completely miserable. He's actually given up on girls and just focuses on classwork and his career.

I made the smart move and said f**k you to the myth of delayed gratification. I banged hot chicks in Ukraine and now I'm excited to go to Asia and meet some wife quality girls.

When I met up with that friend recently, he reminded me how far I had come. No longer am I the shy guy who didn't have the skills to talk to women. Those years in Eastern Europe really changed me for the better. Visiting the US now has made me realize that while my life isn't perfect, it sure as hell is better than what it could have been.

Basically, if you're not happy with you're dating life... don't do your MD in the USA...it will probably only get worse. Like my now obese friend, you'll have little time to work on your skills with girls. Maintaining a social life takes time and effort, and improving it takes even more. If you're satisfied with your US dating life, then you're just fine, but for some people there are better options to rebalance life.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Post by HouseMD »

TopSpruce wrote:
HouseMD wrote:Auction was canceled anyway. UW threatened to kick her out if she followed through. She probably got tired of all the hard work and figured she could cash in her V card for millions easily, but that turned out not to be the case, so she backed out.

Yeah, thank god I never started med school in the US. Lots of med students out there who never get laid. Then again, they probably don't mind it. Like you said, they have different goals.

I think docs used to be a lot cooler in the past. I met a couple docs who make great money and have a great lifestyle. One guy was an amateur bodybuilder and had the body of a greek god. Being an MD, he knew how to maximize diet, exercise, and hormone supplements. He had a ton of cash and loads of model quality girls. Basically, living the Hollywood ideal of a doctor. He took risks, but as doctor he knew that the body ages and living in the now is what matters.

When I thought of having to spend several years with the current crop of medical students, it made me reconsider. It took me a while to get over the guilt of passing up US med school, but I'm glad I finally did. I recently talked with a friend of mine who took the other path and went to the West coast for his MD. We both had similar lives in undergrad: good grades, 95%+ on the MCAT, (extracurriculars- I did undergrad research, he did paramedic work). Both of us put girls on the back burner, delayed gratification etc.

Well, he thought his GF was waiting for him out on the west coast, but he was wrong. She dumped him and he hasn't had a girl in years. He's gotten really fat and can barely walk to class without being out of breath. Completely miserable. He's actually given up on girls and just focuses on classwork and his career.

I made the smart move and said f**k you to the myth of delayed gratification. I banged hot chicks in Ukraine and now I'm excited to go to Asia and meet some wife quality girls.

When I met up with that friend recently, he reminded me how far I had come. No longer am I the shy guy who didn't have the skills to talk to women. Those years in Eastern Europe really changed me for the better. Visiting the US now has made me realize that while my life isn't perfect, it sure as hell is better than what it could have been.

Basically, if you're not happy with you're dating life... don't do your MD in the USA...it will probably only get worse. Like my now obese friend, you'll have little time to work on your skills with girls. Maintaining a social life takes time and effort, and improving it takes even more. If you're satisfied with your US dating life, then you're just fine, but for some people there are better options to rebalance life.
I picked the doc path, but then again, I have never had problems with women, so it isn't really holding me back. But there's plenty of guys I met that went down the road of medicine thinking women would be throwing themselves at them once they got that white coat, which just isn't the case. I didn't pick this path for women, I picked it for freedom. I can work locums at 100-200 bucks an hour for 80 hours a week for 3 or 4 months then take the rest of the year off to relax or volunteer overseas. Or I could work my butt off for 4 or 5 years, drop seven figures in the bank, and leave the country forever. Not many other careers out there that can give me that kind of flexibility and freedom.

And there are a good number of guys who stay in shape and social in med school. Plenty of former D1 athletes, bodybuilders, and powerlifters in my class, and there's social events all the time. Medical school is what you make of it, and it can only take from you what you let it.

All that being said, going abroad early is an equally fine choice. It's all about what your personal goals are. I did the promiscuity thing and traveled a good deal already. I'd recommend it for any young guy. But after one too many near misses with STDs and pregnancy, it just wasn't fun for me anymore.
Luc Furr
Freshman Poster

Post by Luc Furr »

A woman can auction her virginity if she so wants, the key is who is able to do the buying.
TopSpruce
Freshman Poster

Post by TopSpruce »

HouseMD wrote:
TopSpruce wrote:

I picked the doc path, but then again, I have never had problems with women, so it isn't really holding me back. But there's plenty of guys I met that went down the road of medicine thinking women would be throwing themselves at them once they got that white coat, which just isn't the case. I didn't pick this path for women, I picked it for freedom. I can work locums at 100-200 bucks an hour for 80 hours a week for 3 or 4 months then take the rest of the year off to relax or volunteer overseas. Or I could work my butt off for 4 or 5 years, drop seven figures in the bank, and leave the country forever. Not many other careers out there that can give me that kind of flexibility and freedom.

And there are a good number of guys who stay in shape and social in med school. Plenty of former D1 athletes, bodybuilders, and powerlifters in my class, and there's social events all the time. Medical school is what you make of it, and it can only take from you what you let it.

All that being said, going abroad early is an equally fine choice. It's all about what your personal goals are. I did the promiscuity thing and traveled a good deal already. I'd recommend it for any young guy. But after one too many near misses with STDs and pregnancy, it just wasn't fun for me anymore.
Yes, of course. The guys who are already doing well and go to med school just need to maintain their social lives. Maintaining is a lot easier than improving.

The guys who are doing poorly in dating need to put time and effort into developing their social skills and meeting girls.

In the case of my friend, he found it impossible to both work on improving his dating life AND keeping up with the demands of med school classes. Its not harder than undergrad, he said, just a much larger volume meaning less free time. Eventually, he gave up on his dating life fell into depression.

So, for those with a poor dating life, med school in the US is the worst idea. These guys need MORE free time and BETTER dating conditions such as those found in South America, Asia, Eastern Europe, etc.

If you're banging cute girls in undergrad, then you'll do fine in med school social life. If you're doing poorly dating in undergrad, then you need to address that issue....not pile on more classwork.

Lets be realistic here, not all people are equal. Some people do better in academics and others in social life. Sometimes, that natural inclination leads people to spend even more time doing what they are good at and their skills become even more unbalanced. They social guy doing poorly on class will spend more time partying and socializing, while the academic guy doing poorly in his social life will spend even more time in the library and improving his grades.

I was never the kind that struggled with academics...always top of my class. But, I was never that good when it came to dating. Perhaps its in my genes....perhaps it has to do with the environment I was raised in...who cares why, it just is like that.

For people whose lives are drastically unbalanced, it takes a large and sustained effort to turn things around. Heading abroad early and deciding to do med school abroad is part of that sustained action plan for me and it should be for others, depending on their situation.

The solution must be tailored to the problem and we shouldn't be embarrassed about it. In our society, its OK for the social and friendly party guy to refocus on making money, a career, and education. In fact, its encouraged: We applaud the jock who turns his love of sport into business as a personal trainer or police officer. We applaud the frat boy who tones down the partying and boozing to pursue a career in finance. We congratulate the guy who partied in college each night when he refocuses on a career. He spent all his time developing people skills which he turns into a sales job in used cars. Eventually, he opens up his own car dealership and becomes rich. Those are success stories in our society. Well, then what's wrong with the guy who spend too much time studying in high school and undergrad....who then decides to refocus on his social life? If the party guy keeps partying, he will end up poor and addicted to drugs/alcohol or with AIDS. If the studious guy keeps studying, he will end up with no social life and no wife or girls. In life, you need to rebalance at different times. Sometimes, people rebalance in different directions.....it doesn't matter as long as that rebalancing happens.