Shutdown Ends & Debt Ceiling Raised

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Obama has signed on the dotted line. The stock market should keep going higher until the next debt ceiling crisis early next year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/debt-cei ... se-2013-10
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 16th, 2020, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Shutdown Ends & Debt Ceiling Raised

Post by Teal Lantern »

Taco wrote:Obama has signed on the dotted line. The stock market should keep going higher until the next debt ceiling crisis early next year.

http://www.businessinsider.com/debt-cei ... se-2013-10
Hear about that stenographer losing her $#!&, on the House floor? :shock:
http://now.msn.com/dianne-riedy-stenogr ... ouse-floor
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Ghost wrote:I think the only thing that can bring down the house of cards for good is for world confidence in the U.S. dollar to disappear. How much more obvious does it have to be made though? It's farcical at best. If people never lose confidence in this con, will it just perpetuate itself forever? /cue Moretorque

Sigh.
Bingo. That's the only way. China and Australia "flipped the bird" at the US government's greenback. The BRIC-K wall is forming; for those of us whom still outside of this BRIC-K wall just might want to get within its confines before the greenback has totally waned away.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

The US dollar responded to this "good news" by getting slammed hard today, it went down 80 cents in 24 hrs. and not surprisingly gold went up $40.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

I'm just glad I have a bit more time before the collapse. The last 2 years have been devastatingly bad so I need to patch some things up and prepare before the floor drops out from under the economy.

Those US Citizens outside of the USA will get pulled back or will lose citizenship in the event of a collapse. Their families will be abandoned in the USA if they decide to give up citizenship. I don't think there is any way to "hide" from what is coming. To be honest, there are some places where hiding would be impossible and citizens of the country you reside in may decide they hate YOU due to YOUR countries actions. Much of world will collapse along with the USA anyway....

That said, I am still planning to move abroad when I'm able to. My goal is NOT to escape economic disaster, but to enjoy my life much more than I do now. Maybe it's futile to even try to qualify myself and make it all happen, but I can't just sit around and do nothing. Life isn't really worth living if you don't have goals and plans to reach them...at least that is how I see it.