Will Expatriation Become Illegal?

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

There's a lot of people thinking about leaving the US right now, here's what you need to know.

http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/will- ... gal-10730/

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

This should be moved to "Hidden - NSFW". Taco, you are a dumb a.ss for posting this here.
It seems like you want it to become illegal because you are putting it in a section where
NON-MEMBERS can see it! That means all of the Internet. Sure, give the oligarchs more
incessant power over us. Just because you are outside of the U.S. of Gay doesn't mean
you should pompously post this for those of us still behind the virtual Berlin wall, you a.ssmate.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

E_Irizarry wrote:This should be moved to "Hidden - NSFW". Taco, you are a dumb a.ss for posting this here.
It seems like you want it to become illegal because you are putting it in a section where
NON-MEMBERS can see it! That means all of the Internet. Sure, give the oligarchs more
incessant power over us. Just because you are outside of the U.S. of Gay doesn't mean
you should pompously post this for those of us still behind the virtual Berlin wall, you a.ssmate.
I'm not sure I follow your logic. The entire internet community can already view at its current site.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Taco wrote:
E_Irizarry wrote:This should be moved to "Hidden - NSFW". Taco, you are a dumb a.ss for posting this here.
I'm not sure I follow your logic. The entire internet community can already view at its current site.
Yeah, there's no point in moving this to the NSFW section, Taco, as I've already told E_Irizarry that.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Expatriation means relinquishing one's citizenship. It does not mean becoming an expat. It may become illegal on US soil but there is little the US can do to make it illegal in other countries. Once a person becomes a British subject, do you think the US will pass laws to have that person extradited?
The most it can do is disallow the person to come back to the US ever ( which is what most of them do not want to do in the first place)
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

ladislav wrote:Expatriation means relinquishing one's citizenship. It does not mean becoming an expat. It may become illegal on US soil but there is little the US can do to make it illegal in other countries. Once a person becomes a British subject, do you think the US will pass laws to have that person extradited?
The most it can do is disallow the person to come back to the US ever ( which is what most of them do not want to do in the first place)
I had my definitions mixed up; I apologize for that part. I flipped out when I saw such a sensitive article like this that shouldn't be publicly-displayed anyway. But it would be nice to still relinquish US citizenship if need and/or want to do so.

I don't want to die in this piece of sh.it. I have no family because all the feminists in my family turned the men against me (yeah it would make the men manginas) because they were jealous that I was the prodigy child of the whole family tree for my generation. The thug cousins mocked me for being into computers versus slinging and pushing weight.

Think about it: what if I were to become physically and indefinitely incapacitated??? Do you think I would have anybody stateside to help me unconditionally? Fu.ck to the no! I just wouldn't!
Hence I want (and will) blow this candystand and get the fuc.k up out of dodge for forever and a day.

I want to be in a country that when I have physical ailments that there are women there to help me with my basic necessities...to wipe my a.ss if I were to become that f.ucked up...et al etc.

I had a taste from early 2007 until late 2009 of being happier abroad; I think about some of my sojourns abroad each and every day. I'm having the H.A. poster-OTB syndrome for a hot while now!!!

I STILL HAVE women in South America wishing to cross paths with me again. I have NOT ONE AW/American woman thinking that way about me (in an intimate way at least). The only American women that think about me only want to use me as an emotion tampon to spew some non-sensical sh.it about another man that could have been me; ¡¡no gracías - when it comes to that!!!

I feel soulless and devoid of life here. I see the anti-intellectualism becoming exacerbated from when it only applied to a miniscule minority 10-15 years ago. I had to "dumb down" my dating profiles just to get responses, and even so, I would have to send them an email first just to garner their attention.

American women cannot keep the same phone number (most of them) for more than 6 months because they always want to switch carriers and have the latest Samsung Galaxy 4G or whatever it's f.ucking called.

Sam Cooke was right; a [good] change is gonna come!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Re: Will Expatriation Become Illegal?

Post by OutWest »

Taco wrote:There's a lot of people thinking about leaving the US right now, here's what you need to know.

http://www.sovereignman.com/expat/will- ... gal-10730/
I have been warning about this for several years, and under Obama, we will edge closer to just that...for our own good of course...

I think this could go into effect just before the outbreak of the coming US civil war.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

If you are an American expat you might as well relinquish your citizenship as you have to pay US tax when you live abroad. Also, I'd be interested to know if George Bush Jr. still has his US citizenship. If I remember correctly the guy built a wall on the US/Mexican border after which he bought 100,000 acres in Paraguay(subtle hint #1).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

ladislav wrote:Expatriation means relinquishing one's citizenship. It does not mean becoming an expat. It may become illegal on US soil but there is little the US can do to make it illegal in other countries. Once a person becomes a British subject, do you think the US will pass laws to have that person extradited?
Good point.

I think likeliest step is to extend the reach of the current almost-secret 30% "withholding tax" on payments to non-US persons, and make it apply to any cross-border transfer. I.e. 30% tax on flight capital. But they could also prohibit any capital flight. Many countries have done so. In this case the dollar would become a "soft currency" like the ruble under the Soviets. International trade would be conducted in a separate "hard" currency.

Also they could require an exit visa in order to let you leave the country even on a trip, and charge a fee for it. Of course you would have to state the destination and purpose of your trip. National security and all that.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:If you are an American expat you might as well relinquish your citizenship as you have to pay US tax when you live abroad. Also, I'd be interested to know if George Bush Jr. still has his US citizenship. If I remember correctly the guy built a wall on the US/Mexican border after which he bought 100,000 acres in Paraguay(subtle hint #1).
I suspect that your visa in the Philippines would not be renewed without a valid pasport. So you need a second passport from somewhere before you renounce or relinquish U.S. citizenship.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ladislav wrote:Expatriation means relinquishing one's citizenship. It does not mean becoming an expat.
Not exactly Ladislav:

expatriation
the process of abandoning one’s native land or of being exiled. — expatriate, n., adj., v.

It can mean just emigrating, relocating one's country of residence, or forced exile. I think the context of this thread is expatriation by choice and whether that will be legally prohibited.

It would be next to impossible to lock people in the USA, but what we are seeing now are laws designed to make expatriation inconvenient and impractical so as to prevent it.

Consider the recent FATCA law which is forcing many foreign banks to prohibit Americans to open accounts.
Consider the child support law which bars a US Passport being issued to any man in arrears on payments.
Consider the expatriate tax which holds you liable for US federal taxes 10 years after you renounce US citizenship if you
have over 2 million in assets.

So think of the effort against expatriation to be a series of burdens that prevent you from doing so, rather than some draconian law prohibiting you from doing so.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

The goddam gate is closing.

http://news.liveandinvestoverseas.com/p ... tion-fair/

NOONE f***ing told me or anyone else on the internet about this little gateway till now. Now it's closing.
http://news.liveandinvestoverseas.com/p ... tion-fair/
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Moretorque
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Moretorque »

Did you notice how it was the BAR association in Panama, word is Bar Stands for British Accredited Regency ? All roads go back to England.

Word I hear is as soon as Americas economy collapse's all Pass Ports are revoked and this is by sometime in 2017.
Time to Hide!
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Moretorque wrote:
Word I hear is as soon as Americas economy collapse's all Pass Ports are revoked and this is by sometime in 2017.
Who told you that?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jester wrote: I suspect that your visa in the Philippines would not be renewed without a valid pasport. So you need a second passport from somewhere before you renounce or relinquish U.S. citizenship.
This is not the case in some Asian countries I know, especially not here in Japan. The Japanese immigration is insisting, that a permanent resident permit means 'permanent'.

It happens frequently that countries like China, Cambodia, North Korea etc. etc. are refusing to issue a passport for a citizen living overseas as they want to have him or her back again for various reasons.

In this case, if the person is already a longterm or permanent resident of Japan and is refusing to leave Japan, a foreigner passport (alien pass) will be issued and can continue to stay.