Question for Cornfed

Discuss news and current events around the world.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Question for Cornfed

Post by gsjackson »

This guy, who has been introduced to the forum before, I believe by James Bond, is charging $5K for assisting in getting a residency visa in Mexico. Is this as much of a ripoff as it seems? Compared to say using a Mexican immigration lawyer? As a point of comparison, it's going to cost me about $1K altogether to get a residency permit in Bulgaria going through a Bulgarian lawyer (excluding the cost of travel to a Bulgarian consulate in the U.S.).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbVFuOnhTSA

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Question for Cornfed

Post by Cornfed »

If you have the money and it all actually works out, it sounds like a good idea as the situation can be frustrating if you try to do things yourself. If you qualify for permanent residency it would be worth it. I'm not an expert though.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

I watched the video and it's a kind of package deal. Kind of like a Mark Davis Dream Connections tour. People want everything taken care of for them from A - Z.

Yeah you can get it cheaper here and there but ppl want less headaches.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Voyager1 wrote:
April 10th, 2023, 4:19 pm
I watched the video and it's a kind of package deal. Kind of like a Mark Davis Dream Connections tour. People want everything taken care of for them from A - Z.

Yeah you can get it cheaper here and there but ppl want less headaches.
Yeah, if you look at it that way he's charging the same as Mark -- presumably including about the same number of hotel nights -- and guaranteeing a tangible asset at the end, which Mark couldn't do.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

gsjackson wrote:
April 10th, 2023, 7:05 pm
Yeah, if you look at it that way he's charging the same as Mark -- presumably including about the same number of hotel nights -- and guaranteeing a tangible asset at the end, which Mark couldn't do.
Mark is an outstanding individual, a good man, and his business proudly maintains a sterling reputation. Any attempt to disparage Mark or his business on this forum will not be tolerated.

I'm DONE putting up with the riff raff on this forum. I'm gonna smoke a cigar on my balcony overlooking Medellin.
Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

kangarunner wrote:
April 10th, 2023, 7:20 pm
Mark is an outstanding individual, a good man, and his business proudly maintains a sterling reputation. Any attempt to disparage Mark or his business on this forum will not be tolerated.
Maybe so, but don't you think his success records are a little bit on the exaggerated side? I know every business worth its salt needs to make things look bigger, better and rosier. However, so many people in the past, even people who post on this forum, have reported that some of these American men spent tens of thousands of dollars on multiple love trips to Ukraine, only to end up with what they call "beautiful memories", yet without a single prospect of a relationship, let alone physical intimacy.

Like in many products sold, what you are shown on the fancy catalogue is a 23 years old model looking blonde, fresh out of college, and what you are offered is a decent yet past-her-prime single mother or divorcee in her late 30s with 1 or 2 kids and bills to pay.

I wouldn't want to judge Mark Davies about her personal qualities, as I never met him and don't know him as a person. As a businessman, if the disconnect between "the dream" and reality is so brutal, to me personally, that's not an indication of a business I would like to use, or even endorse.

@kangarunner by the way, is your apartment in the Rio Negro area? That's one hill top area you can see the entire city from.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

gsjackson wrote:
April 10th, 2023, 3:57 pm
This guy, who has been introduced to the forum before, I believe by James Bond, is charging $5K for assisting in getting a residency visa in Mexico. Is this as much of a ripoff as it seems? Compared to say using a Mexican immigration lawyer? As a point of comparison, it's going to cost me about $1K altogether to get a residency permit in Bulgaria going through a Bulgarian lawyer (excluding the cost of travel to a Bulgarian consulate in the U.S.).

This is a ripoff. It is simple enough to do yourself. There are also people in Mexico, not lawyers, who would guide you in the paper work for closer to $100. Mexico is probably the easiest country for an American to get a residency permit. There are plenty of Mexican lawyers who speak English who would charge at most a few hundred dollars.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MrPeabody wrote:
April 15th, 2023, 7:40 am
This is a ripoff. It is simple enough to do yourself.
Damn near close to everything that is being marketed to consumers in America is a rip-off.

The only actual things of value that come from America are the advances in technology and consumer technology. The good thing about America is that it's a machine for pushing out innovation which is then copied or used by the rest of the world.

Everything else is a scam...

What do most people buy in their life...

Food
Clothing
Shelter
Vehicles
Entertainment
Fun
Phones / Computers / Toys
Relationships / f***ing

All the above shit is overpriced in America.
Favorite yick quote: "You are not my mate".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

This is a ripoff. It is simple enough to do yourself. There are also people in Mexico, not lawyers, who would guide you in the paper work for closer to $100. Mexico is probably the easiest country for an American to get a residency permit. There are plenty of Mexican lawyers who speak English who would charge at most a few hundred dollars.
The expectation would be that they have contacts in immigration to get things done with no screw ups right away. If not then it is a rip off.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

The most important part is you go have to go for an interview with the Mexican Embassy. You can do this in San Diego. That high priced scammer doesn't go with you on the interview. Also, you can just get a 6 month visa at the border for, I think it is about $30 now, and just renew it.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Cornfed wrote:
April 15th, 2023, 9:11 am
MrPeabody wrote:
gsjackson wrote:

The expectation would be that they have contacts in immigration to get things done with no screw ups right away. If not then it is a rip off.
Do you really think those clowns have contacts in immigration, and a Mexican lawyer doesn't?
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

MrPeabody wrote:
April 15th, 2023, 9:18 am
The most important part is you go have to go for an interview with the Mexican Embassy.
You'd do this to get your residence visa beforehand. That is not a big deal. You just need to have good answers about what you are going to do and where you are going to live in Mexico.