Millionaires Are Leaving Chicago

Discuss news and current events around the world.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Millionaires Are Leaving Chicago

Post by Jester »

Taco wrote:
Its difficult to protect your money and property when you don't have any rights. This might be what's scaring the rich people away.

Illinois ‘Lethal Violence Order of Protection Act’ Is Plain Old Gun Confiscation
http://www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.c ... ion/158075
Great find, great post, thank you.
Reminds me of why I had to leave.

Though I am an exile,
if a party starts at home,
I will come for the beer, and to throw a firecracker or two.

Cause I love a party.
And yeah, I still miss home.

PS
I hear that the NSA hires mostly faggots
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Millionaires Are Leaving Chicago

Post by Jester »

jamesbond wrote:Hey check out this movie trailer for the film "Chi-Raq" it stars Wesley Snipes, Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack. The movie came out in 2015. The main theme of the movie is about all the violence in the city of Chicago and what some of the women decide to do about it. :D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGTuuj-aTJs[/youtube]
Stunning.

Hits me hard. An exile from the US, yet I still miss so many of those I loved to hate back in the day. Blacks who menaced, yet the Black man who taught me to to box and defend myself against bullies. Jews who yammered for the Viet Cong, yet Jews who loved Mathematics, and argued from truth. Whites who sneered and smirked if you weren't exactly the same as them, yet Whites with backbones of steel.

I guess we are all soiled angels.

"God Bless America."

My Dad grew up in Detroit, he brought his family out of there, as the poor immigrant side went badder and Blacker. So this Chi-Town stuff seems to me somehow familiar in a way.

And yet.

And yet.

And yet I feel more kinship with these people than I do with the Suburbans. Because I knew a few growing up? Because of the Georgia upbringing? Who knows.

BTW, brilliant idea, remake of "Lysistrata" in Black America. Was that Aristophanes? Been so long since my Georgia upbringing, with the classical education and all, I forget.

Will def try to catch this flick on Amazon.
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."