America in the 1950's - What a time! Look!

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: America in the 1950's - What a time! Look!

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 3:14 am
Wow check out this film about traveling across America by Greyhound bus in the 1950s. Notice how friendly and wholesome everyone is to each other. It looks so easy to talk to perfect strangers on the bus. Everyone looks so prim and proper too. No one looks degenerate or trashy. lol. I know the dialogue is probably scripted but still, I'm sure people were somewhat like this in real life back then. Also everyone was so patriotic back then. You weren't allowed to criticize or insult America, as you can see in the conversations on the bus. lol. Can you guys imagine talking to these people on the bus in the film about gay rights or tattoos? lol

How come today, when you get on a Greyhound bus, the people there look so low class, degenerate and trashy? lol. Nothing like in this video.

"Somewhat like this?" Go check out footage from any sporting event up until the mid-'60s. Virtually all the men are in coat and tie, even on weekends. I'm happy enough to see that particular custom tossed into the waste bin of history, but the general sense of decorum and personal appearance from that era is much missed. That's part of the diversity/cultural dilution project -- destroy prevailing aesthetic standards.

Public transportation was deliberately destroyed in the U.S. circa the '50s and consigned entirely to the lower classes, bus routes limited to one squalid venue of theirs gong to another, and the elites walled off from any contact with the great unwashed. Would you believe that Los Angeles once had the best streetcar system in the world?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 12:15 pm
"Somewhat like this?" Go check out footage from any sporting event up until the mid-'60s. Virtually all the men are in coat and tie, even on weekends. I'm happy enough to see that particular custom tossed into the waste bin of history, but the general sense of decorum and personal appearance from that era is much missed. That's part of the diversity/cultural dilution project -- destroy prevailing aesthetic standards.

Public transportation was deliberately destroyed in the U.S. circa the '50s and consigned entirely to the lower classes, bus routes limited to one squalid venue of theirs gong to another, and the elites walled off from any contact with the great unwashed. Would you believe that Los Angeles once had the best streetcar system in the world?
Well I wasn't talking about the dress style or clothing. I was talking about how the people in the video above were so friendly and sociable to strangers on the bus. I know the dialogue was probably scripted. But I'm sure people were sort of like that back then, in terms of being social with strangers I mean. Not ignoring everyone around them and putting a cold wall around yourself like people on the West Coast do today. Did you see that film above of the Greyhound bus ride across America? lol. It was so rad. lol

Rock told me that when flights in the US became cheaper and affordable to average people, everyone started flying, so the bus routes were stripped down and only catered to the lowest classes. We forget that before the 1970's, flying was a lot more expensive and only reserved for the rich.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Can you guys imagine Thai ladyboys or Filipino ladyboys walking around 1950's America like shown in the videos above? lol. Wouldn't they fit in and blend in naturally without being noticed? lol. Wouldn't they not be a distraction or disruption? lol. Wouldn't they be accepted with warmness and open arms? lol. Wouldn't no one be bothered or outraged by them? lol (sarcastic) If only someone could use a time machine to bring SE Asian ladyboys back to the 1950's. lol. That would be such a trip. It'd be priceless to see. lol. Can you guys imagine that? lol. It'd be so funny and hilarious. lol

Or what if you went back in time to 1950's America and went around showing people there your tattoos? lol. That'd be a trip too. lol
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 10:40 am
gsjackson wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 12:15 pm

Well I wasn't talking about the dress style or clothing. I was talking about how the people in the video above were so friendly and sociable to strangers on the bus. I know the dialogue was probably scripted. But I'm sure people were sort of like that back then, in terms of being social with strangers I mean. Not ignoring everyone around them and putting a cold wall around yourself like people on the West Coast do today. Did you see that film above of the Greyhound bus ride across America? lol. It was so rad. lol

Rock told me that when flights in the US became cheaper and affordable to average people, everyone started flying, so the bus routes were stripped down and only catered to the lowest classes. We forget that before the 1970's, flying was a lot more expensive and only reserved for the rich.
I don't recall flying being so expensive before the '70s. The first two times I flew in 1954 and 1955 it was by myself at age 3 and 4. My parents put me on a plane to visit my grandparents in New Orleans for Mardi Gras ("Mister, throw me something"). The grandparents had a little bit of money and probably paid, but they were not the types to shell out a lot of money. I flew to New Orleans four times in the '60s, and my recollection is the fares were well within the reach of a middle class income of the time.

More sociable then? Yeah, for sure, and across the racial divide. My first remembered experience of a black person was sitting next to a black woman coming back on the flight in 1955. She was very solicitous of my welfare and insisted that I eat all my beans. Neighbors actually went outside and talked to each other in those days.

Hey Winston -- you want a wild new conspiracy theory? Check out Alex Jones is really Bill Hicks risen from the grave. I'm a little more than halfway convinced at this point, especially because Hicks looks a heck of a lot more like the current Jones than the guy who was supposed to be Alex Jones before Hicks allegedly resurfaced as him in 1997.
Last edited by gsjackson on July 3rd, 2018, 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Winston wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 10:44 am
Can you guys imagine Thai ladyboys or Filipino ladyboys walking around 1950's America like shown in the videos above? lol. Wouldn't they fit in and blend in naturally without being noticed? lol. Wouldn't they not be a distraction or disruption? lol. Wouldn't they be accepted with warmness and open arms? lol. Wouldn't no one be bothered or outraged by them? lol (sarcastic) If only someone could use a time machine to bring SE Asian ladyboys back to the 1950's. lol. That would be such a trip. It'd be priceless to see. lol. Can you guys imagine that? lol. It'd be so funny and hilarious. lol

Or what if you went back in time to 1950's America and went around showing people there your tattoos? lol. That'd be a trip too. lol
I suppose being a child of 1950s America was the reason the Pattaya freak show was so shocking and repulsive to me. Yes, Americans of that period would have been incredulous to see such specimens in their midst.

Until the early to mid-90s, tattoos were regarded as strictly a lower-class enthusiasm in the U.S., restricted to convicts, motorcycle gang members and Marines or sailors who got shitfaced one night in some seedy port of call. The hipsters probably picked up on them a little sooner, though. I recall going to the 1985 Rose Bowl with some friends, and we walked up and down the main drag in Pasadena on New Years Eve. It was a freak show by the mainstream standards of the day, with lots of tattoos. Never dreamed that would become the norm. Why would people want to make themselves as ugly as possible?
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson wrote:
July 3rd, 2018, 12:55 pm
I don't recall flying being so expensive before the '70s. The first two times I flew in 1954 and 1955 it was by myself at age 3 and 4. My parents put me on a plane to visit my grandparents in New Orleans for Mardi Gras ("Mister, throw me something"). The grandparents had a little bit of money and probably paid, but they were not the types to shell out a lot of money. I flew to New Orleans four times in the '60s, and my recollection is the fares were well within the reach of a middle class income of the time.

More sociable then? Yeah, for sure, and across the racial divide. My first remembered experience of a black person was sitting next to a black woman coming back on the flight in 1955. She was very solicitous of my welfare and insisted that I eat all my beans. Neighbors actually went outside and talked to each other in those days.

Hey Winston -- you want a wild new conspiracy theory? Check out Alex Jones is really Bill Hicks risen from the grave. I'm a little more than halfway convinced at this point, especially because Hicks looks a heck of a lot more like the current Jones than the guy who was supposed to be Alex Jones before Hicks allegedly resurfaced as him in 1997.
Well we should google it sometime to see what the prices on airfare were back in the 50s, 60s and 70s. The prices were probably higher than today, adjusted for inflation of course. Because new things tend to be more expensive but drop in price over time.

I've heard that conspiracy theory about Alex Jones and Bill Hicks. But no one seems to take it seriously. Their voices sound totally different. And there are high school photos of Alex Jones remember? Also they don't look exactly alike either. Many people look similar but not identical. Plus why would Bill Hicks fake his own death? However, it is odd I heard, that Bill Hicks has no grave and his family refuses to comment or address this. What's the strongest evidence that this conspiracy theory is true?

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Bill Hicks was a top shelf impersonator. The Alex Jones voice is one he often used to play a ranting redneck. I'd like to get a look at those high school pictures of Jones. A picture of the early radio talk show Jones looked nothing like the current version, who I think does look quite a bit like Hicks. Same eyes, same teeth, same moles on neck or evidence of removal -- I guess that's the best evidence.

Why would he do it? Hicks was a nihilistic druggie. Jones has often been accused of being an establishment gatekeeper who rounds up all the conspiracy theorist types dues to his uber-exposure, gives them a little bit of truth, but steers them away from the main scam, i.e., the Jews. Maybe the CIA made Hicks an offer he couldn't refuse, including that uber-exposure and wealth beyond what he could dream of as a comedian.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Well I watched some videos about the Alex Jones is Bill Hicks theory. They were amusing and funny. However, look at these many photos comparing them.

https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/alex- ... ill-hicks/

They don't really look like the same man when you seriously look at all their photos. Even if Alex had plastic surgery, still their skin tone is different. I saw that Bill could do a deep voice impression too. But to sustain it everyday as your real voice would be nearly impossible. Also they are different in height too. Bill is a lot taller than Alex. And the teeth are not identical as they claim. They may be similar, but Alex's teeth are more flat and white, while Bill's is more curved and not as straight, white and crisp. So this theory is unlikely.

However, there are some amusing facts under this video that allude to this theory. 17 in fact. See below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcHSyW20in8

Would any one of the following facts prove that Bill Hicks is Alex Jones? The answer is probably not. However, once you necessarily combine the probabilities of each of the factual assertions below, you reach the inescapable conclusion that Bill Hicks is indeed Alex Jones. The implications are frightening. The so-called leader of the “conspiracy theorists” is nothing more than controlled opposition. Mr. Hicks could not have undergone this change without the assistance of an intelligence organization and the complicity of the media. This conspiracy demonstrates how powerful the evil Cabal is and how its grasp is everywhere.

Fact #1

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks (same amount of letters in their names) look very similar and share the same gait (walk with limp), height, mannerisms (e.g., temper), interests, hair part, voice at times (https://youtu.be/ld_smuYyM24 and https://youtu.be/xAuWMzuBAI8), probable eye color, broad shoulders, and facial biometrics. Watch - https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=2m53s.

Fact #2

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks share almost the exact same crooked teeth and spacing. By itself, this is almost conclusive evidence. Some have disputed this allegation, but I refer any reasonable person to the following photo for comparison (noting there is an approx. 20 years difference). At the very least, the teeth very closely match.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mmbjex&s=8#.U9kpQnmBFto

Fact #3

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks share the same close friend and co-producer – Kevin Booth. https://youtu.be/ngMM_Yp5wvk

Fact #4

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks both produced documentaries at Waco and have a strong connection with Sacred Cow Productions. https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/kevintalkswithhicks/ and https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/rush_limbaugh/ and https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/2014/ ... red-cow-2/. Shockingly, Kevin Booth listed both Jones and Hicks as the “Producer” of Booth’s 2013 film. https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/2014/ ... 6/2vv45qh/. Furthermore, Alex Jones replaced Bill Hicks as the new co-owner/star of Sacred Cow Productions. Kevin said that Bill Hicks was developing a “Rush Limbaugh type character” right before he died, and then referred to Alex Jones the “new evil Rush Limbaugh character” on Kevin Booth’s website.

Fact #5

Alex Jones received a Bill Hicks portrait and plaque as an award (on the 10-year alleged death anniversary of Bill Hicks) before any connection between Alex and Bill Hicks was established. https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/2014/ ... cks-award/

Fact #6

Alex Jones was roughly anonymous until after the purported death of Bill Hicks. Bill Hicks supposedly died in 1994; Alex Jones began making public appearances in 1996.

Fact #7

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks both lived in and have a close connection to Austin, Texas.

Fact #8

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks were both in standup comedy. https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=13m15s

Fact #9

Alex Jones and Bill Hicks have the same or similar Gibson guitar. https://mackquigley.wordpress.com/alex- ... me-guitar/

Fact #10

Alex Jones is clearly lying about his age (currently only 44 – yeah right) and eye color and he has certainly had plastic surgery. If Alex Jones is lying about his age, then that proves all of his other records were fabricated. https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=14m30s

Fact #11

Many (e.g., Jerome Corsi, Max Keiser, Kevin Booth, Jon Ronson), including Alex Jones himself (although somewhat jokingly), have repeatedly referred to Alex Jones as Bill Hicks. Jones has never denied the allegation. Combine this fact with the fact that Kevin Booth listed both Jones and Hicks as the “Producer” of Booth’s 2013 film and it clearly appears as though Kevin Booth (their mutual good friend) believes Jones and Hicks are the same person. For example, in the following video Jones calls Kevin Booth his old friend and signs off with “I’m Bill Hicks your host, we’ll be right back.” https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=9m16s

Alex’s friends call him “Bill,” so why shouldn’t we? https://youtu.be/jHXlrTmmXlM

Fact #12

Both Bill Hicks and Alex Jones came from Austin Cable Access (a Time Warner affiliate). https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=17m5s

Fact #13

Alex Jones has strong connections with the CIA, Stratfor, mainstream media (e.g., Time Warner), and Hollywood. Despite his violent statements in public and controversial “conspiracy theorist” views, Alex Jones still somehow gets major media coverage. https://youtu.be/pxb5Rxk3uI4?t=18m1s

Fact #14

The circumstances surrounding Bill Hicks’s death are very questionable. For example, Bill Hicks supposedly died of pancreatic cancer, which is extremely rare at that age. Further, Bill Hicks did not seek visible treatment in a hospital (very strange for a 32-year old celebrity).

Fact #15

The records and photos supplied by Alex Jones have patent signs of fakery. First, Alex Jones’s purported birth records include both a misspelled middle name (“Emric” should have been “Emerick”) and the wrong county of his birth. Second, Jones’s childhood photos show him with different eye colors – http://oi59.tinypic.com/166erd5.jpg. Third, the yearbook photo supposedly shows a bend or crease in the page but which inexplicably managed not to cause any necessary distortion to the squares of any of the effected portrait boxes –https://mackquigley.files.wordpress.com ... -jones.jpg. Fourth, Jones’s head is 150% larger than the other kids on the same alleged yearbook page. Fifth, if Alex Jones has lied about his age as shown in Fact #10, then Jones’s official records must be fabricated.

Fact #16

Kevin Booth, et al. do not exhibit the behavior that normal and reasonable persons would exhibit with respect to the claim that Alex Jones is Bill Hicks. Instead, Booth, et al. exhibit the behavior of individuals who are in on a big inside joke. Kevin Booth’s best friend and business partner, Bill Hicks, supposedly only died at the age 32 from pancreatic cancer – how funny is that? Yet, Booth (now Jones’s best friend) and others joke about it repeatedly and often repeat the claim that Jones is indeed Hicks. At one time, Booth even said that Jones was funnier than Bill Hicks. Any reasonable person in like circumstances would exhibit much more reverence and disdain on the matter. Here’s the quote from Kevin Booth:

“Even Joe Rogan has gone back and forth since I first introduced him to Alex. He keeps flipping back and forth between ‘Either this guy is a complete lunatic, or its’ almost like he is some kind of savant that is seeing into the future on some weird level.’ What’s weird is that I think Alex is one of the funniest guys I have ever known. I mean, I think that Alex is funnier than Bill. Alex makes me laugh harder than Bill ever did. He is such a genuine character.” The Maybe Quarterly, June 26, 2003.

Does this sound like the best friend of a 32-year old man that died from pancreatic cancer (very rare for a 32-year old)?

Similarly, Alex Jones explicitly stated that he is a "whole lot funnier than Bill Hicks and a lot more successful than him." https://youtu.be/pYXT9GaX6Kg.

Fact #17

On page 423 ("Bill Hicks: Agent of Evolution" by Kevin Booth - https://www.amazon.com/Bill-Hicks-Evolu ... 0007198299) (remember, Kevin Booth is now the best friend of Alex Jones), Kevin wrote in Hicks's biography that on the way back from Bill Hicks's supposed funeral, Kevin Booth claimed that Bill "had appeared sitting shotgun" in Kevin's car and then Bill proclaimed that "he had done it ... that he had pulled off the world's biggest joke like it was all a magic trick." https://youtu.be/nN8TJ_lXJ-s. How much more evidence do you need?

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

Winston wrote:
July 2nd, 2018, 3:14 am
How come today, when you get on a Greyhound bus, the people there look so low class, degenerate and trashy?
Just one of several reasons I don't like taking Greyhound. It's mostly sketchy-looking folks who take it. Even more than that, there are often delays or random cancellations, and problems with the buses like breaking down and having passengers stranded because there is not another bus coming for several hours. The buses aren't that comfortable, especially on 9-hour trips; and they sometimes smell awful. And once I saw an open soda bottle left on the bus I took from Albuquerque to El Paso when I was returning to Mexico after visiting family and friends in the U.S. Also, their scheduling can occur at odd times of the day depending on the route. There's one bus that leaves Albuquerque for El Paso at close to 5 a.m., and the next one leaves after 5 p.m. and gets into El Paso like close to 10 p.m.

On the other hand, executive and first-class buses in Mexico are miles ahead of Greyhound. Buses are state-of-the-art and manufactured by European brands like Volvo, Irizar, and MAN. When you board you're given a complimentary sandwich and drink. The passenger cabin is closed off from the driver's cockpit, and is also more spacious. Seats are larger, recline, and offer more legroom (you can sleep on the bus). On many buses, you're shown a movie during the trip. But recently, companies have been installing individual monitors at every seat allowing you to choose between music, movies, and video games. Routes are faster and more direct as they take high-speed toll roads (autopistas) wherever feasible and don't make many stops on the way. And if a scheduled stop is in a small town, it's never at a McDonald's or a gas station convenience store right off of the interstate. Instead of one big national company, there are HUNDREDS of regional bus companies with executive and first-class service (e.g. Omnibus de México, ETN/Turistar, Primera Plus, Futura Select, etc.) Ever since the Mexican government began investing in the country's road infrastructure (especially toll-roads) in the early 1990s, the bus companies have been adding more routes and even more buses in their fleet to facilitate traversing the country by bus.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

The Airline Deregulation Act went into effect in 1978, and that's what made flying more popular and affordable to average people.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson,
You know how there are some old men out there who know how to tell a good story that spooks you and captivates you, whether it's true or not? Well here is one of them. This old man who has a background in the music industry and claims that he has received "the offer" at the crossroads one point from the "dark forces" that rule the entertainment industry, explains what he thinks might have been the motives and reasons for Bill Hicks to fake his death and become Alex Jones. Whether it's true or not, it's a spooky story that will run a chill up your spine, so it's worth listening to for entertainment value at least so I think you will enjoy it. lol

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

gsjackson,
If you think that was a wild conspiracy theory, here are some that are even wilder. lol

- Did you know that the OJ Simpson case was a theatrical stage, and his alleged murders were faked? Nicole Brown Simpson lived on as her sister, Denise Brown, who incredibly didn't exist before the murders took place. But this isn't the first time such a thing happened. See below. Also, Marcia Clark was not a real attorney but an actress. She got roles in movies and TV shows after the OJ trial was over, and no record of her in law school or in legal firms existed prior to the OJ trial.

- Did you know the Manson murders and the murder of Sharon Tate was hoaxed too? Sharon Tate may have lived on as her younger sister Patti Tate, who again, had no record of her existence prior to 1970 it seems. So famous women have faked their death before and lived out the rest of their lives as their sisters, who were invented after their alleged death. lol

I know this sounds crazy and ridiculous. However, when you look at these papers below by Miles Mathis, you will think twice and raise an eyebrow. At first I thought he would sound like a total loon and crackpot, but when you actually sit down and read his papers, you are instead impressed. He is highly intelligent and his research and analytical skills are very meticulous and sharp. And he seems to have an encyclopedia of knowledge, data and facts about everything, as though he were a computer database or human library. He is even a bigger human encyclopedia than momopi is. lol. And he writes like a very intelligent scholar who makes some sense and shows you a lot of data to support his case.

Now, most of his evidence is kind of speculative and has to do with anomalies that have more than one interpretation. However, cumulatively, when you add up all his evidence of fakery, fake photos, anomalies, suspicious circumstances that don't add up, etc. his case does become somewhat plausible. I'm not saying I believe he is right about all this. Maybe he's not. But he does make a strong plausible case for hoax and fakery in his papers. And he is not as crazy or loony as you might expect. Just read his papers and analysis below, and you'll see what I mean. lol. Either way, you will learn a lot of things you didn't know about these cases that will surprise you. Here's the links:

The OJ Simpson murders and trials were faked:
http://mileswmathis.com/oj.pdf

The Manson Murders and Sharon Tate Murder were faked:
http://mileswmathis.com/tate.pdf

More of Miles Mathis' papers on faked events and staged history.

http://mileswmathis.com/bestfake.html

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

LOL. Check out this 1950s short film about married life in America and how terrible it is. It shows the couple quarreling over every little thing and unhappy. It looks pretty realistic. I can't believe they would show this in 1950s American television. Didn't they try to make all marriages look happy and ideal back then? lol. Do you think this couple represents the typical married couple in America when they are alone and not being watched by third parties? lol

Description:

Who's Right? by Affiliated Film Producers.; McGraw-Hill Text-Films.

Marriage for Moderns series by Irving Jacoby; Richard Leacock; Judson Gooding; Henry Adelbert Bowman;

Dramatizes the experiences of a young married couple whose quarrels undermine their happiness and prevent the development of adult love based on understanding. The husband sees his wife as spoiled, scheming and selfish. The wife sees her husband as controlling, uncaring and tyrannical. After keeping house and grocery shopping all day, the wife waits for the husband to come home from work. When he arrives he is preoccupied and complaining about the atmosphere at work. He does not seem to notice that his wife worked hard all day as well, especially to create a special dinner. Without saying a good word about the house, dinner or her looks, the husband talks on and on about what he has been working on at work, and the difficulties he has encountered. She is bored of hearing about his job and bored of her life at home. She would appreciate some attention and affection. He needs to feel that what he does is important. They argue about whether they are paying attention to each other and about how the money should be spent. Each of them wants to make up but neither wants the other to think he or she is right.

MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Post by MattHanson1990 »

I have a hard time believing marriages typically being terrible in the 1950s. Back then divorce rates were a lot lower than they are today, and most couples who got married that decade or earlier stayed intact through old age. The nuclear family also stayed intact. I say this because American culture was far more wholesome and promoted family values back in the '50s, whereas today it's completely degenerate.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
February 24th, 2020, 9:15 am
I have a hard time believing marriages typically being terrible in the 1950s. Back then divorce rates were a lot lower than they are today, and most couples who got married that decade or earlier stayed intact through old age. The nuclear family also stayed intact. I say this because American culture was far more wholesome and promoted family values back in the '50s, whereas today it's completely degenerate.
True. But just because most couples stayed together back then, doesn't mean they weren't miserable behind closed doors or in private. I was told that back in the 50's a family kept their problem to themselves and did not share it with others, even if there was abuse going on. A friend of mine told me that his grandmother told him that. So any problems you had were kept secret because it was a shame to reveal that you didn't have a happy harmonious family like like you were supposed to back then.