Was modernity inevitable?

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Was modernity inevitable?

Post by Cornfed »

While pestilential cultures like the Jews might seem behind the problems with the modern world, it might be that they just got in front of what would have happen anyway. The problems arguably stem from the obsolescence of the European warrior nobility. It stood to reason that this obsolescence would cause functionaries and middlemen (such as the Jews) to want to take over from or merge with the nobility. To depose the nobility it follows that they would promote the “equality” bullshit, which in turn would lead to the expansion of the franchise to women and blacks and what have you. With the landed nobility being deposed, it follows that industrial capitalism would take the fore and following the profit motive causes capitalists to be first nationalists, then imperialists, then globalists. So maybe the hellhole we live in today was inevitable.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Was modernity inevitable?

Post by gsjackson »

Sounds very Nietzschean. I got myself kicked out of a Nietzsche seminar for suggesting that poor demure Friedrich suffered from penis envy of the ancient warrior chieftains who kicked ass and swilled blood from a goat's horn.

Best to be careful about modeling psychopaths. I give you those bellicose keyboard commandos extraordinaire, the neocons, who may yet succeed in destroying the world.