The All Time Worst People In History

If you're a history buff, love to talk about history and watch the History Channel, this is the board for that.
GooMacgle
Freshman Poster

The All Time Worst People In History

Post by GooMacgle »

I have to admit that I don't get many of the topics on this section of the board, but I saw this ranking of the worst people in history and noticed several characters that people on this section of the board seem to like to discuss. Just giving everyone another data point to consider. Enjoy!

Ranking of the Worst People In History As Ranked By Crowdsourcing
1. Adolf Hitler
2. Joseph Stalin
3. Pol Pot
4. Osama bin Laden
5. Idi Amin
6. Kim Jong-il
7. Mao Zedong
8. Heinrich Himmler
9. Joseph Goebbels
10. Josef Mengele
11. Saddam Hussein
12. Benito Mussolini
13. Vlad III the Impaler
14. Charles Manson
15. Caligula
16. Nero
17. Jim Jones
18. Jeffrey Dahmer
19. Kim Il-sung
20. Robert Mugabe

Source: http://www.ranker.com/crowdranked-list/ ... in-history
ringspun
Freshman Poster

Post by ringspun »

I wouldn't believe most of these are as bad as the US media makes out, even Saddam Hussein was adored by his people for a long long time, treated like a god if you read autobiographies from around the early 90's of his people.

Josef Mengele survived well on being paid off by the Americans and lived a great life in South America in return for his "Works Findings"

I would put a couple of American Presidents up there too, but won't start a war!

One would be who started the slaying of Native Indians in the US and I bet those slaughtered amount to way more than half of these guys did altogether.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

I'd put Mao Zedong closer to the top as he pretty much caused a famine that killed around 60 million people. Also if you look up some of the worst serial killers in history, you'll find that most make Dahmer and Manson look somewhat sane. Examples being Elizabeth Bathory, Pedro Lopez, and Gilles De Rais (this bastard was ridiculous).