A giant list of things men find unattractive in women

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
mattyman
Junior Poster

A giant list of things men find unattractive in women

Post by mattyman »

Hey all,

Just been dabbling through various types of dating advice. Instead of of the usual looking at what women want in a man, I stumbled across an article talking about what men find unattractive in women, many of which resonate with me. The article was from thelist.com and titled surprising things guys find unattractive
https://www.thelist.com/47981/surprisin ... et_4533196.

Here is my list, with things that are added that are not in the article.
  • Excessive make-up
  • ‘High maintenance’ insecurity
  • Excessively aggressive masculine attitude (e.g. innit but wo’evu’ bruv; added)
  • Narcissism, lack of humility
  • Being a gossip
  • Bad mouthing your ex partners
  • Excess negativity
  • Cattiness and meanness
  • Resting bitch face/perma-scowl (added)
  • Talking like an airhead
  • Deep coarse and rough voices (added)
  • Being the ‘party girl’ (the ‘ladette’, regularly getting drunk)
  • Playing hard to get
  • Piercings & tattoes (shh, we’re not allowed to say that!)
We all find these things off-putting. We will all agree that a lot of the traits above are much more common among women from the USA and UK than they are from many other countries around the world. I'm cock-sure that these things are not as common among say, Fillapina's or Thais. Even in Spain fewer of these treats. The more Anglo you go and the lower down the socio-economic scale, the more likely it is that MORE items from this list will manifest, in some cases ALL. Even within England, those traits get less and less common among girls from market towns and villages, cathedral cities, university cities compared with council estates, industrial areas and run-down seaside towns.

Other things that were in the article that I don't always agree with (it's reassuring to see the nice guy dynamic applies the other way round);
  • Having no life (cover this in a future post, it's also a concern of both guys and girls, do I have to be sky-diving & going to Australia every year)
  • Having no ambition
  • Being needy (the 'you there' texts', fishing for compliments etc. this can apply equally to women (but probably happens less often in Anglo-American than it does in East Asia))
  • Having predictable hobbies (a common concern a lot of guys and girls have is 'will I be seen as boring'
  • Always agreeing(a 'nice guy' behaviour, it's reassuring that this applies the other way)
I had to mention these because they were in the linked article, but a) I don't agree that they're universally unattractive & b) it goes to show that a lot of things that men are told turn women off also apply to women, which is reassuring.
Neo
Junior Poster

Re: A giant list of things men find unattractive in women

Post by Neo »

I like women. It's evil women I don't like. Cunning craftiness, manipulation, treachery, evil motives, disrespect, false pretenses, etc.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Most of the traits western women have are a turn off, obesity, arrogance, materialistic, unfriendly, etc. No wonder why more and more men are going overseas to find good women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
flowerthief00
Junior Poster

Post by flowerthief00 »

Obesity should be #1 on the list. It is why Asian women are killing it in the sexual marketplace, because they aren't that. These days it seems every fellow I know is after Asian women, who often maintain good looks into their 40's, to their credit, due to having taken diet and exercise (and skincare) seriously throughout their lives.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

-Fat upper arms.
-Excessive body fat in the wrong places
-Slapping a man on his arm hard when he tells a joke.
-Being loud.
-Not engaging in conversation
-Dominating a conversation.
- Chattering on about stuff men care little about-high heel shoes or makeup.
Ryan80
Freshman Poster

Post by Ryan80 »

-Nagging
-Being over dramatic
-Over-reacting
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

I've seen some men marry really ugly women but the #1 thing men will not tolerate is a women that is rude.

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

MrMan wrote:
December 28th, 2019, 11:32 am
-Fat upper arms.
-Excessive body fat in the wrong places

The obesity epidemic is alive and well in the United States! :shock:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
mattyman
Junior Poster

Post by mattyman »

Of course obesity is unattractive, I left that out because I was aiming to generate a discussion about things that are unattractive beyond physical appearances & why these things are more common in western countries.

RE
"-Being loud.
-Not engaging in conversation
-Dominating a conversation.
- Chattering on about stuff men care little about-high heel shoes or makeup."
Oh yes, definitely resonates. Chattering on about stuff that men care little about, isn't that just poor social skills? Talking about nothing but yourself and what you're interested in is widely-regarded as a turnoff. This is the same dynamic of the girl who says she finds guys who only talk about sports boring. It's the same thing. I think in this case, a lot of men might be too afraid to show or dis-interest in the same way it would be the other way round.

Dominating conversation; yuck! They say women hate it when men do it, but women do it too (shhh! that's not pc.. (honest me; f**k-off pc brigade!)).
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

flowerthief00 wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Obesity should be #1 on the list.
Look at this behemoth trying to sell herself as a "thick" sugarbaby (more like hippopotamus baby than sugarbaby, if you ask me):
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I hate:

-Women who gaslight men.

-Women who don't respect a man's choice or critical opinions about women.

-Women who refuse to take "no" for an answer.

-Women who can't handle rejection.

-Women who use violence against men in order to set themselves up as the true victim.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

The #1 turn off for me based on my interactions are liberal women who think they are smarter than men or know everything when they don't actually know anything and got by their entire lives on their looks and on being female.

Because of the Dunning-Kruger effect they don't know how stupid they are and lacking any common sense they view grown men with lots of life experience as their intellectual inferiors. :shock: Their boyfriends are usually single-mom raised and dumb so maybe they think all men are to be talked down to.

When you take a bad person and allow them to be told all their lives that they are special because they are female, and combine it with low intelligence and a liberal savior complex, what you get is a very ugly person that no one wants to deal with. Most of the time they are big sluts who judge men very harshly on their looks and salary while virtue signaling as vegans or other fads that are supposed to show what a good person they are. They are usually atheist because they don't want guilt for their promiscuous behavior, but sometimes they are church goers also to excuse or hide their promiscuous behavior. Sheltered from real problems to them the most important issue of our time is having access to free abortions and having a woman president so Hillary gets their vote every time.

Stupidity is a turn off because among other immediate reasons I subconsciously recognize if I had kids with a woman like that the kids would be stupid as hell. It's okay if she's stupid but humble and hard working, but not those who ignore the role of men in their pampered lives while claiming they are strong and independent and more intelligent and capable than any man. That is a huge turn off as are angry women who slut it up in college and date stupid men and make stupid decisions and then blame all men for their problems. For me those are the ugliest types of women you will find in America and all too often they'll be the same woman.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

flowerthief00 wrote:
December 26th, 2019, 8:27 pm
Obesity should be #1 on the list. It is why Asian women are killing it in the sexual marketplace, because they aren't that. These days it seems every fellow I know is after Asian women, who often maintain good looks into their 40's, to their credit, due to having taken diet and exercise (and skincare) seriously throughout their lives.

I am also seeing more and more men of all races with Asian women. I almost never see an obese Asian woman. :D