Better to look good than to be good

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Zambales
Experienced Poster

Re: Better to look good than to be good

Post by Zambales »

People's definition of evil differs it seems.

An individual who enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on others would be my interpretation.

Immoral people can't be classed in the same category, but like Neo alluded to, they should be avoided whenever possible because they can't be trusted. The same can be said about those who are self-absorbed because only one person matters to them and it's not you or anybody else.

Referring back to the topic title Better to look good than to be good, anyone who follows this pretentious notion is not a genuine person and should therefore be placed in the group in the paragraph above.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Zambales wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:11 am

An individual who enjoys inflicting physical or mental suffering on others would be my interpretation.

Immoral people can't be classed in the same category, but like Neo alluded to, they should be avoided whenever possible because they can't be trusted. The same can be said about those who are self-absorbed because only one person matters to them and it's not you or anybody else.
Well stated. That's the real message for me. If a woman is attracted to an evil man, then that says everything about her. A good woman would usually not knowingly select an evil man. She would avoid him and select a good man.

If a man encounters a bad woman, there is no need to destroy her. All he needs to do is leave her alone. Her destructiveness will eventually destroy her on her own. He doesn't need to sully himself.

This is what I am trying to say. I am not trying to enter any debates about Hitler or rape or get entangled in a flame-war.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Neo wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:23 am
Zambales wrote:

Well stated. That's the real message for me. If a woman is attracted to an evil man, then that says everything about her. A good woman would usually not knowingly select an evil man. She would avoid him and select a good man.

If a man encounters a bad woman, there is no need to destroy her. All he needs to do is leave her alone. Her destructiveness will eventually destroy her on her own. He doesn't need to sully himself.

This is what I am trying to say. I am not trying to enter any debates about Hitler or rape or get entangled in a flame-war.
Well don't ever refer to yourself as good, because good engages and overcomes evil and does not simply let it flourish, grow, and continue to victimize others.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

I'm not excusing this phenomenon, but I am aiming to understand and explain it. Part of it is the "halo effect". Simply put, if you're attractive you get a free pass to act how you want. Another is this internal thing with women who respond to violent/criminal men because it shows some kind of baseline aptitude to defend the tribe. Obviously, a violent man has no issue killing an enemy tribe if their warriors are sent to annex them.

As said above, I'm not excusing this. In fact, I have no sympathy for the women who cohabilitate with unhinged men and then cry "where are all the good men?!". However, it helps to take an objective, egoless view of humanity and their behaviours (sometimes), in order to explain why they do what they do.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 9:13 am
Neo wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 3:23 am
Zambales wrote:

Well don't ever refer to yourself as good, because good engages and overcomes evil and does not simply let it flourish, grow, and continue to victimize others.
So now you tell me what I should refer to myself as? Is this your business? Do I tell you how to refer to yourself?

This thread is about interpersonal relationships, specifically romantic relationships. A good or wise person usually avoids forming a romantic relationship with a person who is evil. In other words, a good woman does not seek out bad boys. Bad women are excited by bad men. Good women are looking for good men. Has this escaped you?

This has nothing to do with crime or protecting innocent people from crime. It is about refraining from forming romantic relationships with wicked individuals. This is as plain as the noonday.

If you hate Christianity and virtues and you want to judge me, then you only testify against yourself.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 1:04 pm
A good or wise person usually avoids forming a romantic relationship with a person who is evil. In other words, a good woman does not seek out bad boys. Bad women are excited by bad men. Good women are looking for good men. Has this escaped you?
That has no basis in reality. Inexperienced and naive people are often attracted to bad people. That is almost a rite of passage in the maturation process. In the beginnings of romantic relationships, it is not often clear who is good and who is bad, so people rely on ATTRACTION.
Neo wrote: If you hate Christianity and virtues and you want to judge me, then you only testify against yourself.
I do judge Christianity as one of the weakening factors of the West. It dupes people into passivity and irrationality, your posts above only prove that further.

That you feel personally judged means that your ego is completely wrapped up in Christianity, not a healthy way to be in my opinion.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

If a person has committed a crime, the proper thing to do is arrest that person and turn him over to the police. The judge can then determine the fate of that individual. However, this is not relevant to this thread.

Some people like to argue because of hatred. That is not a reason to have a discussion.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

As for the West, it was destroyed by Cultural Marxism - which took over universities and the education system, the media and which infiltrated governments. Also some billionaire or trillionaire bankers and businessmen who only care about their money. Christianity has nothing to do with it. Anyone can look into this and see this for what it is. The plan is basically public. Just search for Cultural Marxism, the Frankfurt School.
Man With a Plan
Freshman Poster

Post by Man With a Plan »

Ah, the intellectually void chasm of Happier Abroad . . .

> OP posts about the halo effect
> idiots bicker about religion
> halo effect is explained
> idiots continue to bicker about religion

Never change, HA.
BACK IN IT! || Happier Abroad Discord Server now open!

Knowledge Seeker | Sleeping Revolutionary | Lone Wolf
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
July 27th, 2019, 2:11 pm
Christianity has nothing to do with it. Anyone can look into this and see this for what it is.
Christianity has everything to do with weakening the West. Christianity, by design, weakens or suspends the ability of people to think, reason, and obtain objective truth. By requiring people to rely on the Bible and clerics to do their thinking for them makes unintelligent, less capable, and less likely to realize their fullest potential.

If you go to every ghetto or trailer park, you will find them chock full of the most devout Christians in America. How is Christianity working out for them? And ask yourself what role Christianity plays in convincing these people that there is high virtue in remaining poor and ignorant (Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth, Matthew 5:5)

The fact that basic logic and reason does not resonate with you, tells me you are likely the member of a Christian CULT, not a mere denomination. Whatever the case, a good illustration of how Christianity (and their cults) damage people's intellect is below:

Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

Poverty in the First World is often the result of fatherless households, which is a result of leftist policies that remove men from the role of fatherhood and grant money to women for living without those fathers.

This is a violation of true Christianity because the father is the head of the household and the wife or mother of the man's children is to be obedient to the man. Leftists and Western governments violate Christianity by putting women in charge.

Therefore we can say that modern poverty is not the result of Christians or Christianity but rather government policies that prevent fathers from assuming a positive and active role in the family.

For more information on this, look up the Garbage Generation by Daniel Amneus.

We can all see that the modern TV shows and music glorify the wrong things in life, and people often want to live up to a degenerate image presented to them by the media. Christianity would say most of those things being glorified in the media are wrong. Therefore not the fault of Christianity.

All of this is misplaced and the fault is cultural Marxism: the leftist takeover of the media, universities and the school system, and western governments.

In fact, blacks were doing quite well in the past before much of the intervention of the leftists, and the country and the world were much more devout in Christianity before now. It is cultural Marxism.

Another thing that ruins societies is hard drugs, because many drug addicts will not be able to work, leading to poverty. This is one problem the USA has in particular, due to its proximity to many countries that grow those plants.

Many people in the world think they are Christian but not everyone who calls Jesus Lord is a Christian. That should be well-known by now. Many are only Christian in name but don't truly believe in Jesus. Just like there are Republicans who are really Democrats. Just like there are Democrats who are actually totalitarian communists. It's a fine distinction but it exists if the person is willing and able to look deeply enough.

Also, meek means humble. It doesn't mean ignorant. There is no defect in the Christian mind. Christianity has a different set of morals which atheists shun and shame, but it is perfectly upright. A saved person who reads the Bible and knows things from the Bible is not an ignorant person.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 2:22 pm
Poverty in the First World is often the result of fatherless households, which is a result of leftist policies that remove men from the role of fatherhood and grant money to women for living without those fathers.

This is a violation of true Christianity because the father is the head of the household and the wife or mother of the man's children is to be obedient to the man. Leftists and Western governments violate Christianity by putting women in charge.

Therefore we can say that modern poverty is not the result of Christians or Christianity but rather government policies that prevent fathers from assuming a positive and active role in the family.

We can all see that the modern TV shows and music glorify the wrong things in life, and people often want to live up to a degenerate image presented to them by the media. Christianity would say most of those things being glorified in the media are wrong. Therefore not the fault of Christianity.

All of this is misplaced and the fault is cultural Marxism: the leftist takeover of the media, universities and the school system, and western governments.

In fact, blacks were doing quite well in the past before much of the intervention of the leftists, and the country and the world were much more devout in Christianity before now. It is cultural Marxism.

Another thing that ruins societies is hard drugs, because many drug addicts will not be able to work, leading to poverty. This is one problem the USA has in particular, due to its proximity to many countries that grow those plants.

Many people in the world think they are Christian but not everyone who calls Jesus Lord is a Christian. That should be well-known by now. Many are only Christian in name but don't truly believe in Jesus. Just like there are Republicans who are really Democrats. Just like there are Democrats who are actually totalitarian communists. It's a fine distinction but it exists if the person is willing and able to look deeply enough.

Also, meek means humble. It doesn't mean ignorant. There is no defect in the Christian mind. Christianity has a different set of morals which atheists shun and shame, but it is perfectly upright. A saved person who reads the Bible and knows things from the Bible is not an ignorant person.
It is quite funny that you give Cultural Marxism more power than Christianity. CM is so overwhelming that it renders Christianity powerless to uplift people in your mind. Moreover, CM was the true cause of America’s demise, you still ignore the fact that the anti intellectualism that gave rise to CM is a consequence of Christian hostility to people thinking for themselves.

Also, blacks are the most Christian demographic group in America, yet you cite fatherlessness and drugs as too powerful to overcome, Christian or not.

Finally, you resort to the classic “No true Scotsman” fallacy by saying all those people who call themselves Christian are not really Christian at all. Only your tiny, obscure sect of Christians are true Christians thereby confirming that you are operating in a cult.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 28th, 2019, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

July 28th, 2019, 3:46 pm
Neo wrote:

It is quite funny that you give Cultural Marxism more power than Christianity. CM is so overwhelming that it renders Christianity powerless to uplift people in your mind. Moreover, CM was the true cause of America’s demise, you still ignore the fact that the anti intellectualism that gave rise to CM is a consequence of Christian hostility to people thinking for themselves.

Also, blacks are the most Children demographic group in America, yet you cite fatherlessness and drugs as too powerful to overcome, Christian or not.

Finally, you resort to the classic “No true Scotsman” fallacy by saying all those people who call themselves Christian are nit really Christian at all. Only your tiny, obscure sect of Christians are true Christians thereby confirming that you are operating in a cult.
If you don't want to examine the facts beneath the surface, then that is of course your choice. It just seems like a knee-jerk rejection without scrutiny, which is of course your right, but then why bother? Why do you keep it up with this anyhow? Your words against Christianity don't amount to much, except for proving to God whose side you're on.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Neo wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 3:58 pm
Neo wrote:

Also, blacks are the most Children demographic group in America, yet you cite fatherlessness and drugs as too powerful to overcome, Christian or not.

Finally, you resort to the classic “No true Scotsman” fallacy by saying all those people who call themselves Christian are nit really Christian at all. Only your tiny, obscure sect of Christians are true Christians thereby confirming that you are operating in a cult.
If you don't want to examine the facts beneath the surface, then that is of course your choice. It just seems like a knee-jerk rejection without scrutiny, which is of course your right, but then why bother? Why do you keep it up with this anyhow? Your words against Christianity don't amount to much, except for proving to God whose side you're on.
There are other people who want their suspicions about Christianity validated and confirmed so I beg to differ. Moreover, your irrational responses to much of what I have exposed do great harm to your credibility, thus you’ll be less likely to steer others into the brainwashing of your faith.

Also, if there is a god, certainly he loves truth, righteousness, and encouraging people to expand their knowledge, not condense it into boxes of religious faith.

I think you are a bright guy, but somewhere along the way you hit a snag and this prevents you from growing to meet your fullest intellectual potential. You will never achieve that living to serve a Christian cult.
Last edited by Contrarian Expatriate on July 28th, 2019, 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

July 28th, 2019, 5:43 pm
Neo wrote:
July 28th, 2019, 3:58 pm
Neo wrote:

There are other people who want their suspicions about Christianity validated and confirmed so I beg to differ. Moreover, your irrational responses to much of what I have exposed due great harm to your credibility, thus you’ll be less likely to steer others into the brainwashing of your faith.

Also, if there is a god, certainly he loves truth, righteousness, and encouraging people to expand their knowledge, not condense it into boxes of religious faith.

I think you are a bright guy, but somewhere along the way you hit a snag and this prevents you from growing to meet your fullest intellectual potential. You will never achieve that living to serve a Christian cult.