Agressive Taiwanese Girl Upset About Guy Not Calling

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Agressive Taiwanese Girl Upset About Guy Not Calling

Post by MrMan »

Way back when in the early 1990's, I was in college. The university hosted an international hour that probably had one or two hundred internationals in one of the large rooms there on campus. Different organizations would volunteer to bring snacks and serve coffee every week.

I had gotten to know a few Chinese students. There was one woman who sat next to me in class who was a grad student, probably about nine or 10 years older than me who was kind of cute. There was another Taiwanese girl. I don't know if I had met her in class or at the international hour, but we had chatted a bit, and she had given me her phone number. The girl was kind of short, in my opinion sort of plain, maybe a 5 or 6, but with hair growing out of her nose. I wasn't interested. At that age, I was either totally oblivious if a girl was interested in me, or just totally oblivious to it if I wasn't interested in her.

So she gave me her number and asked me to call her. And I didn't really think much about it because I wasn't interested in her. It didn't even really occur to me that she liked me as more than a friendand wanted to date me-- or maybe I just did not even think about it because I wasn't attracted to her.

So a while later, I go back to the international hour, and the girl is upset, and says, "Why you no call me!?" So maybe, she said it in proper English. I don't remember. But she was angry. I told her I lived far away got home late at night. That was before cell phones. Socially, it seemed weird that a girl would outwardly display being upset about such a thing without being embarrassed.

Anyway, I thought this was weird. It wasn't like I took her out and told her I'd call. It was like she thought I had an obligation to call her because I'd given her my number. This was years ago, and it doesn't matter now, but I was hanging out with some Chinese recently and this stuff came to mind. But I am wondering if this is a normal thing in Taiwanese culture, or if it was just this girl's personality that caused her to act that way.