Online Dating in the U.S. sucks

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Online Dating in the U.S. sucks

Post by Slick »

I'm currently living in the U.S. and I'm trying online dating. For the few months that I'm trying it, overall I say that it sucks. Whenever I "match" with a woman all I get are messages filled with p0rn links sent to me. No thanks, not going to risk clicking on it and the cops raiding my home. Then when I have an actual conversation with a woman, all of a sudden, she disappears and I never hear from her again. I thought online dating would be better as there are barely any single women in real life. I guess I was fooled.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Online Dating in the U.S. sucks

Post by jamesbond »

Slick wrote:I'm currently living in the U.S. and I'm trying online dating. For the few months that I'm trying it, overall I say that it sucks. Whenever I "match" with a woman all I get are messages filled with p0rn links sent to me. No thanks, not going to risk clicking on it and the cops raiding my home. Then when I have an actual conversation with a woman, all of a sudden, she disappears and I never hear from her again. I thought online dating would be better as there are barely any single women in real life. I guess I was fooled.
In America, online dating only favors women because 60 to 80% of the people who use it are men only 20 to 40% are women. The women are being bombarded with men sending them messages all the time.

The only solution is travel overseas to meet women.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

Since, I'm Indian..I did a testing and put a Model Pic in okcupid for few weeks and sent many replies to women from all over the world. I put my location as San Jose, CA. I got tons of messages from girls all over the world.

In San jose, girls were messaging me every day, and were ready to come out with me, meet me at my place and what not...

LOOKS DO MATTER GUYS...and Then I put my picture and contacted many girls and NOT A SINGLE REPLY>> :lol:

You need to get a good professional photographer to get laid in America, go work out, The more good picture I put, the better replies I get...Its nothing personal...Women get attracted to Looks and Wealth
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Chances are you will not find a real woman online. Most women still do it the natural way. I think the women online are very bad. The good girls aren't using the internet. I've dated women who said things like, "You'd never catch me on there!" And if you look at foreign countries, you'll be disappointed by the women you see online, but when you get there, you could be blown away by the beauty of the average women walking around. I think that tells us who is using the internet to look for men.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
cdnFA
Junior Poster

Post by cdnFA »

I have sent out less than 50 messages. 1 promising lead but the punching bag flaked after about 4 days of hours of chat and lengthy personal emails. 2 meetings, one of which ended after 1.5 hours the other in play, both above my league and well educated, and oddly enough mainland Chinese in Canada for 10 and 20 years. BTW they don't change at all. Also in a wechat situation with the only girl I messaged in China. Except for the flake girl who I got alone with very well, she was otherwise perfect in so many ways, I'd say the two I met plus the others who responded but didn't go anywhere were significantly above my standard in looks and mostly had their stuff together.

I get a look back about 70% of the time, a response of some sort about 10 percent [this Spring] to 20% [last summer] of the time although most of them don't go anywhere.

Here is the weird thing. In the real world I couldn't get a hug in a woman's prison with a fist full of pardons.
I suspect that if I were not a fat slug and if I didn't live an hour away from everyone I contact [small town living for the lose] I'd probably convert more of that 70% to active contacts. One girl next door style hottie even messaged me to that effect. Even more so if I didn't put in a note suggesting that women should pay their own way because it is 2016.

I know a local guy who works a minimum wage dead end job and is a bit pudgy who meets a pretty high proportion of the women he messages although it didn't work out with any of them. Single mothers are not a deal breaker for him. It is for me.

Another weird thing, my two meetings, I didn't contact them with the idea of meeting them. One had a weird profile and I was curious and the other mentioned an author that I decided to get in Interlibrary loan book from.

Aside from the 4 day wonder/former punching bag who flaked, my responses are mostly Chinese and a few Indians. White girls, even very attractive successful ones look at my profile but tend not to respond. I know the lot of ye are thinking white bitch this and feminism that but, one would figure that with the demographics and the fetish issue that oriental chicks could afford to be more picky.

All things considered I haven't done overtly well but I am meeting one girl for the 4th time but... it's complicated. However considering how unattractive I am to women in real life, things are going well.

Also keep in mind that I am messaging the +35 crowd mostly, the flake was 31 though.

In my most recent experience I did encounter one girl from far away who tried to get me to sign up for another site but I am not stunned.
Another girl way too hot messaged me back. However she said she was from Russia and not an hour away. I overlooked it but noticed pretty quick that her emails never actually refereed to anything I said. When a chick says she wants kids and you tell her you don't, you expect some sort of reply. When she asks you to ask her questions and she never replied to said questions... ditto. Either it was a bot or someone sending a pre generated series of messages. Again easy to spot.

As for meeting women in real life. 12 years at university and not a single date and it only gets harder the older you get, especially if you live in a small town with nothing to do filled with slack jawed yokels.

So if a Soggoth like me can get as far as I did, I have no idea why some people fail so badly.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:
Slick wrote:I'm currently living in the U.S. and I'm trying online dating. For the few months that I'm trying it, overall I say that it sucks. Whenever I "match" with a woman all I get are messages filled with p0rn links sent to me. No thanks, not going to risk clicking on it and the cops raiding my home. Then when I have an actual conversation with a woman, all of a sudden, she disappears and I never hear from her again. I thought online dating would be better as there are barely any single women in real life. I guess I was fooled.
In America, online dating only favors women because 60 to 80% of the people who use it are men only 20 to 40% are women. The women are being bombarded with men sending them messages all the time.

The only solution is travel overseas to meet women.
Jamesbond, I agree with you 100%!!! Or American guys could also use foreign online dating sites (with some caution) to meet women and to eventually go abroad to see them.
Slick
Freshman Poster

Post by Slick »

jamesbond wrote: The women are being bombarded with men sending them messages all the time.
On those dating apps that I use, it says that their message box is full and I have to pay to use their service if I want to communicate with her. No thanks :x I'd rather meet a woman for free.
KenPatrick
Freshman Poster

Post by KenPatrick »

Yeah online dating websites really sucks don't waste your time trying them.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Ghost wrote:I'm sorry, I've never heard of this "online dating in the U.S." Did you mean whale watching? :lol:
Plenty of Fish is also known as, "Plenty of Fatties." :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
fightforlove
Junior Poster

Post by fightforlove »

I had a lot of flakes on eHarmony around Chicago area. Women disappearing after 3 successful steps of communication, women around here think a 45 minute drive is a long distance relationship, dates with women who were clearly just sampling and not in a position to find a relationship. Matches dried up pretty fast, tried Match.com and it was even more flakiness, tried OkCupid but literally could not find any women I wanted to message, looks-wise it was a dumpster fire.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

I can't wait for summer, for when the pretty girls start coming outside again. I'm going crazy looking for hot women to talk to. Where do they hide at? I figure most of these women are just waiting for husbands or are complete sluts. Also seems like there has been a population decrease for the white population and an explosion for everyone else. Almost like a dying breed of women.

Oh, and of the white girls who are still around, a sizeable number of them are literal freaks, with their goth rocker metal crap (and you know those women are God haters).
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on December 17th, 2019, 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Adama wrote:I can't wait for summer, for when the pretty girls start coming outside again. I'm going crazy looking for hot women to talk to. Where do they hide at?
We just had our first warm day here in Chicago the temperature hit 80 degrees and lots of sunshine. I did notice a few more young women out walking around but still, it seems like a lot of them are still hiding somewhere. :shock:

From what I hear, in eastern Europe there is a huge surplus of young single women compared to single men. I wish that was the case here in the US.

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

A few of them will be out between June and July. I am planning on going to the beach every weekend this summer, if life goes well, just to look for one of my own. Got to get out there. Ask and it shall be given you. Seek and ye shall find. Knock, and the door shall be opened.