Did anyone see that disturbing episode of Home Improvement?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Here's an interesting comment posted in the blog at the above link that makes some sense:

"Now, I have no problem with theoretical feminism that says that women should be equal to men."

Winston, I have news for you: the "theoretical" feminism that you have no problem with...is the exact same feminism that bit you, me, and every other guy in the ass.

Feminism is and always has been an ideology that advances women's interests. Men are totally out of the picture - unless they can be used to find solutions to advance women's interests. This is the fatal mistake many well-meaning men make when they approach some sweet-talking nonsense like feminism or equality.

There is no "equality" between men and women, because the two sexes are fundamentally different from one another. They must occupy different spheres and take on different roles befitting their different-ness.

The fact is, women in general are more emotionally-prone, less logical/rational, and therefore weaker in the realm of emotional stability and maturity. And this already in addition to their inherently weaker physical strength.

To put it bluntly, women are second-rate in terms of both psychological and physical strength. They are not innovators or inventors. They are not artistic thinkers or writers. They are not builders. They could never, ever create advanced, functioning societies with rich artistic cultures by themselves. Only men can do that.

All of what we see around us today, the technological and artistic advances, is the fruit of man's labors and creative ingenuity. Women have always been out of the picture.

Unlike men, whose nature is aggressive, women's nature is passive; their view of men is far different from men's view of women.

With the two sexes so differently structured, equality in society between men and women is both absurd and un-intelligent.

Feminism - whether "theoretical" or not - is an evil, pure and simple. It is based on spite and vengeance towards men - and must be confronted by men with anger and determination to root it out.
mattizzle81
Freshman Poster

Post by mattizzle81 »

I think men are increasingly waking up to this. We embrace feminism with the best of intentions, but we didn't see what we were doing to ourselves as men by buying into it, somewhere along the way, we lost our identity.

Feminism was supposed to be about equality but what in reality it's turned into is a brainwashing campaign that all things feminine = GOOD, and all things masculine = BAD.

Men are feeling the effects of this and some are seeking to regain their masculinity, while others flounder about in confusion, frustration, and emasculation.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

mattizzle81 wrote:I think men are increasingly waking up to this. We embrace feminism with the best of intentions, but we didn't see what we were doing to ourselves as men by buying into it, somewhere along the way, we lost our identity.

Feminism was supposed to be about equality but what in reality it's turned into is a brainwashing campaign that all things feminine = GOOD, and all things masculine = BAD.

Men are feeling the effects of this and some are seeking to regain their masculinity, while others flounder about in confusion, frustration, and emasculation.
Welcome to modern day America. Feminism does not exist in eastern Europe or Russia, Latin America countries or in Asian countries, that's why women in those countries are so much more friendlier and loving towards men than American women. We men in America need to travel and meet women in those countries. :D
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

*cough*

Men embraced feminism because it opened accessed to sex with women without significant investment or responsibility. Consider, a typical stud today expects to sleep with women who invests a lot of time and money to make herself look attractive, and he is not required to marry and provide for the women. And if she gets pregnant, he expects her to get an abortion.

In the era before feminism, premarital sex was taboo and women maintained their sexual market value for marriage. Only the very powerful or wealthy could keep multiple wives and concubines.

Have a look around any typical college campus today. At least half of the students are sexually active sleeping with each other. In what other era of Western Civilization could young men with little or no assets sleep with many pretty young girls at their most desirable age, all gathered at the same location?
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

momopi wrote:*cough*

Men embraced feminism because it opened accessed to sex with women without significant investment or responsibility. Consider, a typical stud today expects to sleep with women who invests a lot of time and money to make herself look attractive, and he is not required to marry and provide for the women. And if she gets pregnant, he expects her to get an abortion.

In the era before feminism, premarital sex was taboo and women maintained their sexual market value for marriage. Only the very powerful or wealthy could keep multiple wives and concubines.

Have a look around any typical college campus today. At least half of the students are sexually active sleeping with each other. In what other era of Western Civilization could young men with little or no assets sleep with many pretty young girls at their most desirable age, all gathered at the same location?
Great insight! Before the sexual revolution premarital sex was taboo and off limits. You weren't getting any, until the wedding night! Now you can have all the sex you want before you get married (if you can actually meet some women). College is the easiest time of your life to get laid, especially if your in a frat or if your involved with athletics (guys in frats and guys involved with athletics are considered the most desireable by college women). Once you are out of college, it get's a lot harder to meet women and get laid. :roll:
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Which college are you talking about? At my college at Cal State Hayward, all the students only talked to you about class-related things. Anything else was unnecessary and a waste of time to them. There was no social life, and if you tried to get one, you were seen as a freak. People just went to their class and left, and were not interested in meeting people at all. It was a social nightmare! Gloomy, desolate and depressing.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

WWu777 wrote:Which college are you talking about? At my college at Cal State Hayward, all the students only talked to you about class-related things. Anything else was unnecessary and a waste of time to them. There was no social life, and if you tried to get one, you were seen as a freak. People just went to their class and left, and were not interested in meeting people at all. It was a social nightmare! Gloomy, desolate and depressing.
All the friends I made I met while living in a dormitory. I agree, if you don't live on campus and just go to class and then go home, you will probably have no social life! Guys in frats have it the best. They have parties all the time and get laid like rock stars!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

I tried to join a frat once. But there was a lot of commitment involved, you had to like hanging out with guys a lot and living with them too. I didn't really fit into that and didn't want to have to humour a lot of guys and do the macho guy talk all day, just to try to get chicks.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

WWu777 wrote:I tried to join a frat once. But there was a lot of commitment involved, you had to like hanging out with guys a lot and living with them too. I didn't really fit into that and didn't want to have to humour a lot of guys and do the macho guy talk all day, just to try to get chicks.
I tried to join a frat myself but did not like the idea of living in a house with a bunch of guys and having to drink large amounts of alcohol just to fit in with them. I did envy the frat guys because they had no problem meeting girls and getting laid.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jamesbond wrote:
WWu777 wrote:I tried to join a frat once. But there was a lot of commitment involved, you had to like hanging out with guys a lot and living with them too. I didn't really fit into that and didn't want to have to humour a lot of guys and do the macho guy talk all day, just to try to get chicks.
I tried to join a frat myself but did not like the idea of living in a house with a bunch of guys and having to drink large amounts of alcohol just to fit in with them. I did envy the frat guys because they had no problem meeting girls and getting laid.
W: But how do you know if they were really getting laid, or just sitting around talking about it. You know how school guys are, especially in America, they like to brag about how much they're getting laid, even if they really aren't, just to look good.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

There have been many studies and surveys done on how sexually active college students are. Most of the survey just ask "are you sexually active" which is really open to interpretation.

Back when I was in college (in 1990s), the CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) did a survey across the US with specific questions to define the level of sexual activity on college campuses. Approx. 80% of the college students responded that they have had sex, but only 55.4% responded that they had intercourse within the previous 30 days.

So, when you read articles claiming that "80% of college students are sexually active", disregard the figures -- they don't know what the hell they're talking about. The true stats for "sexually active" is probably somewhere between 50%-60% OR LESS.

From personal experience I can say that college was one hell of a meat market. I had so much fun that I decided to stay and took 10 years to get my BA (no joke). From 18-28 I basically had my head between my legs and was happily humping away. Then one day I woke up and realized that my friends had moved on and was already established in their careers and buying houses. I woke up and left, but that's another story.

I'd also note that the colleges I attended were NOT strong academic schools. Had I attended a school that was more academically inclined, I don't think I'd have partied as much.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

WWu777 wrote:
jamesbond wrote:
W: But how do you know if they were really getting laid, or just sitting around talking about it. You know how school guys are, especially in America, they like to brag about how much they're getting laid, even if they really aren't, just to look good.
Your right Winston. A lot of guys say they are getting laid but a lot but some of them are either lying or exaggerating. For instance, when I was in college there was a guy on my dorm floor who bragged to us all the time how he was getting laid left and right. I asked his roommate one day if this guy was getting a laid a lot and he said no. He only slept with 2 girls in 2 years of college so far. Other guys I know in college would be bragging about how many girls they "bagged" only to find out later they were either lying completely or exaggerating. For example, if a guy says he slept with 10 girls, more likely it's 4 or 5. If a guy says he slept with 20 girls, it's more likely 11 or 12. Guys like to brag to their friends how much of a 'stud' they are with women when in reality they may still be virgins!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Many guys in America like to exaggerate or lie about how many women they have slept with. They try to out "macho" the other guy, studies have shown this. When researches ask men how many women they have slept with, it's difficult to get a truthful answer. Men like exaggerate upward on the amount of sex partners they have had and women like to exaggerate downward, the research has shown.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Winston did you live in a dormtory when you were in college?

Post by jamesbond »

WWu777 wrote:Which college are you talking about? At my college at Cal State Hayward, all the students only talked to you about class-related things. Anything else was unnecessary and a waste of time to them. There was no social life, and if you tried to get one, you were seen as a freak. People just went to their class and left, and were not interested in meeting people at all. It was a social nightmare! Gloomy, desolate and depressing.
Winston, did you live in a dorm when you were in college? I met all my friends in college in the dormitory I lived in. For the first two years of college though, I lived at home and went to a junior college and I had NO social life! Then I transferred to a four year college for two and a half years and lived in a dormitory and met lots of people and was able to meet girls. I sure miss those college days! :lol: