How many of you actually Cold Approach girls?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Re: How many of you actually Cold Approach girls?

Post by sentinel89 »

Banano wrote:
Who is doing all the chicks on tinder, facebook ..?

answer: good looking and hot guys
most tinder girls are just looking for validation and ego boosts
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Banano wrote:

But do you see how this could be a terrible conclusion to come to without much of any evidence? This one is pure speculation. Therefore you can not say what type of man is successful. That is a major assumption. It might not be the good looking and hot guys. Most men assume they are excluded due to not being hot, and they will quit from the start. That is a self defeating belief right there.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Adama wrote:
Banano wrote:

But do you see how this could be a terrible conclusion to come to without much of any evidence? This one is pure speculation. Therefore you can not say what type of man is successful. That is a major assumption. It might not be the good looking and hot guys. Most men assume they are excluded due to not being hot, and they will quit from the start. That is a self defeating belief right there.

assumption without evidence? I have done experiments with Tinder and POF, hot guy that is 9 out of 10 gets more ass than the toilet seat.

I only get single mums or fatties if lucky
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Banano wrote:
Adama wrote:
Banano wrote:

assumption without evidence? I have done experiments with Tinder and POF, hot guy that is 9 out of 10 gets more a** than the toilet seat.

I only get single mums or fatties if lucky

How do you know the hot guy actually gets the women? American women are infinitely flaky. It could just be they like chatting with and online flirting with hot men to get their ego validation but they never follow through because they are flaky.

Besides that, years ago I worked with this huge obese bastard. He was over 300lbs probably close to 400. He told me that online dating for him is easy. It certainly was never easy for me, and I gave up on it back around 2004.

I suppose if you are searching for a woman in another country it might be okay, but for me, personal interaction is the best and only way to meet someone. How can you feel anything for a woman's pictures? And how can she feel anything from your pictures? It isnt possible.
suprmon
Freshman Poster

Post by suprmon »

To Adama: What kind of fool do you take us for? No evidence? On what grounds can you base the author has no evidence? How do we all know that 300-400 pound guy "that you claim has no trouble picking up dates on the internet" even exists? Where's your proof in that? Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true! And even if it is, there are things to consider, such as what kind income this guy makes. How many other guys do you know of that have this kind of success with women on dating sites do you know of, because if this is the only one you can conjour up then you need to do some more homework! As many guys that come on this forum and talk about the disappointments they've gotten from these sites shows your proof! If you can't see that as evidence, then you must be new here or are you just one of those ppl who like to lead others into false dreams just to see them heartbroken! Guys are waking up and not buying into that Horatio Algers crap anymore!
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

suprmon wrote:To Adama: What kind of fool do you take us for? No evidence? On what grounds can you base the author has no evidence? How do we all know that 300-400 pound guy "that you claim has no trouble picking up dates on the internet" even exists? Where's your proof in that? Just because you say it doesn't mean it's true! And even if it is, there are things to consider, such as what kind income this guy makes. How many other guys do you know of that have this kind of success with women on dating sites do you know of, because if this is the only one you can conjour up then you need to do some more homework! As many guys that come on this forum and talk about the disappointments they've gotten from these sites shows your proof! If you can't see that as evidence, then you must be new here or are you just one of those ppl who like to lead others into false dreams just to see them heartbroken! Guys are waking up and not buying into that Horatio Algers crap anymore!

You don't have to believe anything I write. You can dismiss everything outright. It doesnt matter much. Believe what you want.

At the time I was making a little more than minimum wage. The guy was a loser. A fat ass, married to another fat ass, single divorced mother, and they were dependent upon the child support of the idiot the woman divorced. I know, nothing stellar.

Personally I think online dating is garbage. So I really don't care, and you won't see me chatting with women online trying to pick them up unless I already know them from real life.

All I am saying, if you are reading clearly without your emotional blinders on, is that just because a guy is good looking, it doesnt necessarily make him successful with online dating. Think about this. Why would a good looking man who is successful with women need to troll online dating websites? Why would any good looking man sit online trying to pick up the trash that is there?

And since we know that AWs are flaky, why wouldnt they flake on him too? They flake on everyone.

You guys have fallen for some terrible things. The first is a misperception of reality. You do not know what other men go through. That is pure speculation.

Secondly, purely envious of good looking men, who probably exist in very small numbers, and who wouldnt be online anyway, cause good looking people who are successful wouldnt need to date online.

Do you think you would find a 10+ female model online trying to look for hot men? Does that make sense to you? Or would she simply rely on real life?

Knowing that women online are more picky than they are in person, do you think a good looking man is going to sit online and get rejected more online than he ever would by women in person? No, a good looking man would not troll the online dating sites to get disrespected by a bunch of single mothers. He'll be out IN PERSON picking up women. A good looking man is good looking offline. He wouldnt need the internet to begin with. And interacting with people, but most especially the b*tches on online dating sites, is one of the most terrible ways to pick up women, because the women who are online are defective and mostly looking to twist the knife deeper.
you must be new here or are you just one of those ppl who like to lead others into false dreams just to see them heartbroken!
That just shows me you can not see clearly. I am saying not to bother with online dating. I am also saying that good looking men online are not sweeping up the women. How is that leading people into false dreams? You must be one hopeless, depressed individual. If I were pushing men into online dating, then you could say I was giving false hope. This thread is about cold approaches. As for myself, I prefer WARM approaches in real life, in person, without electrons involved. How did people meet 100 years ago? 20 years ago? They met in person. I know the world is bigger today and that you can not necessarily marry your neighbor or high school sweetslut, but that doesnt change the fact that humans were meant to meet in person.

I think I've said this before, but what kind of feelings can a picture induce in another person? Those feelings need to be felt by the other person in real life. You can not get strong feelings from few pictures. It has to be done in real life, in person. You need to feel the other person, not simply a facsimile of what they look like.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Adama wrote:
Banano wrote:

http://www.tinderseduction.com/male-mod ... ase-study/

Conclusion

There’s no doubt that all things being equal, a male model will get better results than most guys on Tinder. Everyone accepts that.

But this experiment by GermanLifter might also show that the difference is bigger than most would believe.

Another interesting discussion point as raised by a number of people, was that this experiment exposed a double standard by girls – complaining about the things (average) guys say on Tinder and classify them as creeps. But when those same words come from an attractive guy, they aren’t as creepy… in fact, girls seem to respond positively to it.

Adama
You must be blind, there is plenty of evidence that hot guys clean up on dating site. My friend put on a picture of asian man 8/10 and he he got 10+ messages a day from white women. Most people dont realize how easy good looking guys have it online and offline too, if you are hot enough you could literally fart in their face and they think you are confident alpha.
sentinel89
Freshman Poster

Post by sentinel89 »

Banano wrote:
Adama wrote:
Banano wrote:

http://www.tinderseduction.com/male-mod ... ase-study/

Conclusion

There’s no doubt that all things being equal, a male model will get better results than most guys on Tinder. Everyone accepts that.

But this experiment by GermanLifter might also show that the difference is bigger than most would believe.

Another interesting discussion point as raised by a number of people, was that this experiment exposed a double standard by girls – complaining about the things (average) guys say on Tinder and classify them as creeps. But when those same words come from an attractive guy, they aren’t as creepy… in fact, girls seem to respond positively to it.

Adama
You must be blind, there is plenty of evidence that hot guys clean up on dating site. My friend put on a picture of asian man 8/10 and he he got 10+ messages a day from white women. Most people dont realize how easy good looking guys have it online and offline too, if you are hot enough you could literally fart in their face and they think you are confident alpha.
I actually do get immediate sex offers from moderately attractive women on tinder, but then sometimes I'll get unmatched by a fat woman or ugly woman. It's pretty inconsistent for me. I think you'd need to be a male model with professional pictures that remove any flaws and magnify your jaw line and what not to get a constant influx of immediate sex offers. You can't just take mirror selfies.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Now that is inspiring. I will have to try this out for myself. I'm gonna go out and try this ASAP. This seems really interesting, cause I did not know you could be so direct with American women. And I do see there is a double standard in some cases. Yes, it does depend on who you are.
pro100pk2
Freshman Poster

Post by pro100pk2 »

Talking to strangers is not that difficult. I have no issues just striking out conversation for a start. But the problem is this kind of approach usually lacks depth, and follow-up is unlikely unless the girl sees a practical reason behind it. I never tried filling my head up with a mission of constantly cold approaching girls. I think it is unnatural and a waste of time.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Post by Devil Dog »

pro100pk2 wrote:Talking to strangers is not that difficult. I have no issues just striking out conversation for a start. But the problem is this kind of approach usually lacks depth, and follow-up is unlikely unless the girl sees a practical reason behind it. I never tried filling my head up with a mission of constantly cold approaching girls. I think it is unnatural and a waste of time.
If 'cold approach' means starting a conversation with someone who I don't know, then I do it. If it must include canned stories or 'techniques' then I don't.

Fear of rejection? Doesn't apply. It's just a conversation. Relax, have fun, go with it. Do it a few hundred times and you will have a girlfriend.
Tiger900
Freshman Poster

Post by Tiger900 »

In Italy cold approaching girls is seen as desperate and creepy.
Girls want to be introduced to guys through a common friend, they absolutely hate when a guy approach them out of the blue. They think that a cool guy would never do that because if he's cool he has a social circle and meet girls from it.
They do everything they can to avoid to be bothered by such losers. They walk with friends (never alone), they make phone calls, they put earphones on....whatever.

Either you have a cool social circle or you're out of the dating pool.

In East Europe I sometimes do it but top notch girls (models) don't like it either. They already have big social circle with cool people in it. Average girls are ok with it though and they rarely give hard rejections.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Tiger900 wrote:In Italy cold approaching girls is seen as desperate and creepy.
Girls want to be introduced to guys through a common friend, they absolutely hate when a guy approach them out of the blue. They think that a cool guy would never do that because if he's cool he has a social circle and meet girls from it.
They do everything they can to avoid to be bothered by such losers. They walk with friends (never alone), they make phone calls, they put earphones on....whatever.

Just substitute the word "Italy" with "United States" and you have just described the dating scene for men in America. :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

There is a difference though. Unlike in the USA, in Italy, you may have great luck in joining a good social circle within a short period of time. Same with other countries like Mexico, if you go back and read AmericanInMexico. There used to be an American Army vet named Stallywood who used to say that he could join social circles in Italy within a week or so on a short vacation, and that was how he met women.

So initially it sounds like a bad thing. But it is just the way things are done there, and it saves the woman time in having to determine if you are a dangerous man or a decent man without having to do the work herself (better to have others do it for you, plus the man has a lot of people to answer to).
Tiger900
Freshman Poster

Post by Tiger900 »

jamesbond wrote:
Tiger900 wrote:In Italy cold approaching girls is seen as desperate and creepy.

Just substitute the word "Italy" with "United States" and you have just described the dating scene for men in America. :P
Yeah, I think Italy (but probably the whole Western Europe) isn't really difficult from the US...