Interesting stats on how people meet in the US

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Think Different
Junior Poster

Post by Think Different »

"I wonder if much of this is due to ingrained habits passed down by the Puritans in New England, viewing natural desires as sinful, as well as viewing women as utterly chaste creatures incapable of naughty, carnal thoughts."

I have to disagree with you on this point above. Read up a little on Puritanism, which was an isolated movement in the MassiveTwoShits Gay Colony 200 years ago or more. Besides, Puritanism was about moderation in everything, including sex. It wasn't about total abstinence. That was the Shakers. Most of the original 13 colonies were not Puritan at all.

Someone stated correctly that American women just 50 years ago were very feminine and traditional and not at all like they are today. Look at how classy Jackie Kennedy was, or Eartha Kitt, etc. etc. I think what killed it for America was the stupid hippie/women's lib crap that came out of the 60s and 70s (Gloria Steinem and burn your bras and all that crap--incidentally, she finally got married...guess she grew up and got lonely).

When I lived in Russia, another American guy I knew there and I came up with a silly idea to have an airlift (akin to the Berlin Airlift) between the US and Russia. The idea was to bring 50 million Russian women to the US, where they would get prize men, who would treat them well. Then we'd bring 50 million Ameriskanks to Russia to live in Russia conditions and let the Russia men straighten them out. Wow! Wouldn't the US be a different place!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

RedDog wrote:"When I lived in Russia, another American guy I knew there and I came up with a silly idea to have an airlift (akin to the Berlin Airlift) between the US and Russia. The idea was to bring 50 million Russian women to the US, where they would get prize men, who would treat them well. Then we'd bring 50 million Ameriskanks to Russia to live in Russia conditions and let the Russia men straighten them out. Wow! Wouldn't the US be a different place!
Holy shit what a good idea! We would then get rid of 50 million American women and replace them with 50 million Russian sweethearts! But, I would feel sorry for the Russian men who then would have to deal with 50 million American women! :shock: This will never happen but we can dream can't we? :lol:

ImageImageImage
adam917
Freshman Poster

Post by adam917 »

The funny thing is that even meeting women through friends/family isn't liable to work either. At least in my case it doesn't. I have this one friend that happens to be coupled and it's almost certain that between the two of them, they have to know someone that is single & looking yet neither is even remotely interested in helping me out. The one that's my friend even said that I shouldn't be asking friends about that stuff! Crazy, isn't it?

Edit: Moderators, if this needs to be moved to the thread about meeting women through friends, go ahead and move it. I'm not sure if this post is better off here or that other thread.
FuzzX
Freshman Poster

Post by FuzzX »

the first thing they'll ask is why can't you do that here?

Yup...

I was speaking with a friend the other day and told him that it is my preference that a woman I`m dating wears dresses as it is more of a feminine thing to do. Well that about set him off... he went on a tirade telling me that I was forcing women into that role and that I was going to be unhappy the rest of my life and that I should NEVER tell a woman what to do. I just said to him...dude I`ve had 2 relationships now where the women are HAPPY to comply.. he thinks I`m full of crap.. talk about

Pure Brainwashing.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Enishi wrote:I've never been able to fathom why it is that women in America are so anal and uptight when it comes to men looking at or flirting with them, unless of course the male is super rich or an exciting bad boy.

Personally, I like it when women look at me or make appraising comments. Even if they're incredibly obese and I dont feel the least bit attracted to them, I consider their attention a compliment. I can understand if a girl doesn't want a man to stare continously or make vulgar comments, but sheesh, when did having male desires become such a crime?

I wonder if much of this is due to ingrained habits passed down by the Puritans in New England, viewing natural desires as sinful, as well as viewing women as utterly chaste creatures incapable of naughty, carnal thoughts.
I also have never understood why women in the US are so upset about men smiling at them and striking up conversations with them. Men flirting with women in America is considered "creepy" by American women standards.

Women in the US, prefer to meet guys through their friends. Welcome to the dating scene in modern day America! :lol:
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
NorthAmericanguy
Veteran Poster

Post by NorthAmericanguy »

HardCoreMaddog wrote:
That's so true... one has to either have financial high status in order to meet woman in America and most of them would suffer from high mental hysteria and would play game bullshit and all that and plus it's sad that most Americans don't even know their own neighborhood... even in my neighborhood.. I lived there for seven years and yet the neighbors don't know me and I don't know them which I could care less. Here in this stinking country, the only great thing is earning money.
That's it, that's all this place is good for.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Winston wrote:I used to be shy and afraid to approach strangers in public too, when I never left the US. Most guys are. And that's because it's taboo to in the US. But once you're outside the USA matrix where it's ok and flirting is not a crime, you yourself change and open up more. That's what I find.

For many examples on how I approached women in public, see my Russia photojournals: http://www.happierabroad.com/Photojournals.htm
It's nice to know that in foreign countries the women are open to the idea of meeting men in public places like bookstores and grocery stores. Flirting is considered normal in most countries, just not in english speaking countries.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."