I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questions

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
Devil Dog
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questi

Post by Devil Dog »

hammanta wrote:
Jester wrote:
satchi wrote:
Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.

And to me the friendzone is as much the guys fault as it is the girls. It usually starts as a lack of fortitude of the man to step up and lay it on the line. I've learned this the hard way and still struggle with it at times. Each others intentions should be laid out before any escalates. If she is not interested then move on. The same goes with online.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

On HA there is no personal accountability. Everything is the fault of someone else. So it can't be the guy's fault.

Also, the Party Line of HA is that Game is not a valid concept. "Step up and lay it on the line" crosses into the areas of Game and self-determination and therefore cannot be recommended.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

Devil Dog wrote:
hammanta wrote:
Jester wrote:
satchi wrote:
Forget about fall in love or something. Just think about making new friends, and maybe see where this goes.

And to me the friendzone is as much the guys fault as it is the girls. It usually starts as a lack of fortitude of the man to step up and lay it on the line. I've learned this the hard way and still struggle with it at times. Each others intentions should be laid out before any escalates. If she is not interested then move on. The same goes with online.
Maybe you haven't been paying attention.

On HA there is no personal accountability. Everything is the fault of someone else. So it can't be the guy's fault.

Also, the Party Line of HA is that Game is not a valid concept. "Step up and lay it on the line" crosses into the areas of Game and self-determination and therefore cannot be recommended.
Oh I've been paying attention but I do agree with your assessment of this place. Too much self righteousness going on.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

hammanta wrote:but I feel a healthy relationship starts out with individuals having things in common and being friends. Over in Asia (at least developing Asia) this does not put you in the "friend zone" like it does the U.S.
Exactly. in saner societies if she likes you you will know it regardless of the present status. I think the friendzone thing in the states originates from the chick s having too many options as i always state. The day the ratios change the party will be over for them lol.

Anyhow, just a quick update on the experiment.
The filipinas keep adding 'interest' by the second, it's unreal, if i was one of those guys with low standards (in general, i'm not refering to anyone in the forum) I could have a HUGE harem or something lol
Like I said before though, the hotter ones from my list did not respond or send interest; but i just noticed i had screwed up in my profile by setting my preference from 22 to 37, so hopefully that's the reason most of the young hot ones did not respond. Hopefully. I fixed it to 18-37
Ah and hammanta, back to your suggestion on limiting the high end of the range. I do this on purpose to really see what's going on across the spectrum. It also makes you look like less of a "creep" lol.

As far as VC goes, it's starting to get out of hand, since I'm corresponding with almost sixteen of them now. Holy smokes, they're starting to come back from dormant mode and expressing interest back. Thankfully each girl takes quite a few days to come back with each message response.
I'm also hitting the stage where we'll do Skype so i don't know how I'll handle all that.
It's real nice to interact with the girls, but It's becoming a full time job.

One technical thing/tip. I've noticed that interests come in more frequently when i'm logged-in. Perhaps there's something on their end that puts you on top of their list or something. It could also just be my browsing hours.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

As far as VC goes, it's starting to get out of hand, since I'm corresponding with almost sixteen of them now. Holy smokes, they're starting to come back from dormant mode and expressing interest back. Thankfully each girl takes quite a few days to come back with each message response.
I'm also hitting the stage where we'll do Skype so i don't know how I'll handle all that.
It's real nice to interact with the girls, but It's becoming a full time job.
Nice! I'm glad Vietnam isn't looking too bad of a destination. The language barrier kinda discourages me a little but I like the interest that's been shown. May have to make that my next Asian trip.
One technical thing/tip. I've noticed that interests come in more frequently when i'm logged-in. Perhaps there's something on their end that puts you on top of their list or something. It could also just be my browsing hours.
This is true. Just like you can see how long ago the girls logged in, they can to. I remember being signed in for hours while doing other things and getting bombarded, yet when I signed off for a day or two, not nearly as much action. Another is to be signed on when it is their evening. I'm living in a place exactly 12 hours difference so I'd get the most action when I was waking up.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

hammanta your getting a lot of attention from vietnamese? Have you gotten them on cam? Whats your opinion of them?
MrBlueLight
Freshman Poster

Post by MrBlueLight »

Lots of bs in this thread. 90%-99% of girls on FC are scammers? Once again, newlifeinphilippines, you are full of shit.
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Devil Dog wrote:Maybe you haven't been paying attention.
On HA there is no personal accountability. Everything is the fault of someone else.
Actually I believe it's you that hasn't been paying attention. What you are talking about is human nature and common throughout the entire world.

hammanta wrote:The language barrier kinda discourages me a little
True, but I think the language thing should only be a real concern if you are considering living in her country, then it can be big. Otherwise though, there are plenty of english speakers to be found and that filter will also help you in finding the intelligent ones. And remember that it discourages most other guys too, so less competition for you! What you really need to consider other than language is the actual culture itself. She can speak english and learn to speak it better, but the culture will probably be ingrained in her so you better like it.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

It's time for an update on this, dudes:

As of now, I've cancelled my membership to FC, as the quality and quantity of results does not even begin to compare to VC.
I think this has gone from a mere experiment to something really serious, I think I've found a niche place that really suits me, i.e. petite young girls that are into my "type" lol. Assuming VC reflects at least a minimum into field-reality.

Right now I'm corresponding with over 60 cute-to-gorgeous girls in the 18-25 range, and it won't take long to reach the 100 mark at this pace.
It takes me about a day per week to update all the threads/status, it's crazy. I even had to make an Excel sheet to keep track of this. It's overwhelming but very very encouraging.
I've been dodging some of their requests to Skype because it would be insane time-wise. But I installed Viber, as it seems to be ubiquitous in Vietnam.

I'll probably spend two more months in south america and wrap it up, since even though i'm finally starting to build some circles, it's too slow and not really what i'm looking for. Girls are not flirtatious/interactive enough here, despite the stereotypes and sexy dressing/dancing. And I can't miss the opportunity of going to Asia, even if for the traveling and business opportunities alone, I would regret it later on.

What i'm **counting** on is that most of those Vietnamese girls flake once I'm over there, otherwise it would be totally unmanageable. Having like 5 girlfriends or something would be plenty amazing, although I know that sounds juvenile/immature. And unlike PUAs, my main focus is not necessarily "bangs". I like attention and platonic stuff just as much.
God willing I'll be there by late july or august...

I don't know if I should change the name of this thread though.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

I'll probably spend two more months in south america and wrap it up, since even though i'm finally starting to build some circles, it's too slow and not really what i'm looking for. Girls are not flirtatious/interactive enough here, despite the stereotypes and sexy dressing/dancing.'

Which countries you been to?Latinas are most flitartios women on the planet and vietnamese are least open n flitartious, they are similar to chinese.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

Banano wrote:Which countries you been to?Latinas are most flitartios women on the planet and vietnamese are least open n flitartious, they are similar to chinese.
Although i can only speak about Colombia, you're going by really silly stereotypes. DJ4 made a similiar comment the other day.

These girls do treat you real nice but only after you've painstakingly built rapport/circle over time, as well as passing some shit-tests; but you start as a turd by default. That doesn't count as flirtatious or curious. I'll explain further on my report, not on this thread.
I got more flirtation/authenticity in my Week in China than I get here in two months. And VC is proving the same for Vietnam, god willing.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

These are some of the things the Vietnamese girls write in their profiles, what a difference with western tatooed scum.
Dear Foreign men,
I'm a Asia women. I have been talk and meet many Foreign men. They are just want to sex. They are refering to sex when the first we are talk together. I really don't like. We DO NOT JUST want sex. I want a SERIOUS relationship. I also want love, someone I can talk to and laugh with and go out and do things with.We are need money. But it's not all. Please respect me and our cultural
The above shows there's a bunch of western chumps going around ruining everything, as always. I've read in other threads it's common for some jackasses to whack off in front of the camera when contacting asian girls. I swear to god...if i could throw them to sharks....

When you look at my photos, I'm young. I know !! However, my mind is not simple like my age After get a job I want, I just need someone can share everything with me in life.
Look, how sweet, she thinks she might not be perceived as mature enough.
I'm a fun girl, looking for a good man. I'm not perfect but I can do anything because my love. I think no one is good until we find out a part of us. I promise I will take care about you. I will share everything with you. I will try to undertand you. I will change myself if you want. I will respect you. I will love you with all my heart. Anything because our love. So where a you? Who are you?
Isn't this nice and refreshing? what a difference...

Another thing I like is that it seems Viet girls drink the least:
http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publ ... es/vnm.pdf
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

I think a lot of those girls will be impressed that you actually flew to Vietnam and most will be willing to meet you, just be prepared to have to update your stalling tactics cause many will not want you to date multiple women at the same time and they will force you to choose them or not probably after a few dates, especially if they know you are seeing other women too. You'll probably be overstimulated with opportunities and will have to be careful not to choose the wrong girl eventually after being pressed to finally choose one or not.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

As always, great insights Mr S. Thanks.

I find surprising you imply they might actually temporarily tolerate your multiple dating Lol.
I thought you'd get your balls cut off like with women this side of the pond :mrgreen: .

What i was thinking was that if the girls are busy enough (which it seems from their online write lags), one could manage to date each of them once or twice a week, without overlaps. I'm all speculation right now of course.
I should point out too that I have "only" a 10% response rate, but they're so many it's still great.

I must clarify also that I'm not contacting the ones specifically looking for long term relationships or marriage, I'm trying to stay somewhat moral and not hurt someone if i can.
You'll probably be overstimulated with opportunities and will have to be careful not to choose the wrong girl eventually after being pressed to finally choose one or not.
I'm really looking forward to that.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

An aside here, regarding haggling and bargaining when purchasing from locals on foreign countries. I've always seen travel shows promote this dumb idea of haggling as part of the 'entertainment' value. I think it's stupid, especially when locals are not on vacation and are trying to make a living.

I always think of what i'm willing to pay and that's it, i say 'thank you' and leave if the price is not convenient.

This guy breaks it down real nice:

http://www.vietnamtravel.org/how-haggle ... ng-vietnam
Others go for it guns blazing, unsatisfied unless they can squeeze every last penny off the price - often leading to unpleasant scenes where a rich foreigner bargains ruthlessly with a homeless child for a pack of cigarettes, fighting to the last cent despite clearly being able to pay a fair price.
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

droid wrote:An aside here, regarding haggling and bargaining when purchasing from locals on foreign countries. I've always seen travel shows promote this dumb idea of haggling as part of the 'entertainment' value. I think it's stupid, especially when locals are not on vacation and are trying to make a living.

I always think of what i'm willing to pay and that's it, i say 'thank you' and leave if the price is not convenient.

This guy breaks it down real nice:

http://www.vietnamtravel.org/how-haggle ... ng-vietnam
Others go for it guns blazing, unsatisfied unless they can squeeze every last penny off the price - often leading to unpleasant scenes where a rich foreigner bargains ruthlessly with a homeless child for a pack of cigarettes, fighting to the last cent despite clearly being able to pay a fair price.
The problem is that in most cases you will always get quoted the highest price the merchant thinks they can get away with, especially since they think your a dumb foreign tourist. Most tourists don't care cause they are only there for a short time and their money goes farther but it's a problem for foreigners that know better and frequently travel or live there and know the prices are totally inflated and you almost always have to argue with them to give you the normal price. This is what I have to constantly do here in PI because you got idiot tourists giving more money than what something is really worth and then all the locals think they can get away with it every time they see a foreigner. I suggest always paying market price if possible, even if you can afford to pay more to maintain the status quo. Especially with taxis, giving extra money to taxi drivers just encourages them to be more deceitful and give you a hard time in certain locations or going to certain places.

DON''T OVER PAY!!!!!
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.