I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questions

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questions

Post by droid »

Hey I had signed up on FilipinoCupid a couple months ago just to experiment.
But i only posted my pic until two days ago, now I'm getting lots of interests lol. there's two or three girls that i rather like. This is nice!
Now I know what skanks in the west must feel like by getting pedestilized in such sites...

1-Is this stuff for real?
2-How many in % are scammers?
3-Is it worth paying the $30+/month to get to write to them? Or are the "interests" and "messages" a gimmick just to get you to pay the membership?

I kind of feel bad about wasting their time since i won't be there until well into next year; but i'm sure they're playing their cards too lol.

I think tell tales of scammers are when the post only one picture but it's a hot one, or when the age gap they can accept is rather large. But i could be wrong.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Re: I'm getting kind of bombarded on FC: A couple questions

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

90 to 99 percent are scammers if you are liberal with the term and no im not exaggerating. Yeah its only 30 bucks its worth it. I used dateinasia and thats worse supposedly.

Dont worry they will forget you in 2 weeks. They are all talking to many guys. Even the ones who claim otherwise are usually. They dont care if you say you will be there in one month from now they aren't invested.

There are exceptions and those are the girls that may make good long term girlfriends.

It seems like most guys who found a good long term girlfriend were chatting with the girl for many months beforehand. 2 or 3 months before my trip i just found a lot of girls coming and going or losing interest. Its really hard to find that one girl. So it may be worth signing up for 1 year ahead of time. I would only do it if your bored though and really are looking for a wife. If your not looking for a wife and are busy then save your money and time. You will go crazy talking to filipinas for a full freaking year. I chatted with them for 2 months and i was ready to die.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

90 to 99 percent lol. I know you have a bias on that so i hope someone else gives an opinion here too. How can you explain that the interests jumped ten fold when i uploaded my picture though? (if they're scammers it shouldn't matter). Or is it a trick from the site?
No brad pit here of course but i think asian girls like my "type" lol. :mrgreen:
Dont worry they will forget you in 2 weeks. They are all talking to many guys. Even the ones who claim otherwise are usually. They dont care if you say you will be there in one month from now they aren't invested.
That's a relieve/disappointment a the same time lol, thank you.

There are mostly delusional 35+yo that think they can get a dude just a couple of years older.
But the few 18-25 girls are nice. I wont' travel 10,000 miles for anything else lol.

I don't know if it's worth it to blow the money on this at this point since there are so many months left before I go (if ever), but man i tell you something this does help your ego/confidence lol. No wonder western skanks do it just for the boost.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
Feldeinsamkeit
Freshman Poster

Post by Feldeinsamkeit »

droid wrote:90 to 99 percent lol. I know you have a bias on that so i hope someone else gives an opinion here too. How can you explain that the interests jumped ten fold when i uploaded my picture though? (if they're scammers it shouldn't matter). Or is it a trick from the site?
No brad pit here of course but i think asian girls like my "type" lol. :mrgreen:
That's a relieve/disappointment a the same time lol, thank you.

There are mostly delusional 35+yo that think they can get a dude just a couple of years older.
But the few 18-25 girls are nice. I wont' travel 10,000 miles for anything else lol.

I don't know if it's worth it to blow the money on this at this point since there are so many months left before I go (if ever), but man i tell you something this does help your ego/confidence lol. No wonder western skanks do it just for the boost.
POF and OKC in the Anglosphere are the online version of crack for the Anglowenches registered on such sites, such is the narcissistic kick that they derive from using them. They offer the female equivalent of Bangkok without women having to even leave the confines of their own home. Simply the thought that Western women could have any guy they want on those sites is better than any sex they might have with any of them. It's true when they say that power - and, perhaps, the feeling of power that power provides - is the greatest aphrodisiac of all. For a Western guy that isn't the cream of the crop in every way, such sites are soul-crushing and represent the ultimate in sausage fests - I should know, I experimented with several for a year (paid and unpaid ones, POF and OKC included) but they wore me out in the end and now I don't go near them.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

droid wrote:Hey I had signed up on FilipinoCupid a couple months ago just to experiment.
But i only posted my pic until two days ago, now I'm getting lots of interests lol. there's two or three girls that i rather like. This is nice!
Now I know what skanks in the west must feel like by getting pedestilized in such sites...

3-Is it worth paying the $30+/month to get to write to them? Or are the "interests" and "messages" a gimmick just to get you to pay the membership?

I kind of feel bad about wasting their time since i won't be there until well into next year; but i'm sure they're playing their cards too lol.

I think tell tales of scammers are when the post only one picture but it's a hot one, or when the age gap they can accept is rather large. But i could be wrong.
This has been talked about a bunch and in fact there is a long thread on online dating with Filipinas that I started a couple years ago. I did online dating with Filipinas on both FC and Cherry Blossoms. I was sort of scientific and keep track of who I talked to. I chatted with dozens (well over a hundred) girls. I was a very very busy guy.

Questions:
1. Is it real? Sure. But it depends on what you are looking for. Lots of the men and women are there for a bit of fun and games. This quickly gets boring. Many are interested in interacting with another culture: the girls are very curious about foreigners and the men are curious about Filipinas. Plenty are there fantasizing about one nighters. And a relatively small percentage are actually interested in finding life partners.

2. As to the % of scammers, it depends on how you define scammer. For me the definition was: is a girl going to ask for money, whether on the 1st chat or the 50th? I tracked this stat carefully. The 1st time I was a CB member I got asked for money by about 25% of the women. Sometimes that happened quickly - the 1st couple chats. Sometimes (and this is when I was most disappointed) it happened after I got the know the girl a bit and we'd chatted a number of times. Eventually it became easier to tell who was going to ask for money; there were lots of code words. I actually found it fun to play the game, knowing the girl was eventually gonna ask for cash.

Interestingly, I came back to online dating on CB about a year later. That time the % of women who asked for cash was lower - 10-15%. Was it because the women had changed or because I had learned a bit and was choosing better? I suspect the latter. If you take the time, you will learn who is good and who is not - although even then you will occasionally get fooled. There is no absolute way to discern scammers online; I have heard all the theories and they are all flawed. You will have to chat with the girl, get to know her and see what happens. There are no shortcuts. Fortunately, it's a fun process and I found myself chatting and juggling dozens of girls, until I found the one.

But, contrary to what some others say, I still found that most of the women were sincere. Of course they are dreaming and fantasizing about marriage and a better life, but that's what most of us dream of.

3. Is it worth it to pay? If you're serious about meeting a Filipina or finding about what Filipinas or the Philippines is like, then IMO it is worth it. If you're just bored and goofing around, then maybe not. Remember the girls know that the vast majority of the men are just playing and will never come to the Philippines. So a guy who is a paying member at least tells her you are "serious" - which to Pinays is very important. That said, I also know guys who met their wives/gfs on free sites or FB. But if a guy is serious about meeting and possibly marrying a Filipina, the $30 is the cheapest part. It gets much more expensive from there.

If you are serious about the FC thing - ping Pete or even me. We both had similar methodologies in terms of how we sorted through the thousands of girls. We are also both happily married to Pinays - so it can work.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

droid wrote:Hey I had signed up on FilipinoCupid a couple months ago just to experiment.

I had the same results when I signed up for FC. I got like 50 messages/interests in one day :shock: . Personally I don't really believe that most of these girls are genuinely interested (although I would like to believe they are LOL). It seems to me like they are really desperate and would take just about any foreigner with money no matter how old, ugly, etc.. Maybe I am wrong but that is the impression I got.

Very different from the latin dating sites like Latin American Cupid and Colombian Cupid, where the women are a lot pickier (which is a good thing IMHO).
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

chibolo wrote:
It seems to me like they are really desperate and would take just about any foreigner with money no matter how old, ugly, etc.. Maybe I am wrong but that is the impression I got.

Very different from the latin dating sites like Latin American Cupid and Colombian Cupid, where the women are a lot pickier (which is a good thing IMHO).
Useful comparison, thanks
"Well actually, she's not REALLY my daughter. But she does like to call me Daddy... at certain moments..."
green1976
Freshman Poster

Re: I'm getting bombarded on Filipino Cupid: A couple questi

Post by green1976 »

I have a trip to Thailand the next month for around 40 to 60 days.
My wish is to make a side travel to Cambodia or the Philippines.

I've got more responses or being contacted at first on PI dating websites compared to Thai.
My experiences where the last year.

The way i work is i just open and make active my profile some weeks before my coming.
If i do this too far before ,i found that time consuming and many ladies there won't stand so long and they prefer you will be available in the country soon.

Gold digger,scammer sure..you just have the choice and don't put too much of hopes there.
We get the opportunity to have plenty of possibilities against any other western dating website.

I'm not looking for a serious and long term relationship but i'm not against it.
It wouldn't be realistic to me without even having been to the PI but for sure i'm really doubtful regarding my past expériences with Thai women to make it that way.

Just to tell you as you don't plan to go the next month or in some weeks,i would wait before getting involved there.
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

davewe wrote:

This has been talked about a bunch and in fact there is a long thread on online dating with Filipinas that I started a couple years ago. I did online dating with Filipinas on both FC and Cherry Blossoms. I was sort of scientific and keep track of who I talked to. I chatted with dozens (well over a hundred) girls. I was a very very busy guy.

Questions:
1. Is it real? Sure. But it depends on what you are looking for. Lots of the men and women are there for a bit of fun and games. This quickly gets boring. Many are interested in interacting with another culture: the girls are very curious about foreigners and the men are curious about Filipinas. Plenty are there fantasizing about one nighters. And a relatively small percentage are actually interested in finding life partners.

2. As to the % of scammers, it depends on how you define scammer. For me the definition was: is a girl going to ask for money, whether on the 1st chat or the 50th? I tracked this stat carefully. The 1st time I was a CB member I got asked for money by about 25% of the women. Sometimes that happened quickly - the 1st couple chats. Sometimes (and this is when I was most disappointed) it happened after I got the know the girl a bit and we'd chatted a number of times. Eventually it became easier to tell who was going to ask for money; there were lots of code words. I actually found it fun to play the game, knowing the girl was eventually gonna ask for cash.

Interestingly, I came back to online dating on CB about a year later. That time the % of women who asked for cash was lower - 10-15%. Was it because the women had changed or because I had learned a bit and was choosing better? I suspect the latter. If you take the time, you will learn who is good and who is not - although even then you will occasionally get fooled. There is no absolute way to discern scammers online; I have heard all the theories and they are all flawed. You will have to chat with the girl, get to know her and see what happens. There are no shortcuts. Fortunately, it's a fun process and I found myself chatting and juggling dozens of girls, until I found the one.

But, contrary to what some others say, I still found that most of the women were sincere. Of course they are dreaming and fantasizing about marriage and a better life, but that's what most of us dream of.

3. Is it worth it to pay? If you're serious about meeting a Filipina or finding about what Filipinas or the Philippines is like, then IMO it is worth it. If you're just bored and goofing around, then maybe not. Remember the girls know that the vast majority of the men are just playing and will never come to the Philippines. So a guy who is a paying member at least tells her you are "serious" - which to Pinays is very important. That said, I also know guys who met their wives/gfs on free sites or FB. But if a guy is serious about meeting and possibly marrying a Filipina, the $30 is the cheapest part. It gets much more expensive from there.

If you are serious about the FC thing - ping Pete or even me. We both had similar methodologies in terms of how we sorted through the thousands of girls. We are also both happily married to Pinays - so it can work.
Definitely listen to Dave
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

You've probably mentioned this in other threads but what is your end goal? Notches? Long Term girlfriend? Vacation chick?

If you are going for notches (which I'm not an advocate of) I'd simply wait until a couple weeks before you go and do a lot of pipelining. Keep it short, get their number and skype quick, and text them when you get there. I'd say more than half actually gave me their number in the first message. Out of 20 girls, you'd get 10-15 to text you back, and 5 to show up on a date. A secret is when you get their skype, check out their profile, get their real name and location and see if you can find them on facebook. Then you can see a bunch of pics even before chatting with her. Also day game works to.

If you are going for a long term girl, Dave always has good advice, but here's mine to. Pay the 30 bucks but wait til you are 2-3 months out from your trip. Look for girls in province areas where you know few foreigners go. Pump out a few girls in Manila because it will be a lot harder to sleep with province girls, especially if you go to Mindinao. This will tame your urge for the time being. Make sure they are talkative and their profile has a good amount to say on it. It helps when they say things like "not here for money" or "no old guys." Those are signs of genuineness but not always. It also depends how long you plan on staying there. My biggest advice though is to not fall in love before you meet, and expect that she is talking to other guys. And you need to be talking to other girls. When you actually meet a girl you met online and you are genuine in your approach, she will pick up on that and you will have a very happy girl on your hands.
Seduction Sebi
Freshman Poster

Post by Seduction Sebi »

I also made very good experiences with Filipino Cupid. I also got bombarded with a lot of messages and at the beginning I had the same worries like you have now. I would say that there are some scammers who ask you for money but that 90-99% of those girls are scammers is simply not true (at least not in my experience).

In case one of those girls asks you to send her money because her ten sisters are sick, you simply ignore her. All you have to do is to meet the women who don't even mention the word money and who want to meet you anyway.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

chibolo wrote:

I had the same results when I signed up for FC. I got like 50 messages/interests in one day :shock: . Personally I don't really believe that most of these girls are genuinely interested (although I would like to believe they are LOL). It seems to me like they are really desperate and would take just about any foreigner with money no matter how old, ugly, etc.. Maybe I am wrong but that is the impression I got.

Total honesty here. One example was a nurse girl who was really into me and i stopped talking to her and she quickly within days suddenly found a new "boyfriend" fro las vegas. I also found her aunts profile on the dating site one day and she had a foreign boyfriend in hong kong. Not to say im innocent i chat with other girls and cheated on my gf but i knew there was no future and my gf was an "easy girl" who came from a desperate background.

From my experience only the hot girls with a good job and no kids are picky. The rest are just desperate and take note what i say here WILL MARRY THE FIRST MONGER THAT PROPOSES TO GET THEM TO THE REAL WORLD.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

If you believe that most of these girls are not scammers than I guess you think a girl who sleeps with the first foreigner that offers to meet her and will endlessly leech off you without a care in the world is good girlfriend material? Cause that describes most of the dating site girls. The rest wont actually meet you or are picky.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

hammanta wrote:

You've probably mentioned this in other threads but what is your end goal? Notches? Long Term girlfriend? Vacation chick?

If you are going for notches (which I'm not an advocate of) I'd simply wait until a couple weeks before you go and do a lot of pipelining. Keep it short, get their number and skype quick, and text them when you get there. I'd say more than half actually gave me their number in the first message. Out of 20 girls, you'd get 10-15 to text you back, and 5 to show up on a date. A secret is when you get their skype, check out their profile, get their real name and location and see if you can find them on facebook. Then you can see a bunch of pics even before chatting with her. Also day game works to.

If you are going for a long term girl, Dave always has good advice, but here's mine to. Pay the 30 bucks but wait til you are 2-3 months out from your trip. Look for girls in province areas where you know few foreigners go. Pump out a few girls in Manila because it will be a lot harder to sleep with province girls, especially if you go to Mindinao. This will tame your urge for the time being. Make sure they are talkative and their profile has a good amount to say on it. It helps when they say things like "not here for money" or "no old guys." Those are signs of genuineness but not always. It also depends how long you plan on staying there. My biggest advice though is to not fall in love before you meet, and expect that she is talking to other guys. And you need to be talking to other girls. When you actually meet a girl you met online and you are genuine in your approach, she will pick up on that and you will have a very happy girl on your hands.
Kind of hard to be chasing province girls cause they may not show up or be far away from hotels. Most wont be willing to meet you either if they are far away th ey expect you to meet htem. and id be scared of wasting my time going so far.

That would work though if you settle on some really high quality bids though inthe province. But i wouldn't do that approach unless you found some girls with some good potential that you build rapport over awhile.

How are you guys able to build rapport with these girls? All the hot girls without kids come and go and often are a pain to even see one time on cam.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

hammanta wrote: You've probably mentioned this in other threads but what is your end goal? Notches? Long Term girlfriend? Vacation chick?

Pay the 30 bucks but wait til you are 2-3 months out from your trip. Look for girls in province areas where you know few foreigners go. Pump out a few girls in Manila because it will be a lot harder to sleep with province girls, especially if you go to Mindinao. This will tame your urge for the time being. Make sure they are talkative and their profile has a good amount to say on it. It helps when they say things like "not here for money" or "no old guys." Those are signs of genuineness but not always. It also depends how long you plan on staying there. My biggest advice though is to not fall in love before you meet, and expect that she is talking to other guys. And you need to be talking to other girls. When you actually meet a girl you met online and you are genuine in your approach, she will pick up on that and you will have a very happy girl on your hands.
This is all good advise, especially the "don't fall in love in advance." Everyone thinks "not me - I won't fall in love" but it is very easy to do. Try not to - but understand you might.

What I have discovered is that there are no hard and fast rules, so set your own rules. By that I mean that everything I decided I would never do - I know at least one guy who did and ended up happily married. Guys who married a bar girl, married a girl with kids, married a girl already married and helped her get an annulment, married an uneducated girl, married a province girl/a Manila girl. The list goes on and on. I simply decided on what I wanted and didn't want and stuck to my own rules. One of the advantages of there being so many girls online who want to chat with you is you can do that - you don't have to compromise. For me I strictly went for college/univ. educated, completely single, no kids, non-smokers, etc. And yet I am sure I know 100 guys married to Filipinas and each had his own methodology. Still to this day I am very confident that my rules work - or at least they worked for me.

The other thing I still believe strongly is that you have to be consistent with who you are and what you want. Now, I didn't start out looking for a wife. I was curious about the women and the culture. But soon it became clear that I was "serious". The methodology for accumulating notches, or a vacation gf or wife are very different and you have to be consistent with your goal. If you're not the girls will see through you. Unlike the West you can't mix and match. A good girl who wants marriage will not be looking for a one night stand.