Do some men just have special power with women?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Most of us look for the logic behind success. Maybe it is not so obvious. I have a friend who is like this with women. The typical logic just does not apply. I have seen him in action both overseas and in the USA.

He is:
Too old- early 50s.
Average looks- some balding(Though in pretty good shape)
Only average income.
He is not a sharp dresser, though he is reasonably groomed.

His only obvious asset is that he has good personality skills.

All around N is an over the hill average package. Yet, he eye of can walk into a social event and catch the the prettiest girl in the room, and if he is inclined, he can win the attentions of women half his age.
There is not a logical explanation for this it seems. Is it pheromones? One possibility is confidence, but given his age, that would not seem to be enough to get younger women to flip over him.
I was at a social event with him and there was a lot of competition there...young, handsome men with decent jobs. Then I hear that the next day he has a lunch date with the prettiest woman there- perhaps age 26. He can be totally outgunned and it does not seem to deter him.

I mean I thought I was an operator when I was single, but this man puts me to shame!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Show me a full length picture of him, and I'll bet I could tell you. What men may think are "average looks" might well have a particular appeal to women.

And of course, notwithstanding Winston's (protesteth too much) attempts to dismiss it as a factor, self confidence obviously plays a role at some point in the process. You usually get what you expect, and a few successes with women will calibrate expectations accordingly.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Some men just have a way with women, even if they're ugly as heck. It's the charisma and personality factor. ...
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

gsjackson wrote:Show me a full length picture of him, and I'll bet I could tell you. What men may think are "average looks" might well have a particular appeal to women.

And of course, notwithstanding Winston's (protesteth too much) attempts to dismiss it as a factor, self confidence obviously plays a role at some point in the process. You usually get what you expect, and a few successes with women will calibrate expectations accordingly.
He is quiet at first...and a bit of humility about him...but I do think he is almost always confident that he
will win. A case of supreme confidence overcoming overwhelming odds? Yes, I would say, he really expects to succeed. He is an enigma never the less.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

OutWest wrote:
gsjackson wrote:Show me a full length picture of him, and I'll bet I could tell you. What men may think are "average looks" might well have a particular appeal to women.

He is quiet at first...and a bit of humility about him...but I do think he is almost always confident that he
will win. A case of supreme confidence overcoming overwhelming odds? Yes, I would say, he really expects to succeed. He is an enigma never the less.
Agreed. Sometimes you can tell little things in the picture that women will go for (assuming the prevailing thesis here that they all want moronic thugs isn't altogether right). Things like shoulder to hip ratio, the smile, some guys have a boyish aura that lasts into their golden years. Little things like these can sub for classic good looks often, then after a few successes the confidence momentum starts to build.

That idiot troll who got banned, Wufan, would start thread after thread arguing that only guys who look like male models have a chance with hot women. That's as wrong as it can be.

The greatest poosy slayer I ever knew was truly homely -- and that's at 21. Pock marked skin, stringy hair that he was losing fast. He was about 6-1, carried himself like a good athlete, which he was. Was extremely funny. But I'd say the main thing he had going for him was a sort of ultra-relaxation, an aura of always being comfortable. Moved and talked very slowly. He was -- and this may give pause to HA seekers abroad types -- almost completely at home and at one with Raleigh, North Carolina. He couldn't be anyplace else. I think that had something to do with his success with the ladies of Raleigh.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

Some men are just really good with women. It's a flow you can get it, I think. You have some degree of success early in life and you just never stop having success. Some men have that.

My grandmother had an uncle who was by all accounts an average looking man, but who was a great dresser, she told me. He just had a certain style, some "swagger" over him when he would walk into a room. He married four times, his last marriage was at 74 to a girl who was only 22. She was blonde, cute and he wasn't even well-to-do at that point. He lived to be 101 and when he died he was still married to his last wife, they even had children when he was already in his late seventies and he lived long enough to see them graduate high school.

This man had a brother, my great-grandfather, who was also very much a charmer. When he became a widower at 89, he spent the last five years of his life flirting and dating several middle aged ladies, mostly about two or three decades his junior. Well conserved specimens, all of them, and he took them out on cruises and trips.

Now neither of these men were particularly rich, they just had something. My father and grandfather also are quite charming, and if I may say so myself I'm not all that bad with women, although I'm no where close to my ancestors in this regard. Perhaps it'll skip a generation and my sons will be local heartthrobs, haha!
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

OutWest wrote:

I agree with this.
How tall is that guy Outwest? Here in the US if you're the right height you're halfway there. A caveman face or bald head that would be "creepy" at 5'5" might actually work and be more "hunky" and "confident" on a 6'3".
I've seen a few exceptions of short cuban dudes with hotties, but the girl usually looks foreign.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

droid wrote:
OutWest wrote:

I agree with this.
How tall is that guy Outwest? Here in the US if you're the right height you're halfway there. A caveman face or bald head that would be "creepy" at 5'5" might actually work and be more "hunky" and "confident" on a 6'3".
I've seen a few exceptions of short cuban dudes with hotties, but the girl usually looks foreign.

He is only 5' 11"". I do think GSJackson may have touched on part of this man's magic-
He is ALWAYS comfortable in his own skin, and that connects to a deep confidence. I think women, even much younger ones, find this very reassuring....it probably gives him a kind of quiet charisma.
Bobby
Freshman Poster

Post by Bobby »

Outwest, be honest: do you "like" this guy.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Bobby wrote:Outwest, be honest: do you "like" this guy.
:lol:

Gotta find a way to use this

:lol:

:wink:
Bane
Freshman Poster

Post by Bane »

I agree with this.

LOL! Absolutely right!
5'5 and quietly confident= insecure, limp-wristed, milquetoast sissy boy who has a chip on his shoulder bigger than he is.

6'4 and quietly confident= Clint Eastwood

He is:
Too old- early 50s

I'm not sure that age is so much of a negative. Remember, in a lot of women's minds, age equates to more time working, which then usually equates to more money, which as we know is very important!
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." -Oscar Wilde

"Invincibility is in oneself, vulnerability is in the opponent" -Sun Tzu
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

Bobby wrote:Outwest, be honest: do you "like" this guy.

haha...very funny. However, if I was the typical 50s American man, either divorced or married to some
all consuming cheese monster, I would be damned jealous of him...

There are people in various categories who are just good case studies. What I have myself is anomalous for America men- a lovely young wife who calls me honey every morning and thinks "husband maintenance" is the highest calling in life. One must count their blessings as they say...
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Taco »

Some guys can sell shit to a pig farmer. That's basically what PUA's do. Their very good at convincing women they have high social status even when they don't.

American women have an obvious preference for hyper-masculine men, jocks, criminals, heavy drinkers etc... Even after they've been locked up in a prison they continue to loyally visit them. If you give off an aura of dysfunctionality American women will be immediately interested. They can only feel feminine in the presence of a man that has a personality more masculine than theirs. When they meet such a man they are then able to convince themselves they are in fact women and not Godzilla.
Archangel_hawksnest
Freshman Poster

Re: Do some men just have special power with women?

Post by Archangel_hawksnest »

yes it's called the top 20 percent of men who have looks, money and status. for all other guys you have to compromise and settle for some woman that you don't really want but it's all you can get.
lasttry
Freshman Poster

Re: Do some men just have special power with women?

Post by lasttry »

Lots of women have very low self-esteem and feel self-hate in the presence of decent men. They deliberately choose worthless men as boyfriends so they can feel superior to them.

Women who grow up in ghettoish female-dominated households typically have low self-esteem. When these women get pregnant by their loser boyfriends and establish another ghettoish female-dominated household, the cycle perpetuates.