Check out the best 'Happier Abroad' movie ever made!

Discuss movies, films, TV shows, music, celebrities and entertainment.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Check out the best 'Happier Abroad' movie ever made!

Post by jamesbond »

Hey guys check out this movie, which definitely has a "happier abroad" theme, it's called, "Teddy Bear." It won the Sundance Film Festival award in 2012.

"Physically massive but shy and socially inept, a 38-year-old Danish bodybuilder longs to fall in love -- but finds it impossible. He has never had a girlfriend and lives alone with his mother in a suburb of Copenhagen. When his uncle marries a girl from Thailand, Dennis decides to try his own luck on a trip to Pattaya, as it seems that love is easier to find in Thailand.. Traveling to Thailand, he learns some unexpected lessons about life and love."

Here are the trailers for the film, each one shows some different scenes from the movie. It's available to rent on Netflix with instant viewing and by DVD.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Or he can wait until robot wives are invented and have many robot wives!

manly5000
Freshman Poster

Post by manly5000 »

Hey 007 - I'm watching this movie right now. It is AWESOME. I feel everything this guy is going through, though I'm actually outgoing and socially adept. I'm also seriously into bodybuilding (not to this guy's level tho) and feel completely alone in my current society/situation.

Can't wait to head south of the border and find my own private paradise.

Dennis rules... lol.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

manly5000 wrote:Hey 007 - I'm watching this movie right now. It is AWESOME. I feel everything this guy is going through, though I'm actually outgoing and socially adept. I'm also seriously into bodybuilding (not to this guy's level tho) and feel completely alone in my current society/situation.

Can't wait to head south of the border and find my own private paradise.

Dennis rules... lol.
I watched the movie again today on Netflix streaming. I have never seen a movie like this before, it looks very much like a documentary.

Every man should watch this movie. It came out in 2012, I hope they make a sequel.

I loved the scene in the movie where after Dennis decides to travel to Thailand to meet women, he tells that stuck up blond in the gym (that he dated for a little while) that he is cancelling his upcoming date with her and she says, "fine, good" and he says, "your not my type anyway" then he walks away (and the girl looks stunned, how dare any man say to her that she is not his type). :P
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
ChampionKaji
Freshman Poster

Post by ChampionKaji »

I checked it out. Pretty interesting movie, but the second thai girl is good-looking and almost looks northeast. The one he ended up with is completely hideous, but the story of the movie was interesting. My CO deals with something similar.